It's Time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: It's Time

This is the most humble I have ever read from Fierce. No hahahahah. No nothing. No Laker putdowns. He must be really down about this Celtic mess. Welcome to the club. ONly difference the Laker situation is more temporary.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

It would be a start but no lottery team would make that trade. I agree that this team is done, they reached their peak years ago and its been a slow decline since, though its become rapid this year. Unlike the NFL its tough to rebuild a team in the NBA, a lot of it comes down to luck, the Celtics have been in position to have the number one or two pick a couple of times and lost out in the lottery. They could have had Duncan and  Durant but were unlucky. They need a young star to build around, Durant would have been the guy. 

If they don't make some moves this decline will continue and eventually they will find themselves with a top lottery pick.

punctuated by pierce going from defensive decency to defensive doormat.  years ago he was a defensive stopper.  but the decline from normally decent to frequently walked all over has been shocking.

so, which contenders are going to want a defensive sieve of a 15 year vet on their team?  hmmmmmm let me see.  i love pierce and he did great things for us after eating a lot of shitte sandwiches during the down years, but his effectiveness window is now 25 minutes a game tops, not 35-40 like dock the doh doh has put him through this year while jeff green is just...  still not integrated

Same sort of team that felt the defensive sieve called RA would be a good pickup.  In other words, contenders who feel they are missing a piece that PP would fill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I keep saying, start Green and have PP come off the bench!! It will help the team and each players production. PP is a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of the best Celtics ever,and I'm old enough to have seen all but Cousy,I was like 6 when he retired. Having said that,  PP can still be a very effective and key core piece to the success of this team,he just can't play 35 minutes a night and still have enough to put the team on his back in the 4th anymore. He's playing like mid April in mid January.

People complain about Greens lack of consistancy , but he has 3 roles at the same position each night depending on who else is on the floor at the time. If Green is on the floor with Pierce and Garnett he is regulated to stand in the corner in a half court set and maybe shoot a last second three and then go cover the best 2-4 on the floor. When just PP  or Garnett is the floor he moves to a swing pass  in high post where he either swings the ball or is the 2nd drop in angle and maybe again a last second 3 three or drive into a collapsed lane. When Green is with the rest of the second unit he is supposed to be pushing the pace In an uptempo offense and defense. Green is a really good player and is one of the few players that can create his own shot the problem is he always having to change his game every player change it's really hard to get a rythmn to your game. When you consider the fact that this his first full season that has 4 players that were here when he got here, I'd say he's doing pretty good for one year back from major heart surgery 1 year ago a week ago. Green 9.4 pts 3.9Rebs 42% fgp 78.4% ft pct 1.3 TOs . in 22 minutes on a team that is in transition. Perk 24 min 4 pts 6 rebs 1.3 blocks and 2.8 pfs 1.3 TOs  at 1-5 million more than Green, while playing with 2 great players in their prime  so don't even mention the Perk B.S.

Bass is having an off start be he was like that last year,I was soooooooo wrong about Jason Terry, Lee is starting to come around and we really have no great chips for trade without giving up on the future or this season. I'm thinking some our core players and Doc need to make some adjustments between now and the end of the season. I think this team has underachieved both coach and players but can we improve whether we make a trade or not.Is there room for improvement ? Most definately. We need a tune up not a rebuild that we can't afford.  Do I think we have a legit shot in the playoffs ? Yes!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

There will not be any trades until the trade deadline.  Teams will not dump players like Josh Smith or Big Al until they absolutely have to, so I say they will not make a move until the deadline.  Same goes for Pierce.  The Celtics will not waive the white flag and trade him until they absolutely have to, so we have a few more weeks of watching this crap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Same sort of team that felt the defensive sieve called RA would be a good pickup.  In other words, contenders who feel they are missing a piece that PP would fill.

i understand, but ray as defensive sieve who can still score with decent efficiency in spot duty at 4 million is totally different than pierce @ 15m.  :-O

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I keep saying, start Green and have PP come off the bench!! It will help the team and each players production. PP is a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of the best Celtics ever,and I'm old enough to have seen all but Cousy,I was like 6 when he retired. Having said that,  PP can still be a very effective and key core piece to the success of this team,he just can't play 35 minutes a night and still have enough to put the team on his back in the 4th anymore. He's playing like mid April in mid January.

People complain about Greens lack of consistancy , but he has 3 roles at the same position each night depending on who else is on the floor at the time. If Green is on the floor with Pierce and Garnett he is regulated to stand in the corner in a half court set and maybe shoot a last second three and then go cover the best 2-4 on the floor. When just PP  or Garnett is the floor he moves to a swing pass  in high post where he either swings the ball or is the 2nd drop in angle and maybe again a last second 3 three or drive into a collapsed lane. When Green is with the rest of the second unit he is supposed to be pushing the pace In an uptempo offense and defense. Green is a really good player and is one of the few players that can create his own shot the problem is he always having to change his game every player change it's really hard to get a rythmn to your game. When you consider the fact that this his first full season that has 4 players that were here when he got here, I'd say he's doing pretty good for one year back from major heart surgery 1 year ago a week ago. Green 9.4 pts 3.9Rebs 42% fgp 78.4% ft pct 1.3 TOs . in 22 minutes on a team that is in transition. Perk 24 min 4 pts 6 rebs 1.3 blocks and 2.8 pfs 1.3 TOs  at 1-5 million more than Green, while playing with 2 great players in their prime  so don't even mention the Perk B.S.

Bass is having an off start be he was like that last year,I was soooooooo wrong about Jason Terry, Lee is starting to come around and we really have no great chips for trade without giving up on the future or this season. I'm thinking some our core players and Doc need to make some adjustments between now and the end of the season. I think this team has underachieved both coach and players but can we improve whether we make a trade or not.Is there room for improvement ? Most definately. We need a tune up not a rebuild that we can't afford.  Do I think we have a legit shot in the playoffs ? Yes!!

not without acquiring a big and moving bass.  doc's "integration" plans on these young players often move backwards.  you're right in what you say about green.  not only does the role shape shift but so do the minutes.  barbosa = spark plug who never plays but we keep feeding terry minutes = ???!!!

but bass was a custom ruinization job that doc did.  right before the season started, there was an article ON BOSTON.COM about how bass was baffled that doc told him not to go into the post anymore.  it's not like he went there a lot- but he IS supposed to be a 4, and his post moves, while not aesthetic things of beauty, were NOT bad enough to shut him down on the block!!!  the advanced stats back me up there.

so when you starve a big guy out of all post action, what do you think might happen to his game?   bass' shooting has gone way down FG% and his FTA per game is WAY DOWN- he feels punplugged from his purpose and he's got a point.  this team needs stuff in the post- both from green and bass. and there is not enough of it happening!

but seriously, without a big to help mop up minutes at the 5 and preferably get RID of bass, we have no chance of contending.  and pierce will have to start games on the bench- of all the guys he can be the everyman just like he's had to be before years ago in shorter minute duty and come out fine from it, unlike green is struggling with it right now.  start green and you'll watch his shooting come up and his rebounding get more respectable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Green needs to get more minutes and Pierce less. Don't really care who starts. Who finishes is more important and should depend on who's playing better during the game.

What's to loose??

The underachieving of SO MANY people on the roster is largely on Doc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

Green needs to get more minutes and Pierce less. Don't really care who starts. Who finishes is more important and should depend on who's playing better during the game.

What's to loose??

The underachieving of SO MANY people on the roster is largely on Doc.

Definitely agree with you.   The Celtics aren't winning many games anyway.  Playing Green more minutes is a good idea and one that I have mentioned on several threads.  Pierce on most nights would be more effective playing less minutes.  Doc is partly to blame for the Celtics current situation.  He needs to try different lineups and on any given night give the minutes to whoever is contributing.  So many times someone is having a good game and he takes them out of the game, because he has an idea of the type of minutes alloted to each player.  This is not the right approach. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I have said this before but the worst things that could have happened to this team was last years deep playoff run.  It gave Ainge and the rest of us the illusion that this team still had a run left in them.  Terry and Bass, have been huge underachievers.

Its time to give up on this team, dump Terry and Bass, if possible, trade Pierce if possible, I think he would welcome going to a contender. KG is actually not that overpaid at 11 per, he is still a quaility big. I think a team might want him as well.

Blow it up and get bad for a few years.  It wouldnt bother me a bit.  I will still be here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I have said this before but the worst things that could have happened to this team was last years deep playoff run.  It gave Ainge and the rest of us the illusion that this team still had a run left in them.  Terry and Bass, have been huge underachievers.

Its time to give up on this team, dump Terry and Bass, if possible, trade Pierce if possible, I think he would welcome going to a contender. KG is actually not that overpaid at 11 per, he is still a quaility big. I think a team might want him as well.

Blow it up and get bad for a few years.  It wouldnt bother me a bit.  I will still be here.

Hard to take with the roller coaster we have been on (six wins). To see us so weak right after the streak is truly confusing.  Before the six straight I felt the same way as you do so the rebuilding process may be here.   I would not be surprised to see this team throw another curve ball and play well however.  We have junk to trade without Pierce and Garnett going.  2006 seems like it may just be around the corner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I don't think the Celts have lost 5 straight since KG became a Celtic.

Time to move on.

Pierce for a lottery pick.

Before they move on they might try to get the ball to Lee and Greeen standing in 3 pt in the corner wide open. They finally set up plays for Greenandhe came through, also with tough D on Melo- who broke loose in Q4. Now let's see someplays for Lee, who is capable of a lot mor e contribution.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Agree!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Definitely agree with you.  Although, didn't we have the same thoughts last season.  I remember posting that it would be better for the Celtics not to make the playoffs so we could get a higher draft pick.  Maybe it will become a reality this year.  Still too early in the season to know what will happen.  I do expect some trades to be made. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Danny boy has gone on record saying he wouldn't make the same mistake Red did holding onto the Big Three too long. If it weren't for ray dissing them the Big Three would still be here and aging rapidly. Ainge got some false hope from last years playoffs and now he is seeing the error of his ways.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Wholy cow I think I have seen enough of this team to see that they cant compete at all. They are way too dam old. Time to get what you can for these old farts and start from scratch. Get rid of their salaries any way possible. Sick and tired watching these guys not being able to run up and down the court. If you dint trade them make them com off the bench at least. Dam they suck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Hard to take with the roller coaster we have been on (six wins). To see us so weak right after the streak is truly confusing.  Before the six straight I felt the same way as you do so the rebuilding process may be here.   I would not be surprised to see this team throw another curve ball and play well however.  We have junk to trade without Pierce and Garnett going.  2006 seems like it may just be around the corner.

They might play well, but they aren't going to win.  I love this team no matter what, I am not going to complain and whine about whatever team they put on the floor.  But I think it is time to blow it up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

Definitely agree with you.  Although, didn't we have the same thoughts last season.  I remember posting that it would be better for the Celtics not to make the playoffs so we could get a higher draft pick.  Maybe it will become a reality this year.  Still too early in the season to know what will happen.  I do expect some trades to be made. 

Last season Pierce and KG were not as bad as this season. Check their stats from this season and last season. The drop off in efficiency and production is very evident.

I agree.  Which is why I said the worst thing that could have happened was last years deep run.  It gave everyone false hope.  Last year I was advocating blowing it up as well, and they had a good run, made everyone happy, and almost made the finals.

Which is why we are currently in this mess right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

kudo's for the insightfull posts on this subject...and I must say, avenger's post was short and concise with no flaming....nice job...although I don't agree that the Lakers will get out of their mess and quicker than the Celts will....but that's just my opinion...

25. This post has been removed.