ITS TIME!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: ITS TIME!

I posted this elsewhere but many before me on this post recommend trading Ray Allen & I agree. I will miss looking at his pretty Mother. I'm a septuagenarian so she's still a young woman to me. Too much seriousness on many of these posts so I felt like adding some levity.

Even though LA & Celtics are both not going to win championships this year, the better of the 2 teams are the Lakers. They need a PG and we need a Biggie. Which is bigger need ? Ours !!! They beat us in 7 games because Perkins was out, there was an egregious difference in foul shots, and despite their shooting 32% and Kobe 25% (6/24) and us shooting 40%, they beat us in rebounds. They still have Kobe & 2 biggies, Bynum & Gasol and missing Odom and Artest & Fisher both older and a bunch of mediocre others, Kobe and Bynum & Gasol winning rebound battles can put up more shots missed by their mediocre players.

We, on the other hand, are much more in need of making our jump shots because lacking rebounds we don't get the extra shots. So, in short, having a very good big man(men) is more valuable than having good PGs. So, we live with what we have & hope to trade or draft to build in the future or if we can dupe someone into taking Ray Allen, and I've liked him, and JO and others and a draft pick, for Gortat or Kaman, do it. I do not believe we can get Gasol unless we give up Rondo and you know, I'd like to keep him as I don't know if we can win a championship with Gasol and without a good PG. Gasol too, older, is good for 1-2 more years. Rondo, as good as any driving to the basket, finding an open man & the best PG rebounder, despite not a terrific outside shooter & foul shots, is worth a keep.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

There will be no trades that will put is in the top half of the east.  Why settle for a 1st or 2nd round exit?  This team can not win it all without a major overhaul of the roster!!!!!!  Howard, Williams and Gasoft is not coming to Boston via trade or free agency!!!  Move on!!!!  Face reality!!!  This is not our season.  Regroup and come back for 2012-2013!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Ray Allen for mo Williams is a good trade, and I think it could get done. I saw on hoopshype where minny said they don't realistically think they can get gasol, but they will try to get a veteran SG. C's could potentially get a lot of good young talent from minny in exchange for ray and maybe bass. Ray and bass for Beasley, Randolph, Wes Johnson, and Ridnour could give C's a much needed influx of youth and athleticism

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I was hoping the C's could just trade either rondo or Allen to be competitive this year, but now I think it's gonna require trading both. Rondo brings back the most value in a trade, and trading Allen is almost a must because he is too limited a player at his age

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: ITS TIME!":
    In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : Those players will only make us the next Minnesota Timberwolves. We need game changers. If we can't get players like Pau Gasol or Chris Kaman then the Celts are better off doing nothing.  The Hornets are just posturing, I think they're aiming for the #1 pick in the 2012 draft. Chris Kaman can be had for JO, other players, and a draft pick.  Pau Gasol is available. The Lakers are not going to keep his contract. Everybody knows the Lakers are not winning a championship this year or next year. So why continue to pay Gasol 19m per year?  Including luxury tax, Gasol will cost the Lakers 38m. Posted by Fiercest34
    I agree with you 100%. Gasol is my first choice in a deal for rondo. A close 2nd would be a Nash/Gortat combo. The Allen proposal is just a second step of an in-season C's rebuild. I like the deal because Ridnour is a capable pg. Johnson and Randolph are athletic players with good size for their positions. Beasley, is a very smooth athletic scorer that could give the C's bench a much needed lift. Beasley could even start for the C's at the SF. All of these players except maybe Ridnour help the C's matchup with the more athletic teams like the Heat

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: ITS TIME!:
    In Response to Re: ITS TIME! : Both Deron and DH don't have Boston on their radar.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Exactly... the best young stars in the game will make all the money the world has to offer and they have set their sights on Boston because there is.... ummmm.... zero talent on the roster........  yeah that makes lots of sense.....  the young stars want to play with young stars and they want a chance to win multiple championships and there is nothing at all on the roster that gets them anywhere close to winning a title..... duh...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Like I said preseason, Celts make the playoffs, dont do much else... ITs not injuries this year, its the players just cant do it consistently... Gets worse and worse sa time goes by.  Remember earlier this season, JON had his one good game and many were praising how much he can help the Celts....I said then, you wont see another game like that for a long time.. We're still waiting... Pierce in the same boat... only Ray seems to still have his shooting eye so far.. but the rest of his game slipped away.. We've got some decent bench players, maybe can be developed but if your starting 5 isnt good enough, the bench doesnt mean much. Doc so inconsistent with the minutes for his young players... Rondo routinely goes into hibernation in the 4th qtr.. Plenty of contenders would love to pick up Ray, PP and even KG. I dont know the economics etc, but strictly on building the C's back up... Id reluctently let them go and pick up draft choices or whatever. Danny has to show an eye for talent and chemistry... since the Big3 trade, he hasnt imo.   He also needs a better bedside manner with the players... ging public about trades and disrupting confidence and chemistry is bad imo.
    Posted by Karllost

spot on. and in the playoffs when the intensity picks up it gets worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: ITS TIME!": I agree with you 100%. Gasol is my first choice in a deal for rondo. A close 2nd would be a Nash/Gortat combo. The Allen proposal is just a second step of an in-season C's rebuild. I like the deal because Ridnour is a capable pg. Johnson and Randolph are athletic players with good size for their positions. Beasley, is a very smooth athletic scorer that could give the C's bench a much needed lift. Beasley could even start for the C's at the SF. All of these players except maybe Ridnour help the C's matchup with the more athletic teams like the Heat
    Posted by Accension13

How bout a 3 way with Gallama going to CLE, Rondo to LAL, and Andy Verajoa coming to BOS.  His rebounding and D could put this year's Celtics back into the conversation. They would stop getting killed on the boards, which has been  the team's fatal flaw without Perk.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

r u people serious if every team is at full strength we dont ave a shot at beating any of the top four teams and even if we win one roujnd we r not winning championship so blow it up at the trade deadline and get some cash and draft picks and maybe a young piece and try for the next big three
    Posted by dblock33644

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Verajao I think is out until late season, "indefinately"  implies forever or unkown return date. Verajao is the Dennis Rodman of the current NBA; put him next to KG and CPP (I think Paul would start to be Paul next to AndyV), Bradley, and put Pietrus in for Ray, and you have a unit that can hold Championship teams to 80 points a game. I think BOS and CLE would rather have AndyV than Gallama but CLE might do this 3-way to stay in the conversation; without AndyV for most of the rest of the season, they drop out.  Also, if CLE does this trade they get a max contract scorer and can hope to attract another max contract guy next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Here is some interesting reading on the subject thread

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/19/2809100/blowing-up-is-hard-to-do?ref=yahoo

Sections
Shortcuts