ITS TIME!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from j73401. Show j73401's posts

ITS TIME!

i think its time to start over,11  and 8 at home? i dont think garnett,allen,or pierce are going to do anything for this franchise anymore.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: ITS TIME!

Fierce,
    I agree with your basic premise. The problem is this team has serious injury problems.  If we make the changes the core of this team will be the same.

Keep in mind that Doc who talks of the importance of victories right now.  Did not play Garnett and the team who has little chance tonight gave away the game they needed to win and that was last night.  As I always say I hope I am wrong but this team does not have the core of a healthy team to win this year. Ray looked geriatric on the court last night and he is supposedly healthy.

Last night was a night when Danny most likely decided to hold back on any moves until the results of the road trip are in.

Doc does not seem to be able to merge the team that went on the winning streak with the guys like Ray who returned.   Dooling looks like a disaster by the way. My guess is he will get reinjured soon enough.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: ITS TIME!:
    In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : Almost every team is suffering from injuries. The Bulls, Hawks, Pacers, Bucks, and Cavs all have key players out indefinitely. We just need to make the playoffs with a tweaked roster. Once we're in, anything's possible. Remember, nobody thought the Mavs would beat the Lakers in the semis last year. Who would've thought the #8 Grizzlies would upset the #1 Spurs who won 60 games in the regular season. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I hope you are right.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : As long as Danny tweaks the roster we will have a chance.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The tweaking will take place with Rondo being the key piece in a deal for a relevant BIG. Rondo's value is about as high as it can ever be with career games during the last week. Bradley/Moore will take over the PG role and will keep the ball moving. Ball movement is key. Its gotten really old watching Ray run from side to side off of screens without hardly ever getting the ball or a shot. DEFENSE gets better with AB, while scoring gets better with EM and we move up to 3rd seed by playoff time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good post!

Tweaking the roster will not help. It is time to explore trade options, in an effort to obtain 2012 1st round draft picks.

With the above stated, I do not blame great NBA players for getting old. Father time catches up to all of us!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

When the Celtics are doing well, that is because they had a full team.  When the Celtics win or lose, that is because they are missing players.

Really, I would just leave the team alone.  By trading a player along a possible one or two draft pick for a center isnt going to make the team any better. Celtics are like two young talent players away from winning the NBA title. 

In someway, I rather to see the team to fail to make into the playoff at the same time to hope to get the top 5 lottery pick.  Reason I say that, the upcoming draft is going to be a good one.  Also Boston can try to trade their lottery pick along with their other first round pick to a team who have the top two picks (only if Boston failed to get the top 6 lottery pick).  Then Boston can use that pick that they traded for to get Drummond.   Drummond is a very talent player, and he is only 18 years old.  He may be a better option than trying to sign Howard.

After the draft picks, Boston can use the large chunk of money to sign a talent backcourt player such as D. Williams.

Imagine Boston got William, Drummond, Rondo along with Pierce, Bass, JJ, etc. Allen can be resign as a bench player. Let go Garnett/JO/others

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : The east is so bad the Celts will be in the playoffs by default. And Drummond said he will return for his sophomore year.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Not only if Uconn failed to get the waiver from the NCAA to participate in the NCAA tourney of 2013.  There will be alot of decisions to be made by these Uconn  players after this season!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this separately...good copy & paste here, I think !!!

Rondo is a fantastic athlete & I believe he would have excelled at tennis, soccer etc. and could win a decathlon. No question he was amazing the past 2 games scoring 31 and 35 points. Yet there have been various Rondo bashing posts.  Even last night there were complaints that in the last few minutes he couldn’t score.  Had Rondo got another 5 points or so for 40+, we still would have lost.  In the 1st 3qtrs except for a couple  of non driving to the basket shots, he amazingly like AVATAR scored on layups. He’s as good as any PG driving to the basket also as good as any in finding an open man. He’s probably the best rebounding PG !!!  But in the crunch time last few minutes of a close game the defenders dare him to shoot from outside leaving him open. With an extra defender, Pierce and Allen were thus double teamed frequently.

If we weren't so desperate for a big man, I doubt there would be Rondo trade talks and I do not believe anybody is talking about a simple trade of PGs. If we were,   I wouldn't let him go unless it were Rose, Monta Ellis, Paul, Deron Williams and maybe Lin etc. !!!  Unfortunately he is our most valuable commodity for trade bait to obtain a vitally needed premier big man, Gasol, Gortat or Kaman. If there was anyway to get even Kaman, who I feel is the 3rd best of the aforementioned three, by trading Ray Allen, and I’ve loved him, JO, some others and draft picks and to keep Rondo I would love this. But if not, we’d need use Bradley/Moore etc. as PGs until we could pick one up in the draft. I do not know if we would have won if KG were in this game but our defense would definitely have been better but we need someone, not JO, in addition to KG if we are to go deep in the playoffs this year.

PS…I live in SF Bay area & go to GS Warrior games & watch on TV. Was enjoyable after Celtics game watching our old friend 5’9", hmmm, he’s only 27, Nate Robinson, who is playing for the veteran's minimum score 21 points in only 21 minutes.  He has been invaluable coming off the bench. Maybe because they have super star Monta Ellis demanding more attention that Nate gets open looks but I’d been happy to see him on Boston’s bench these days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I dont think DA will do anything. He'll let this play out and clear the decks for 2013. This team isn't one or two "tweaks" away right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : I saw the UConn vs. Syracuse game on TV. Fab Melo looked more impressive than Drummond.
    Posted by Fiercest34

All Syracuse do is to play zone defense, and all Melo do is stand in the paint area to block shot.  Drummond had 13 points in that game compare to Melo only had 8 points. Melo normally never make more than 12 footer shots in all year along until he made three of them against Uconn.  Jim Boeheim stated that Cuse played their best offense in all year along against Uconn.  

Anyway, Melo is three years older than Drummond.  I think Melo is just like Hibbert of Indiana Pacers and a little bit of Bynum and Thabeet.  Drummond is more like of Howard of Magic.  I have not seen Melo tried making a hook shot or go one and one against a big man other than drunking the ball in all year along. Drummond had alot of touches this year, he can score points anywhere within 10 foot from the basket.  

Seriously, I would take Drummond.  I know Davis of Kentucky is projected to be the #1 over-all pick, and I havent seen much of him.  If one of the day, if I watch him to play with two other talent frontcourt players, I can judge on who is a better player.  For now, I would take Drummond.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

r u people serious if every team is at full strength we dont ave a shot at beating any of the top four teams and even if we win one roujnd we r not winning championship so blow it up at the trade deadline and get some cash and draft picks and maybe a young piece and try for the next big three

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

I like this Boston team! Great work Danny, pity some Celtic fans don't have faith.
    Let the good times roll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I like this Boston team! Great work Danny, pity some Celtic fans don't have faith. Let the good times roll.
    Posted by Elven 32

the team isnt great, but bass and garnett mean alot to the team and they were out last night....that played a huge role in that loss 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I've been saying the same thing for a month now.  Trade Ray Allen, for young guys with upside or a draft pick he has a little value to teams looking for a 2 to push them over the hump.  Then play out the year and let Garnett walk.

This years team has no shot.  That doesn't mean I don't love watching them and root for them, it's just the truth.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

agreed. it's time. gotta make the right moves though. and, as some have said, not making any moves may just be the right move.

now i'm not saying that if you have chances to move old parts for young parts or draft picks, you don't do it. you definitely do. but you don't mortgage the future in any way to try and put a bandaid on this season. danny has done a good job in clearing cap space starting next year. i doubt he'd throw all of that away on bandaids like kaman.

be patient. take the deals that present themselves. but don't throw away our biggest asset: cap space.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

agreed. it's time. gotta make the right moves though. and, as some have said, not making any moves may just be the right move. now i'm not saying that if you have chances to move old parts for young parts or draft picks, you don't do it. you definitely do. but you don't mortgage the future in any way to try and put a bandaid on this season. danny has done a good job in clearing cap space starting next year. i doubt he'd throw all of that away on bandaids like kaman. be patient. take the deals that present themselves. but don't throw away our biggest asset: cap space.
    Posted by kaktug

Agreed... Joe Dumars was supposed to be the smartest guy in the league because he was able to combine two Wallaces, Billups, Prince, and Hamilton... then when push came to shove he threw away the cap space with Gordon and Charlie V and have su cked ever since and are still rebuilding.... funny how the Pistons view last night as a good victory... what they should be doing is losing games against the Cs on the road like last night and then losing at home in a few days against the Cs so they can add another chip... otherwise they are stuck in the mediocrity the Cs are about to enter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It goes to show, you can build a winner once, but the encore is a different story..
    This is where Danny really earns his money...its not about just putting together good players...spotting and developing talent,  chemistry, winning attitudes, and injuries all play a vital role. Portland has been trying to climb the same ladder in the West.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

It goes to show, you can build a winner once, but the encore is a different story.. This is where Danny really earns his money...its not about just putting together good players...spotting and developing talent,  chemistry, winning attitudes, and injuries all play a vital role. Portland has been trying to climb the same ladder in the West.
    Posted by Ortiz123

Has Danny shown some sort of "developing talent"?  He has routinely left much and many better players on the board year after year.... the guy he traded to NJ (Marshon Brooks) is much better than either of the players he kept in the draft.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : Has Danny shown some sort of "developing talent"?  He has routinely left much and many better players on the board year after year.... the guy he traded to NJ (Marshon Brooks) is much better than either of the players he kept in the draft.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

i'll be willing to say that (or not) in a couple of years, but not 25-30 games into a shortened season. that's the same attitude that saw us bail on guys like wallace, billups and j. johnson.

Sections
Shortcuts