It's Time

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: It's Time

i'm sure danny will rush right out and do that just b/c you said so

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I don't think the Celts have lost 5 straight since KG became a Celtic.

Time to move on.

Pierce for a lottery pick.

The problem is no lottery team will want an old Paul Pierce. They want young players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

fierce, isn't this thread a "complain" thread?  maybe change your avatar since you're stabbing him in the back?  i'm not averse to trading pierce but it's not the top thing that needs to be done on the list of things this season

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Please get Bass and Terry out of here. They aren't doing anything!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

In response to jamesandersonwho's comment:

I don't think the Celts have lost 5 straight since KG became a Celtic.

Time to move on.

Pierce for a lottery pick.

The problem is no lottery team will want an old Paul Pierce. They want young players.

Danny should get on the phone right now then to Presti!

OKC has a lottery pick from the Raptors.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Get a big or or trade some of the untouchables (or get rid of Doc, lol.  DA & Doc are too tight for that to occur).

This team, as it stands, is going nowhere.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

fierce, isn't this thread a "complain" thread?  maybe change your avatar since you're stabbing him in the back?  i'm not averse to trading pierce but it's not the top thing that needs to be done on the list of things this season

This is not a complain thread. It's about being realistic. 

You really think the Celtics will go higher than the 7th seed even if they improve?

It's too late, acie, the Celts had their chance to upgrade in December and last Jan. 15.

What's the use of going into the playoffs as the 8th or 7th seed and just getting eliminated in the 1st round?

And in case you didn't notice, KG and Pierce don't have it anymore.

I don't know if Pierce will be wanted as you say.  I do agree with what you are saying about our chances.  The fact is that we did not have a chance to improve the team on Dec 15 of Jan 15.  We have players to trade that nobody wants.  Bass, Terry, and Green have not improved their status in that time. Lee looks like he has helped himself.

I predict no trades of consequence.  Junk for Junk most likely.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

This is not a complain thread. It's about being realistic. 

You really think the Celtics will go higher than the 7th seed even if they improve?

It's too late, acie, the Celts had their chance to upgrade in December and last Jan. 15.

What's the use of going into the playoffs as the 8th or 7th seed and just getting eliminated in the 1st round?

And in case you didn't notice, KG and Pierce don't have it anymore.

i don't disagree.  the problem is they are LEAGUE TRASH due to their excessive paychecks.  the new CB is not very forgiving for over-booking your aged talent hired for down-the-stretch-help......  not any more.

if you want to put some new juice into this team you have to ditch rivers, the anti-coach- that's the easiest piece to replace.  try to foll up bass, terry, lee, green and trade them away since doc has ruined them.  i'd shop green extra hard as i think on his best day he has "desire" problems.

kg can be bought out after year's end and pierce can be dealt with later.  you can't fix this mess on the run by ditching the oldvets.  you have to get a big and get the pieces around them INTO THE GAME both physically and mentally- both of which do not happen regularly if ever under rivers

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

After ToNight I Think A Trade Is Coming Soon, Its Time.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Fierce other teams aren't ready to trade yet just because you've seen enough. You have to wait till more teams see the writing on the wall (or see the missing piece they need to contend).

This will heat up right before the trading deadline but not until then....but yeah, Pierce will certainly be shopped to contending teams....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

acie

There are teams in need of bench help. The Grizz were able to dump Speights' contract to Cleveland when the Grizz sweetened the deal by also sending a 1st round pick to the Cavs.

Let's just wait for Ainge's move. 

It's very unlikely that Bass will still be a Celtic after the trade deadline.

bass has TWO more years at 6 million and he's playing like a 2 dollar bimbo...  good luckwith that.  1-3 tonight and a few naps taken in 20 minutes

if we MAUL our chances at rebuilding now by puking out our future draft picks, you know, the ones that might be good- we just couldn't get any stupider than that......  honestly

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

but again- which screwed up piece is NOT on the salary cap?  which piece is CAUSING the most problems?  why you don't even need a trade to be rid of him!!!  teams that have been FREED from the tyranny of an incompetent coach (incompetence = same downtrodden effects as tyranny in pro, college ball) they will spring back. 

i'm for minimalist maneuvers with big moves to come in the off season like dump pierce and rondo.  they told the fans in BOS we're going to "try to win it one more time" and nobody on this team is trying.  that's a C O A C H problem.

in case you didn't notice, kg and pierce and many others are mentally fatigued as well as physically....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It would be a start but no lottery team would make that trade. I agree that this team is done, they reached their peak years ago and its been a slow decline since, though its become rapid this year. Unlike the NFL its tough to rebuild a team in the NBA, a lot of it comes down to luck, the Celtics have been in position to have the number one or two pick a couple of times and lost out in the lottery. They could have had Duncan and  Durant but were unlucky. They need a young star to build around, Durant would have been the guy. 

If they don't make some moves this decline will continue and eventually they will find themselves with a top lottery pick.

Sections
Shortcuts