ITS TIME!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: ITS TIME!

In Response to Re: ITS TIME!:
    [QUOTE]I've been saying the same thing for a month now.  Trade Ray Allen, for young guys with upside or a draft pick he has a little value to teams looking for a 2 to push them over the hump.  Then play out the year and let Garnett walk. This years team has no shot.  That doesn't mean I don't love watching them and root for them, it's just the truth.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    The truth hurts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : Agreed... Joe Dumars was supposed to be the smartest guy in the league because he was able to combine two Wallaces, Billups, Prince, and Hamilton... then when push came to shove he threw away the cap space with Gordon and Charlie V and have su cked ever since and are still rebuilding.... funny how the Pistons view last night as a good victory... what they should be doing is losing games against the Cs on the road like last night and then losing at home in a few days against the Cs so they can add another chip... otherwise they are stuck in the mediocrity the Cs are about to enter.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Remember how you used to drool about how good Darko was when Dumars drafted him.  You know a top ten pick, so much better than all the C's . Ah the memories.  Especially since your alway right, smart, brilliant, and all that.  Still LMAO

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Keep losing, Doc. We need a lottery draft pick. We have two first round draft picks this year and two max free agent contracts in the off season.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

We can sign 2 max free agents if we get rid of Bass. If we keep Bass we can only sign 1 max free agent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Keep losing, Doc. We need a lottery draft pick. We have two first round draft picks this year and two max free agent contracts in the off season.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    x2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

There's nothing much DA can do to improve the roster. Nobody wants our old guys and DA won't take-in any long term contracts. Let's not have unreasonable expectations for the remainder of this season. JUst cheer on this team and hope for the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Like I said preseason, Celts make the playoffs, dont do much else... ITs not injuries this year, its the players just cant do it consistently... Gets worse and worse sa time goes by. 

Remember earlier this season, JON had his one good game and many were praising how much he can help the Celts....I said then, you wont see another game like that for a long time.. We're still waiting...

Pierce in the same boat... only Ray seems to still have his shooting eye so far.. but the rest of his game slipped away..

We've got some decent bench players, maybe can be developed but if your starting 5 isnt good enough, the bench doesnt mean much.

Doc so inconsistent with the minutes for his young players...

Rondo routinely goes into hibernation in the 4th qtr..

Plenty of contenders would love to pick up Ray, PP and even KG. I dont know the economics etc, but strictly on building the C's back up... Id reluctently let them go and pick up draft choices or whatever.

Danny has to show an eye for talent and chemistry... since the Big3 trade, he hasnt imo.   He also needs a better bedside manner with the players... ging public about trades and disrupting confidence and chemistry is bad imo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said preseason, Celts make the playoffs, dont do much else... ITs not injuries this year, its the players just cant do it consistently... Gets worse and worse sa time goes by.  Remember earlier this season, JON had his one good game and many were praising how much he can help the Celts....I said then, you wont see another game like that for a long time.. We're still waiting... Pierce in the same boat... only Ray seems to still have his shooting eye so far.. but the rest of his game slipped away.. We've got some decent bench players, maybe can be developed but if your starting 5 isnt good enough, the bench doesnt mean much. Doc so inconsistent with the minutes for his young players... Rondo routinely goes into hibernation in the 4th qtr.. Plenty of contenders would love to pick up Ray, PP and even KG. I dont know the economics etc, but strictly on building the C's back up... Id reluctently let them go and pick up draft choices or whatever. Danny has to show an eye for talent and chemistry... since the Big3 trade, he hasnt imo.   He also needs a better bedside manner with the players... ging public about trades and disrupting confidence and chemistry is bad imo.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    This team as you say cannot consistently right its ship.  They are old and other than Rondo do not have an athlete at the top of his game playing real minutes.  Rondo the athlete is also not complete as a player ad nauseum. Night after night game after game they put forth an effort only to see it broken by what looks like fatigue.  Rebounding kills them and nothing can be down because they can't rebound with this starting team at all.  Age, age, age and more age have done us in. It was a great ride and without big changes we cannot improve. With all the road games to come we will get a good deal worse record in fact.  Sending Ray elsewhere at a minimum if someone will give us something of value is a must.  My belief is no one gives much of anything for him right now. If we see his age and limitations competing teams see it as well.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Let's be realistic here.  This Celtics team, by its play on the court, will not make the playoffs.  We will be the 8th seed by the end of the weekend with Milwaukee closing fast.  NY will pass us by the end of the weekend and into the 7th seed.

It's funny when some posters say "we will make the playoffs by default because the Eastern Conference is so bad".  We are one of those bad teams and that is what teams like Milwaukee and Cleveland are thinking right now.  THEY believe they have a chance to make the playoffs this season for that very reason and THEY DO!

It's going to be tough securing a win on Sunday in Detroit and we follow that up with Dallas (back-to-back on Monday) and OKC.  We could be in the midst of a 5 game losing streak.  We might have surrendered the 8th seed by next weekend.

Sunday's game will test the mental toughness of this team to grind out a road win against an inferior team (record-wise only).  So far, we have shown no mental toughness.  And after seeing KG grimace last night, I would not be surprised if we shut him down for a couple games.

The headline of the thread is "ITS TIME".  It's time for what?  IMO, it's time for ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and ACCEPTANCE.  The first step is to acknowledge what you are.  We are a bad team right now, possibly not even a playoff one.  No "tweak" will change that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, think about what we're saying-actually you said it ("....we would still be able to hold onto the 8th seed").  It's embarrassing to acknowledge that securing that 8th seed looks promising primarily because Varejao (Cleveland) and Bogut (Milwaukee) are injured and out indefinitely.  WE ARE THE BOSTON CELTICS.  How the mighty have fallen.

Honestly, DON'T COUNT ME IN THAT THINKING.  I don't want to get an 8th seed only to get swept off by Chicago or Miami.  I'd much rather have Bogut and Varejao return healthy and let the chips fall where they may.  If we're not good enough to beat an "at full strength" Bucks or Cavs team, then we don't deserve that 8th seed anyway.

I'll take the lottery and a return next season with a new outlook.

Just think how exciting this board will be in June with all the speculation about our two high draft choices and the cache of money available to the Celtics.  We'd be posting about all the rumors of teams offering US players in exchange for OUR DRAFT PICKS.  Think how much fun that would be.  I would forget all about this mediocre season and missing the playoffs.  I'll take that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, think about what we're saying-actually you said it (" ....we would still be able to hold onto the 8th seed ").  It's embarrassing to acknowledge that securing that 8th seed looks promising primarily because Varejao (Cleveland) and Bogut (Milwaukee) are injured and out indefinitely.  WE ARE THE BOSTON CELTICS.  How the mighty have fallen. Honestly, DON'T COUNT ME IN THAT THINKING.  I don't want to get an 8th seed only to get swept off by Chicago or Miami.  I'd much rather have Bogut and Varejao return healthy and let the chips fall where they may.  If we're not good enough to beat an "at full strength" Bucks or Cavs team, then we don't deserve that 8th seed anyway. I'll take the lottery and a return next season with a new outlook. Just think how exciting this board will be in June with all the speculation about our two high draft choices and the cache of money available to the Celtics.  We'd be posting about all the rumors of teams offering US players in exchange for OUR DRAFT PICKS.  Think how much fun that would be.  I would forget all about this mediocre season and missing the playoffs.  I'll take that.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

10 Tommy Points!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]I like this Boston team! Great work Danny, pity some Celtic fans don't have faith. Let the good times roll.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Now I understand why you wear a dunce hat...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, think about what we're saying-actually you said it (" ....we would still be able to hold onto the 8th seed ").  It's embarrassing to acknowledge that securing that 8th seed looks promising primarily because Varejao (Cleveland) and Bogut (Milwaukee) are injured and out indefinitely.  WE ARE THE BOSTON CELTICS.  How the mighty have fallen. Honestly, DON'T COUNT ME IN THAT THINKING.  I don't want to get an 8th seed only to get swept off by Chicago or Miami.  I'd much rather have Bogut and Varejao return healthy and let the chips fall where they may.  If we're not good enough to beat an "at full strength" Bucks or Cavs team, then we don't deserve that 8th seed anyway. I'll take the lottery and a return next season with a new outlook. Just think how exciting this board will be in June with all the speculation about our two high draft choices and the cache of money available to the Celtics.  We'd be posting about all the rumors of teams offering US players in exchange for OUR DRAFT PICKS.  Think how much fun that would be.  I would forget all about this mediocre season and missing the playoffs.  I'll take that.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Another 10 Tommy points......

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think he should blow it up Fierce

What about a deal that gets us a top 10, or even better top 5 pick for Rondo AND all the cap space needed for DWill and Dwight?

Rondo and Bass to New Orleans for Kaman, Aminu and the Hornets 1st rd pick?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : The only we don't get into the playoffs is if Ainge blows up the team. KG, Pierce, and Ray have too much pride to tank. This Celts team, as is, will make the playoffs.  I agree that it's better if we didn't make the playoffs this year so that we could get a lottery pick. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The only way they don't make it to the playoffs is if Ainge blows up the team?

They have beaten 4 +500 teams, 2 against Orlando when Orlando was in their funk - they certainly could not beat Orlando now, they beat Indy, and they beat the Bulls without Rose...... the lost to Cle, Toronto, Detroit, etc....

They have played two thirds of their games at home and are going out on the road to play actual good teams.......  they are barely above 500 at home, they are  under 500 on the road, they have a higher winning percentage without thier point guard than with him though he continues to pout that even though he missed a third of the season and they have only won about 40% of the games he has played in and their one and only winning streak occurred while he was hurt........ yeah I guess the only chance they have of not getting into the playoffs is if Danny blows it up.....   well or they can just play their games and lost most of them........... they will come home from the road trip under 500 and the only way they miss the playoffs is if Danny blows it up?  I think they can do it quite easily without Danny doing anything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Dallas would need to dump Shawn Marion for an expiring contract, seriously hurting their chances to repeat and even then they'd be at 31.5 million for '13, so 26.5 million under the cap... with only Dirk, Haywood (same position as Howard) and Beaubois (same position as Deron) under contract and NO 1st rd picks. Both guys would have to take less than the max if they wanted to play together in Dallas.

Yes Dirk is better than Pierce, and yes Avery basically plays the same position as Deron like Beaubois... but...

we'd have THREE 1st rd picks, one in the top 7 (NO) and 1 in that 12-17 range (ours) none of which would sign until AFTER free agency.

Aminu and Johnson would be here as well, costing all of 4 million, age 22-23, long run and gun guys Williams would enjoy feeding on the break.

Then there is still the possibility that we can move Ray for an expiring contract and another young player making less than 3 million or maybe a '13 1st rd pick.

That is 25-27 million... so an extra 2-3 million each for Williams and Howard

C - Howard
    PF - Johnson
    SF - Aminu
    SG - Pierce
    PG - Williams

then you add a PF like in the draft like Sullinger/Moultrie/Thomas Robinson or a wing like Lamb/Barnes who can play right away... a guard like Rivers or Lamb who can handle some point and score off the bench w/ our pick, guard 2's while Avery guards PG's and then you use the pick in the 20's and the MLE to get your backup center and either PF or wing depending on where you go w/ the NO high lotto pick.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes but I don't think that will matter in July, when the options are laid out.

If both make it to free agency, why would they choose to sign deals at 65 million to play with Dirk, Haywood, Beaubois, an MLE signing and vet min guys over getting 75 million to play with Pierce, Johnson, Bradley, an MLE signing and 3-4 draft picks including 1 in the top 7?

It won't matter if they are both extended and traded in the next 3 weeks of course.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You could still try and win this year, do a deal with Phoenix that looks like:

Rondo, Bass, Stiemsma and Moore to Phoenix for Nash and Gortat

Take advantage of Dallas being desperate to dump Marion and trade JON, Daniels and the Clippers pick for him.

Playoff rotation:

C - Gortat, Wilcox
    PF - KG, Johnson, Marion
    SF - Pierce, Marion
    SG - Ray, Pietrus, Dooling
    PG - Nash, Dooling, Avery

still some wiggle room at the deadline with either Dooling/Sasha (if we get a guard back) or Wilcox (big man back) and our other 1st rd pick for a guy making 4 million or less

Then we've still got 22 million in cap space

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : From the reports I've read, Cuban's plan is to trade Marion then amnesty Haywood.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ah yes the amnesty

Forgot that one

Well we can help them by trading for Marion:-)

Sections
Shortcuts