It's time for Green to start

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: It's time for Green to start

I agree, Kirk!  I think Doc likes Green off the bench, but I can't argue with you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In place of Terry.

And Sullinger can take Bass' place.

Green needs to start and play at least 30 minutes a game!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Green doesn't really need to start. What Green needs is to play 30 minutes per game.

Once Bass is gone, Green will get a lot of playing time.

Right now the Celts are trying to raise the trade value of Lee and Bass. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long.

i actually like lee, though consistency is an issue, but if this is what it takes to get a big guy - gortat? - in here (and it doesn't involve giving up sullinger) then it has to happen. gortat, garnett, pierce, bradley, rondo. green, terry, sullinger, wilcox, barbosa at least gives them a shot at making some headway in the playoffs, though they probably need another serviceable big guy as well. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Green doesn't really need to start. What Green needs is to play 30 minutes per game.

Right now the Celts are trying to raise the trade value of Lee and Bass. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long.

Agreed.  Green is not ready to start in place of Lee/Terry.  That is because Boston has to create its offense out of motion with and without the ball.  With Green and Pierce, the ball handling dies.  The offense has to be created by ball movement and that is vulnerable to bad passes and steals.

Doc has already shortened the guard rotation.  He now needs to give Green more minutes at 4.  Green finally played a complete game today.  I saw him read and react like never before.  We have to hope that he is starting to morph out of his shell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

i actually like lee, though consistency is an issue, but if this is what it takes to get a big guy - gortat? - in here (and it doesn't involve giving up sullinger) then it has to happen. gortat, garnett, pierce, bradley, rondo. green, terry, sullinger, wilcox, barbosa at least gives them a shot at making some headway in the playoffs, though they probably need another serviceable big guy as well. 

I also like Lee.

The problem is when Bradley returns, Lee is redundant.

that's true. and sullinger makes bass redundant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In place of Terry.

And Sullinger can take Bass' place.

You sir are 100% correct

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Its time to do it for one reason,  Green is starting to play really well.  He needs to play starter minutes. He needs to replace Bass in the starting lineup and Lee in place of Terry.  Lee and Rondo are small but they are very fast and quick which should get us some easy points. Terry could go where he is more comfortable which is off the bench.  Not sure why we are always trying to change guys from doing what is normal for them.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Never looked at it that way. Makes sense!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:

ive been saying this for a long time

Ditto!

I noticed something. They don't run plays for JT like they did for Allen. Remember how everything revolved around Allen...once he got going then it opened things up. I notice alot of offense going through PP and that's fine but PP is a turnover machine and him handling the ball so much really messes up the offense. PP forces a lot of shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green needs to play thirty or more minutes and be there at the end of a close game.  Especially when he has played well the whole game.  Terry had a bad night and nobody should be worried about him. He can play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green needs to play thirty or more minutes and be there at the end of a close game.  Especially when he has played well the whole game.  Terry had a bad night and nobody should be worried about him. He can play.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I don't know about JG starting but he is very good at the end of the game, e.g. last night's game.

AK

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Hi,

I don't know about JG starting but he is very good at the end of the game, e.g. last night's game.

AK

He's been good at a few of the games late... It's time to let the guy play !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

After this last week I think he should start and have PP come off the bench. PP has developed some very predictible and bad habits lately.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

pierce will not be vacating his starting slot any time soon. rondo isn't going anywhere. jason terry is the best option at back-up point only because they don't have one, but he is not that much better of an option than barbosa. perhaps bradley fills that role when he returns? Terry could absolutelynot start at point over any stretch or would get badly exposed. tghe majority of his minutes need to come at the two, where he will continue to be an asset to this team. doesn't matter whether green starts or not, though they really have no choice but to play him more minutes and see how it goes. maybe he'll start to develop some constency and stop disappearing for long stretches. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You are exactly right.

I don't think we are trying to raise those guys value.  Hell they have been in the league long enough for every team to know what they can do and how they do it.  Bass is a very good shooter and Lee is better than he has been and he hustles his butt off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Starting to wonder if I'm gonna have  to change my mind about the Perk trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I really think Doc likes bringing Green off the bench.  If we rest PP one game, start Green, see how it goes...........but I believe we got him to help the second unit.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts