Its Settled..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its Settled..

AB, JG, and Sully are the new core..

They are the players to build around

Ab for his defensive nose, and (I believe) his emerging shot from the corners. (Rondo)

JF is really coming on. Tommy said he is PP's replacement. I believe him. (PP)

I included Sully because of the tremendous improvement he made during his rookie year.

Now if we can only find another KG in China somewhere, we are set…

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Re: Its Settled..

There will never be another KG.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

Just like there will never be another Russell, Bird, MJ, or Wilt.

Or another Lebron James, or Kevin McHale.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

All three of those guys are good complimentary players. Not guys that anyone would want to build a team around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Agree. we need a star.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Core sounds nice, but I don't see core, I see guys who can play within Doc and Danny's system. AD, JG, Sully, Bassy, Lee, TW, and sometimes Rondo can play within the system. I see Danny picking up a star FA player after KG retires.        

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Some could argue that there have been crude facsimile's of those giant's mentioned above. Jordan/Kobe, Wilt/Shaq, Bird/Dirk. Perhaps the closet copy of Russell could be our own KG, who is best known for his defense, rebounding and unmatched intensity. The difference is mostly championships. The copies never match the originals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Some could argue that there have been crude facsimile's of those giant's mentioned above. Jordan/Kobe, Wilt/Shaq, Bird/Dirk. Perhaps the closet copy of Russell could be our own KG, who is best known for his defense, rebounding and unmatched intensity. The difference is mostly championships. The copies never match the originals.

Oscar/Magic!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

All three of those guys are good complimentary players. Not guys that anyone would want to build a team around.

They are somewhere in the middle

Borderline all-stars, any of who could be a 3rd best player on a contender - yes

Superstar - no

Solid multiple appearance all-star that can be Robin to a superstars Batman - no

Your 3rd and 4th best players are not 'complimentary' players, thats reserved for your worst starter and best bench guys... but when you talk about a new 'core' those 3 are all def part of it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Borderline all-stars, any of who could be a 3rd best player on a contender - yes

Superstar - no

Solid multiple appearance all-star that can be Robin to a superstars Batman - no

Your 3rd and 4th best players are not 'complimentary' players, thats reserved for your worst starter and best bench guys... but when you talk about a new 'core' those 3 are all def part of it

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Superstar - no

Question...AT what point did PP become a star player to build around???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rondo gets us one of the Bigs we need....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What I mean is that they are keepers, not necessarily superstars..

as  they still have a relative high ceiling...and each with a special contribution to the team.

Rondo, to me is tradeable (unless he does a 180) with picks to get that superstar or lotto pick...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Ab for his defensive nose, and (I believe) his emerging shot from the corners. (Rondo)

I included Sully because of the tremendous improvement he made during his rookie year.

The last one was a joke...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

The last one was a joke...

Yao Ming was made in China during the Bling dynasty...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Superstar - no

You see Bradley and Green as "borderline all stars"? Bradley averages 9 points a game.  Green is a guy that gets you 15 and 5.

They aren't borderline all stars. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Next year if Paul and kg retired I could see green playing a lot of minutes and putting up 20.  He could be an all star.  Bradley probably not because defense isn't allowed in all star game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Next year if Paul and kg retired I could see green playing a lot of minutes and putting up 20.  He could be an all star.  Bradley probably not because defense isn't allowed in all star game.

Bradley is a very good player. Don't get me wrong. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone - if KG retires, I know there is a way we can get his salary off the books-  is there a way we can get under the cap and sign Big Al?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Anyone - if KG retires, I know there is a way we can get his salary off the books-  is there a way we can get under the cap and sign Big Al?

Waive Pierce, is what Fierce told me in another thread!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If PP is waved, can he be signed at a lower cap friendly contract???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Avery Bradley is a very good player that has had some horrible luck his first few years,but his bad luck seems to be behind him now. Next season is when we will finally see how good AB can be. Remember he has had 4 major surgeries over the last couple of seasons,the strike season he had 2 ankle injuries and this offseason he had 2 shoulder surgeries. This offseason he will be able to actually prepare for the season,get in a whole camp and tune up in preseason. I believe we will see an even better AB that will be ready to take a spot as one of the premier Guards in the league.

Green might be a starter and core player before this season ends. I've always been a fan of Green and I think the sky is the limit with Jeff,he has the skills to carry a team offensively and defensively.

Sully,no way of telling yet. He was showing great potential and displayed an amazing bball IQ again on both ends. If his surgery is a complete success he will be a solid contributor.

Another player I am intrigued by is Terrence Williams, I think he has the potential to be a Micheal Cooper like player for us. Coop had the length to play a 2 or a 3 and the quickness to guard a 1 and can play some point too. He develops a set 3 pt spot and he could be an excellent pich up for us.

I know a lot of people are down on Rondo but he is very much a core player going forward. I also think his injury may have been a blessing in disguise, when he comes back after watching this team have some success without him will give the motivation to come back stronger and the having to come back and take his spot will give the motivation he seemed to lack this season.

Lee is another player who will have an expanded role going forward. Lee is a guy I was down on because I felt he wasn't playing his game he was trying to be allen. Now that he is being Courtney Lee, I can see why DA signed him for 5 years he brings a lot of intangibles and energy to the game. I don't know if these group of players will be the best in the NBA but I don't see us seeing lottery anytime soon unless via trade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

I like the team that the Celtics have.

With the new CBA, times are changing. It could break up super teams and prevent future ones from forming, making the NBA a much more competitive place.  With defense, we should always be competitve because it is effort based. Offense is the  variable.

I don't know that any of the guys mentioned as stars are copies, they all have or had their own game. Furthermore, the game has changed over the years, rules have changed, racism has been relatively minimized, the style of play tends to change over time, and even teams play by different rules. While I am sure that all of the people mentioned would have been stars in any age, It is unclear that their impact would be the same, especially on a team like the current Charlotte team.