Iverson again.......hmmmmmmm

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Iverson again.......hmmmmmmm

In Response to Iverson again.......hmmmmmmm:
    [QUOTE]The last time there were posts about Iverson coming to the Celtics I was not amored with the idea...........however with the new CBA on the horizon and with the penalties which would be imposed on teams over the cap, the need for the C's to fill roster spots with only the minimum player exceptions it may be worthwhile to look into Iverson.  It appears that he has now come to grips with the fact that he is no longer a starter.  I am sure that he still has his shot and could supply some spark off the bench.  It would also allow West to play at his natural position as 2 guard.  Having 2 ball handlers on the second squad would not be a bad idea either.......I have changed my tune and think Iverson would be a good addition on a 1 year non guaranteed contract.  What do you all think?
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

AI's out-spoken evil brother would eat Rondo's shaky confidence alive.

Unless of course, AI could mentor Rondo into stepping into wide open 12 footers with the game up for grabs... something AI could hit with his eyes closed.

Color me skeptical at best.

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Guys, I thought we were going after Jamal Crawford!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I love AI for his heart and talent, but he's washed up now.  He would not provide the passing nor defense we need and he's no longer an offensive power.   No to AI, although he's one of my favorite warriors of all time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Iverson again.......hmmmmmmm:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iverson again.......hmmmmmmm : Celts for short stints and at the close of games he may not be a bad pick up.......esp since, 1) we can only sign players to the new vet minimum (he is a player who has at least some ice left in his veins and definitely knows how to play the game) and 2) who else at the vet minimum would be worthy 3) he can at least shoot free throws in close game 4) would allow West to play his true position at the 2 guard.... As long as the contract was a one year non guaranteed.....why not?  we have too many roster spots to fill with no money.....
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

My sense is that we have little to lose with a rapidly aging Big Three and little else offensively.

Actually we have nothing to lose as we are going nowhere fast unless Rondo can be flipped for an offensive minded and skilled PG.

AI is (or at least was) the consummate warrior.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

we need cheap talent and it's gonna have to come from somewhere. i say iverson - who has never suffered a major injury - is worth the celtics' consideration. but only if signing iverson would not preclude re-signing delonte.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I want Jamal Crawford and Delonte West - we should be fine at the 1 and 2 with those 4:
    Rondo, Ray, West, Crawford

It's the FIVE we need to worry about!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

bringing iverson to green would make the dominique wilkins experiment look like a wild success.

but who cares, nobody will be watching anyway.  go for it.  AI needs the money, he's paycheck to gambling debt as it is. 

yeah what the heck!! let's roll an aged drunk of a 38% FG shooting ball hog into town, he'll deliver us to the promised land!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Pleassseeee....donot get Iverson, what can he do for the C's????????

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Iverson is too old and beat up to help us.  BUT, I don't think he can ruin any chemistry.  Doc, Danny, KG, Paul, Ray, etc are all VERY strong characters.  If there's anything the C's have above other teams and anything they've shown in recent years, its that they stick together and they don't let one bad apple get away with bad acts.   When West joined the team, many people talked about his well documented problems.  He was a model citizen.  Same for Wafer.  

I'm not arguing FOR Iverson.  I hope this rumor/request started by his agent falls on deaf ears.  But, I'm not afraid of his attitude one bit if he were with the team.  I'm more afraid of his defense and his deteriorating skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

No more over-the-hillers please!
    We've got enough of those already....though it was fun!

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts