its time to blow this up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

its time to blow this up

this team isnt going anywhere,they gambled signing all these players and its not working.shouldnt of resigned garnett,or signed terry,lee,etc.,rebuild ,!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: its time to blow this up

Kirk 6 you nailed it. Perfectly. And we do have just enough tradebait to get a decent big I think. 

Ok dude please read Kirk 6's post ten times in a row.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kirk 6 you nailed it. Perfectly. And we do have just enough tradebait to get a decent big I think. 

Ok dude please read Kirk 6's post ten times in a row.

[/QUOTE]

Gortat would already be here if they had enough tradebait.   I think the poor play of Bass and Lee has really hurt that potential trade.  Lee has been better the last three games though.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is nothing to blow up except Pierce and Garnett, and they are playing well.

All we need is a center who can rebound and play defense.

That plus getting Bradley back.

[/QUOTE]

Garnett has played well in spurts. It pains me to watch him miss 2-footers in front of the rim simply because he no longer has the strength and lift to sky over rival centers and power forwards. He is also a shadow of the defender he once was and opposing players are exploiting this. Sadly, KG has been relegated to a jump shooter. IMO, he should seriously consider retirement at the end of this season. Pierce has also lost quickness and athleticism, but he remains the team's primary offensive threat. Nonetheless, if the Celtics end the season poorly, the team should take steps to free itself of Pierce's contract either by convincing him to retire or trading him. With KG's and PP's contracts off the books, the Celtics place themselves in a good position to acquire the services of marquee players and avoid rebuilding from scratch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

There is no rebuilding in the C's near future.  Major contracts come off the books in two more years at which time they will aquire a whole different look.  Right now they have many pieces that work but need a center.  With Bradley back as Kirk said it will help team defense and he has a consistant jump shot.

KG has legs left but he will not shine being the biggest guy in the lineup.  They need a big man!  We speculate Gortat but people think that boat has past since it hasn't happened yet.  I don't.  Why wouldn't Danny wait until January when he has more leverage because of other options and being able to use players that he just signed this year.

There are players out there that rebound that will be on the market ie. Gortat, Verijo (Cleveland is falling way out and will look to clear the books), some say Cousens from Sactown (9.5 rebounds a game, just suspended and falling out of favor) will come cheap for his talent but with baggage.  There is a deal to be made and Danny is looking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is nothing to blow up except Pierce and Garnett, and they are playing well.

All we need is a center who can rebound and play defense.

That plus getting Bradley back.

[/QUOTE]I thought Garnett stunk last night. What was he something like 6-22 from the floor? And his rebounding was almost non-existant. On the offensive boards he's usually about 20 feet from the basket and the kid Sanders ate him up on the defensive boards. Did he even get to the line last night? I just can't remember that happening. Does anyone have any confidence in the players surrounding Pierce, Garnett and Rondo? No 3 point shooters, nobody who can rebound, no back-up point guard and nobody who can take it to the hoop with any regularity to get you a basket. I've been saying "blow it up" since the loss to LA in the finals a couple of years ago. Now there is way less chance of getting a good deal out of what we have. The 1st order of business is rebounding. If we keep getting out-physicaled, we might not even be a .500 team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Dalembert.

probably the only real center the Celtics have any shot at.

they'd probably have to give up Lee or Terry aong with a draft pick or maybe Sullinger to make it happen.

And Dalembert is on his last year of his deal also.

I realy can't see a  Gortat or Varejo deal , as I don;t think the Celts have any parts that work for those teams.

Cousins.....I think he'll be playing in eurpoe or the dleague soon , unless he GROWS UP!!

real problem child there

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts