It's time for Green to start

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: It's time for Green to start

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

Starting to wonder if I'm gonna have  to change my mind about the Perk trade.

If Green ends up becoming a very good player, then Ainge trading Perk for Green was the right move for the future.

Green is finally showing what he can do.  I have the feeling he will continue to produce.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

Starting to wonder if I'm gonna have  to change my mind about the Perk trade.

If Green ends up becoming a very good player, then Ainge trading Perk for Green was the right move for the future.

Green is finally showing what he can do.  I have the feeling he will continue to produce.

Keep posting on a regular basis. Don't care much whether I  agree with what you say.  You have the  best icon on BDC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I've been saying it over and over. Green either needs to start or have his minutes closer to 30 MPG off the bench. The guy is young and can score. Whether this means bringing Pierce off the bench or starting him at the 2 (if Green starts...not a fan of this though), something needs to happen. 

Green at 23 MPG is a waste. I also agree on Sully...get him in there over Bass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

testing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

30 minutes for Green is the key, starting is not....but I get the point. Sully is not ready to start folks...he's not ready mentally yet. But yeah, hopefully by halfway through the year he will be. 

As Fierce says getting Lee and Bass minutes makes sense for trading...if Green plays like this then we just might have enough pieces to get a really good big from some team that realizes they can't contend this year....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I'm not sure why you are so high on Green playing at the 2 position? Just because he is getting rebounds like Muggsy Bouges that doesn't mean he is capable of playing any guard position.

I'm not sure if he is good enough in ball handling and has the lateral mobility to play at the 2. If he hasn't we need Lee against taller guards in the playoffs. We can't go to the postseason with AB, Terry and Rondo as our backcourt. We will be exposed...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

I'm not sure why you are so high on Green playing at the 2 position? Just because he is getting rebounds like Muggsy Bouges that doesn't mean he is capable of playing any guard position.

I'm not sure if he is good enough in ball handling and has the lateral mobility to play at the 2. If he hasn't we need Lee against taller guards in the playoffs. We can't go to the postseason with AB, Terry and Rondo as our backcourt. We will be exposed...

Last night was a perfect example of the Celts facing a team with 2 big guards. Jrue is 6-4 while Evan Turner is 6-7. When Lee came in, he was guarding Jrue. Most of the time it was Pierce or Green on Turner.

AB is 6-3.

Lee is 6-5.

We all know AB can handle Wade.

But AB will not be able to bother Joe Johnson's jump shot. 

So just put Green on Joe Johnson.

Lee is nice to have. But if it means getting Gortat or Dalembert, then sacrificing Lee would be worth it.

Jeff Green doesn't need to play SG full-time. Just when needed. 

We've come a long way on AB haven't we!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

People need to remember that Green is the reason that Harden couldn't start in OKC. Green's play kept him on the bench and I think we're starting to see him get comfortable.

Personally I'm ready to start seeing PP's minutes go down or bring PP off the bench to make sure Green continues to develop. Doc is too loyal and will ride PP to the end.

I was happy to see Doc put PP at SG last night and went big for a few minutes. Anyway to keep Green on the court while his confidence is high is a priority.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Last night was a perfect example of the Celts facing a team with 2 big guards. Jrue is 6-4 while Evan Turner is 6-7. When Lee came in, he was guarding Jrue. Most of the time it was Pierce or Green on Turner.

AB is 6-3.

Lee is 6-5.

We all know AB can handle Wade.

But AB will not be able to bother Joe Johnson's jump shot. 

So just put Green on Joe Johnson.

Lee is nice to have. But if it means getting Gortat or Dalembert, then sacrificing Lee would be worth it.

Jeff Green doesn't need to play SG full-time. Just when needed. 

Green should be starting there is no doubt.  You don't have to keep him there if he can't cut it either.  He is getting baskets that are easy that Pierce can no longer get inside. Rondo will priortize him and he will get baskets when they run and on pick and rolls. Paul if he adjusts will get his three point shots more easily and less rushed.  

Gortat has to come or KG will go down before the season ends. They have to do something. Collins is useless and Wilcox is only good in spurts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

mixing to guard particular big guards is one thing, but of course green can't play the 2. first, he's 6 "9". there's a reason why there have been almost no one that height who has played the guard position. because you have to be super skilled and agile to do so. green is not suited for the 2 or the 4. given the celtics make-up there are times when he has to play with pierce, and this will continue, but even with garnett or wilcox on the court you're basically playing with a glorified power forward and two small forwards. the suggestion that pierce should play the 2 is equally silly. the guys is 35 years old and a step slow. at the top of his game he wouldn't have been able to stay with most 2s, let alone now. evan turner is essentially a 3 so he's a little different than most of the league, although Harden, Wade, Ginobilli, and Bryant are all bigger twos so it's not like it's a complete non-issue. paul george is another swing guy who is more of a small forward. again, specific cases where the match-ups might be an ongoing issue in a series might dictate some switching, but this is mostly an issue with rondo and terry on the court at the same time. and ven ethen terry is a vet who is very much used to guarding bigger players in prime time moments.   

the real issue is that the team is short at least one legit big guy, and would be stronger with two. all you want out of the second big guy is a twelfth man who can come in and play short minutes and use up some fouls. collins would fill that role if he was even vaguely serviceable. the big thing though is to obtain a legit starting center. then it's not so bad if wilcox and garnett fill the back-up center minutes. 

in terms of guards, the celtics can be okay with rondo, terry, AB, and barbosa. barbosa and terry are not true point guards, but rondo will play 40 minutes plus a night in the playoffs. AB is not a true pg either, but he might ultimately be the best option there to play the BU minutes when it counts. ideally, in place of barbosa you'd have a true back-up PG who can actually run the offense and distribute in a real way, but the plus side is there is some versatility to this back-court. Those questioning AB's ability to defende against bigger guards should take another look at him when he gets back. He can play any guard in the league. Joe Johnson at 6 "7" is a streak shooter who is a tough guard for anyone in the way that someone like Steve Smith was because rarely are guys that big as fluid with the ball, but Smith had a better game closer to the basket. Johnson's game is dependent on his shooting and if he's really on there's not much anyone can do. he'll also go 3-15 some nights (as evidenced by his 41% shooting this year). 

it doesn't matterv of green starts or not. it's just that he needs to play, more, consistent minutes - something that will happen if he keeps up his current play. he still needs to be more activein the glass, however. they need five or 6 a night from him. not 3. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I dont; agree, Green is not a two and cannot cover quick two's..he is a sf..or pf and should focus in that area...He is a strong sf and quick pf...but a two??I must be missing something..covering Wade, Ra, and guys like that???I just don't see it...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I dont; agree, Green is not a two and cannot cover quick two's..he is a sf..or pf and should focus in that area...He is a strong sf and quick pf...but a two??I must be missing something..covering Wade, Ra, and guys like that???I just don't see it...

You are missing something.

Green is a better defender than Jason Terry or Ray Allen. Green is plenty quick.

And then imagine small SG's trying to cover Green. Kobe plays the two and he's 6'9".

Watch what happens ever time we play Green and Pierce at SF and SG.

It works.

Agree with most of your post but need to correct you.  Kobe is 6'5" To 6'6, not 6'9".

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

THis shouldn't have to be explained, but just because jeff green has covered a two for shiort stints doesn't mean he is "playing the 2". he's not a guard. paul pierce is not a guard. they don't play that position and likely never will. it's very simple. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:

ive been saying this for a long time

Ditto!

I noticed something. They don't run plays for JT like they did for Allen. Remember how everything revolved around Allen...once he got going then it opened things up. I notice alot of offense going through PP and that's fine but PP is a turnover machine and him handling the ball so much really messes up the offense. PP forces a lot of shots.

To be fair, they all look like they're going in. Paul is a cold blooded sharpshooter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What needs to happen is Doc needs to pull a Pop. We need to find a back-to-back situtation where we can lean heavily on Paul & KG on the first game, and then give them the night off in the 2nd game. I want Jeff to play a few games at Rondo's minutes. I think Sullinger may not be "ready" but he is certainly fit to start and play long minutes in a few games here and there, maybe when Bradley comes back before a trade.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts