It's time to trade that Clippers draft pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

It's time to trade that Clippers draft pick

They will most likely make the playoffs and be one of the elite teams with Chris Paul. We were hoping that they wouldnt make the playoffs so we had a high draft pick. Who could we get or what deals could we make? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: It's time to trade that Clippers draft pick

The Clippers are going to regret trading away the Wolves 2012 pick.

Our pick from the Clippers will have much more value in the lead-up to the draft than it does now, but i'd probably rather use the pick. Lots of talent available, and watching promising talent develop is my favorite aspect of the nba. too bad doc probably won't play the prospect anyway.

http://nbadraft.net/players/brad-beal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Clippers will make the playoffs. The may even finish ahead of the lakers.  They are deep and really talented.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Sorry, all the Boston Talking Heads are wrong!  There is a big difference between Chris Paul and Rhondo.  Paul is dependable down the stretch and Rhondo not even close!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: It's time to trade that Clippers draft pick:
    In Response to Re: It's time to trade that Clippers draft pick : Unless CP tears up his knee from playing all those back to backs.
    Posted by Kirk6

I knew that you the Clippers luck in mind :-).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In Response to Re: It's time to trade that Clippers draft pick : Unless CP tears up his knee from playing all those back to backs.
    Posted by Kirk6

It's the clipprs' curse...Bill Simmons wrote a solid article about it a couple years ago. It's kind of like the Madden curse...hard to believe, but the history speaks for itself

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Doc plays rookies... if they're good enough to contribute. Gomes, Big Al, Big Baby, Rondo to name a few. It all depends on the rookie himself. Plus we know that Doc wants his players to play tough defense (reasonable, just like Jim O'brien), and play to their strengths (for the most part). No telling what condition this team will be in, come next year. A lot of it plays on chance. These guys coming into the league have to win game-time minutes, and they do that in practice. It's like when Ainge/fans was a bit upset with Doc for not giving Gerald Green enough minutes..... and where is Green today? I trust Doc's judgement. He was a very good Pro/college player, and a damn good coach, who spends a lot of time with these guys. What are your credentials to criticize his assessments? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Doc plays rookies... if they're good enough to contribute. Gomes, Big Al, Big Baby, Rondo to name a few. It all depends on the rookie himself. Plus we know that Doc wants his players to play tough defense (reasonable, just like Jim O'brien), and play to their strengths (for the most part). No telling what condition this team will be in, come next year. A lot of it plays on chance. These guys coming into the league have to win game-time minutes, and they do that in practice. It's like when Ainge/fans was a bit upset with Doc for not giving Gerald Green enough minutes..... and where is Green today? I trust Doc's judgement. He was a very good Pro/college player, and a damn good coach, who spends a lot of time with these guys. What are your credentials to criticize his assessments? 
    Posted by DrBoogiebone

He just signed up with the Lakers for another tryout.  Amazing how these guys hang around for a paycheck year-after-year.  We all should get as many chances in life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It is not time to trade the Clippers pick.  I honestly don't believe the Clips are a lock to even make the playoffs.  That pick may end up being just where we want it to be.

Griffin and Jordan are their only decent interior players (taller than 6'9") and Jordan is not a skilled offensive player.  They have no depth on the interior so they better not get into foul trouble or slightly twist an ankle.

They are overloaded at the SF and G positions.  With Paul, Billups, Mo Williams, Bledsoe and Foye, they will not have enough minutes in the game to satisfy them all. Also Foye, at 6'4" is the tallest of the guards.  Who will check Kobe (tall 2 guards) and who will check the SF?  Foye?  Billups?  Butler?  Gomes?

They will have to play alot of Butler at the 2 and Gomes at the 3 and I really don't think they are going to be all that productive.

They were the third worst team in the West last year and they have not gotten THAT MUCH better by adding Paul because they lost so much.  They probably WON'T make the playoffs so let's hope that pick falls around the 11th spot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Austin wouldn't see the light of day for the Celtics. Doc hates rookies, even his own son. Next year's draft is one of the deepest in years, and we will have two #1 picks!
    Posted by Kirk6

Kirk,
    Always like your comments, and respect your opinion....most of the time.  What happens if both Moore and JJJ play a lot this year?

Just asking!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Austin wouldn't see the light of day for the Celtics. Doc hates rookies, even his own son. Next year's draft is one of the deepest in years, and we will have two #1 picks!
    Posted by Kirk6

I have to agree with you.  Doc wouldn't even give his son playing time.  He never gives rookies a chance.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Clippers will make the playoffs. The may even finish ahead of the lakers.  They are deep and really talented.
    Posted by concord27

Agreed ! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: It's time to trade that Clippers draft pick : I have to agree with you.  Doc wouldn't even give his son playing time.  He never gives rookies a chance.  
    Posted by susan250

Specify, please - you give your examples and then I'll give mine - that is categorically untrue!!

Sections
Shortcuts