It's time!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

It's time!

Time to let Pierce and Garnett come off the bench, bring up Melo and start him with Greene, Sully, RR and AB. If Greene doesn't perform as a starter with decent minutes trade him if you can.  Same for Bass as a bench player.  Terry's numbers are terrible and I would move him too! We need young legs and support players that can make at least somewhere near 45-50% of their open looks! I for one am tired of all of Doc's and the other's excuses. This team is embarrassing right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Re: It's time!

Not going to happen... 

Pierce needs to come off the bench for sure.. He's front rimming EVERYTHING. Garnett no longer has the legs to be the staple on D he once was. But he's better than what he have.

The games just seem to take a turn for the better when the 2nd unit comes in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

Probably not but it should. I'm from upstate NY and follow Syracuse closely and I've seen Melo play a lot. He can block, rebound and get put-backs. He and Sully are better than Garnett and Bass IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ummm...no. 

And I'll tell you exactly why. 

Because there is not a dominant team in the east right now. Yes Miami with an edge but they have their issues as well. 

There's no reason not to push for the playoffs for a few more weeks, potentially make a deadline trade or two, etc. At that point if the Celts are terrible you can look at other scenarios. It's a long season, no need to wave the white flag as you propose. 

And you are not going to see Melo this year. What is this obsession with bringing up a guy who is not ready. These are not robots, they are guys who are developing and take time to mature. Let go of Melo, he's in development. 

As for the rest, give it a month. Then it may be time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Terry's numbers are terrible and I would move him too! "

p.s. yeah that's great, trade people when their stock is at an all time low. Works reallly well, you get really good stuff in return

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Ummm...no. 

And I'll tell you exactly why. 

Because there is not a dominant team in the east right now. Yes Miami with an edge but they have their issues as well. 

There's no reason not to push for the playoffs for a few more weeks, potentially make a deadline trade or two, etc. At that point if the Celts are terrible you can look at other scenarios. It's a long season, no need to wave the white flag as you propose. 

And you are not going to see Melo this year. What is this obsession with bringing up a guy who is not ready. These are not robots, they are guys who are developing and take time to mature. Let go of Melo, he's in development. 

As for the rest, give it a month. Then it may be time...

i agree it doesnt look good right now but theres no reason to completely give up this early esp with how bad the east is maybe we get a nice deal done around the deadline and see where its at

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

p.s. yeah that's great, trade people when their stock is at an all time low. Works reallly well, you get really good stuff in return

Trouble is when he's making some shots no one wants to trade him. You have to suck it up and admit that you've made a bad move and simply move on. That's what happens when you make a bad draft or trade and have to cut your losses. You could get a good return for Jamal Crawford right now but who in their right mind would trade him now? On the other hand if he was shooting like Terry he'd be expendable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mikekane3334's comment:

Trouble is when he's making some shots no one wants to trade him. You have to suck it up and admit that you've made a bad move and simply move on. That's what happens when you make a bad draft or trade and have to cut your losses. You could get a good return for Jamal Crawford right now but who in their right mind would trade him now? On the other hand if he was shooting like Terry he'd be expendable.

It does not even a matter if their stock is low. Bass, Terry, and Green are all overpaid.    No team is going to run and pick up their contracts.  It will require giving something of value and sticking them in a trade. Unless it is a bad contract for another bad contract. Who would want a bench player like Bass for 6 and a half million per for three years?  Who wants Terry when he seems so off for three years at five million per. You get the idea, it comes down to low paid young talent.  And we don't want to give them up.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts