Iverson signs overseas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Iverson signs overseas

: Besiktas signed 2-year contract with #Celtics draftee Colton Iverson. Includes NBA out after this season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Iverson signs overseas

Baxter Holmes Baxter Holmes @BaxterHolmes about 46 minutes ago

League source says that Celtics rookie center Colton Iverson has not agreed in principal or signed a deal with anyone.

I believe Bax ... deal not done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Good move.  Celtics retain his rights.  Both he and Melo NEED lots of development time on the court and both couldn't share time with the Lobsters.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Why waive Bogans and take that unnecessary cap hit? He's basically an expiring contract. I like Shav but i rather give the minutes to the younger guys. It's not like we're gonna win it all this year anyways.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

better to ship out GW

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

Why waive Bogans and take that unnecessary cap hit? He's basically an expiring contract. I like Shav but i rather give the minutes to the younger guys. It's not like we're gonna win it all this year anyways.

Younger guys ... Bogans is 33 and Shav 29! Who will play center other than Faverini? Hump? Certainly not Melo!!!

Why pay him $5MM for one year and lose a younger big with some upside who will only cost you $1.1MM for the year. Waive him now and shave $2.2MM off the cap immediately. You won't get enough at the trade deadline to make it worth the $4MM you will have paid him by that time to keep the bench warm while you could have gotten valuable minutes at center with Shav.

He was a means to an end and there's no use for him now. Send him packing with $5MM severence and time to get picked up for another VM elsewhere. He will have no hard feelings ... we gave him the best bonus at the least likely time of his career ... Believe me, he will be thankful.

waive bogans if there are no takers after the trade deadline, just give sometime. useless to waive bogans now. just saying

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

the celtics starting center is not on our current roster yet.

fav-LOL please.

Fab- Not even close

KO- possibly, but most feel his skill set is better at PF

Randolph- end of bencher always

Humphries- I sure hope not, he's not even a good PF

Bass- too small, despite Doc using him there last year at times

Sullinger- the best player we have right now, IMO

if no more trades ARE made...then I predict Sully at Center and KO at PF get the most starts next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

better to ship out GW

Not that I don't think Wallace will be traded, but how do you expect Ainge to go about doing that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

GW,Bass, Lee, hump

at least 2 of these 4 need to be traded.  Ideally it is GW and Bass.  Hump is a big with experience at PF and C and an expiring contract.  Lee has the most potential to improve of the 4.  GW may be hard to move, but I would sweeten the pot to try to move him.  I'd even put a future 1st with him to get back a second next year to move him to someone with room.  Dump him.  Other than C, the team is deep at 4 positions, has youth and experience at each position, and potential to get better.  If you can move a few chips that have value for a younger center with potential(Asik as an example) Then I say do it.  What are Houstons weaknesses now?  We have great depth at the 2, 3, and 4.  I would move almost anyone at those positions for the chance of a center with youth, experience, and reasonable upside like a Asik.  The exception...Green, and one of Sully/KO.  Yes I would trade sully and GW for Asik.  Or Bass and AB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Why sign Faverani when you already have too many players? Answer: A trade is GOING to happen BEFORE training camp. Bogans won't be in it. Good. He plays D like Courtney Lee, and hopefully shoots better.

Maybe, just maybe we can get Kevin Love for Hump and Olynyk and Courtney?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Why sign Faverani when you already have too many players? Answer: A trade is GOING to happen BEFORE training camp. Bogans won't be in it. Good. He plays D like Courtney Lee, and hopefully shoots better.

Maybe, just maybe we can get Kevin Love for Hump and Olynyk and Courtney?

I would rather have Olynyk than Kevin Love.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Not me, but I'm sure minn will want more than that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Oly over Love!!  OMG.  and Rondo over LeBron. LOL. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Someone has to teach these young guys how to be a professional. Bogans is that person. Good locker room guy, won't complain over lack of minutes, will keep on top of the young guys on the right way to be an NBA player. 

Sections
Shortcuts