It's the interior defense -- not Rondo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

It's the interior defense -- not Rondo!

the Celtics have allowed (by Hoopdata’s formula) 97.7 points per 100 possessions overall, a mark that has ranked either first or second in the league for most of the season.

In the nine games since the Perkins trade (excluding the first post-trade deadline game in Denver, when Boston had a makeshift roster), the Celtics have allowed 98.1 points per 100 possessions, take out the bucks 56 point game and Boston has permitted 102.75 points per 100 possessions. That’s still better than league average, but only the equivalent of about the 10th-best defense in the league. That’s not so great, really, when you consider that five of those nine games came against the Bucks, Clippers and Nets, all among the league’s bottom-10 offenses.

Opponents are hitting a much better percentage of inside shots. In those nine games, teams have made 123-of-193 at the rim (63.7 percent). For the season, Boston ranks second in this category at a shade worse than 60 percent. That 63.7 percent mark would rank about 17th overall. The Clippers especially tore up Boston’s front line, hitting 33-of-48  close shots (68.8 percent) over two games and generally holding a dunk-fest on Krstic’s head.

More from where I am plagerizing:

We need Shaq back and someone needs to reanimate Jermaine O'Neil's corpse if we are going to have a chance at the banner this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: It's the interior defense -- not Rondo!

Hmm, I'm not sure I can get on board with this. Krstic has been putting up double-doubles. I attribute it more too

*a new fluctuating bench
    *one game RA scores less than 7 points
    *one game PP scores less than 7 points
    *Rondo has slow wheels

Sections
Shortcuts