J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston

In Response to Re: J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston:
    He would be perfect here, of course he'd have to grow up Avery, Johnson, Moore and both 1st rd picks would get it done $ wise and give the Kings FOUR players in the 20-23 age range as of this summer who were all picked in the 19-27 range of the draft. But that couldn't be enough to land a 21 year old 6'11" 270 beast who was a 13 point, 9 rebound, 1 block guy last year at age 20. Next year, with us transitioning to it being Rondo's team... Cousins with his head on straight would be turned into a 23-12-2
    Posted by rameakap

U know Rondo was considered a head case before he got here as well.  If we could get this guy it would be a good move IMO.  Of course I don't think any other teams are going to give up comparable talent for him.  Why would they?  He doesn't make enough money so the options are a little more limited.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Let's just hope DA makes the effort!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe we could just swap a tall headcase for a short headcase.

Now that might work.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

He would be perfect here, of course he'd have to grow up Avery, Johnson, Moore and both 1st rd picks would get it done $ wise and give the Kings FOUR players in the 20-23 age range as of this summer who were all picked in the 19-27 range of the draft. But that couldn't be enough to land a 21 year old 6'11" 270 beast who was a 13 point, 9 rebound, 1 block guy last year at age 20. Next year, with us transitioning to it being Rondo's team... Cousins with his head on straight would be turned into a 23-12-2
    Posted by rameakap

Well, that is the best we can do...............unless we expand the trade. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Boston Fantasy Land.
    Don't you think Sacramento could get more for Cousins then a terrible Avery Bradley, two guys that have played a combined 21 minutes in their career and a draft pick?

By the way, Sacramento has said that they are not trading Cousins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Boston Fantasy Land. Don't you think Sacramento could get more for Cousins then a terrible Avery Bradley, two guys that have played a combined 21 minutes in their career and a draft pick?   By the way, Sacramento has said that they are not trading Cousins.
    Posted by mtrax

In a related story (not really) in the LA Times, some people want the lakers to bring in Nate Robinson, because kobe "is selfish and shoots too much."

LOVE IT!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston : yes the only way I can see us expanding the trade is using Wilcox/Sasha's expiring contract of over 4 million and maybe 1-2 of those young guys to get a 3rd team to give up a player Sacramento wants more. Likely someone more expensive that the 3rd team doesn't want to pay. Sacramento has TONSof cap space to absord such a hit. Not sure that really works tho. I don't think you want to trade Jermaine at this point, b/c he would likely pout, be bought out, and land on Miami, then if Cousins isn't ready to be at least a 28 minute a game Center who buys into the team concept (we'd need defense and 10+ rebounds over his scoring) then you've really upset the balance of the club and made it harder for us to compete this year. Of course, if you've already given up on this team as anything more than a 2nd rd playoff club you might as well gamble on the Rondo-Pierce-Green-Bass-Cousins lineup of next season (with 15 million in cap space) being a pretty good foundation of the future.
    Posted by rameakap

BOTH!!  I like that team, with Nick Young starting and Ray and PP coming off the bench!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Got a link where Sacramento has said they are trading him?
    Outside of Rondo, Boston has no established young talent to trade to Sacramento.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston : got a link to that NBA experts are weighing in, like the Adande articel I posted, saying it is inevitable he gets traded and yes I have said OVER and OVER (if you bother to read all the posts) that Boston's best offer (which includs TWO 2012 1st rd picks) is likely not as good as other teams out there.. and Bradley is the same age as Cousins, he could still turn into a decent player
    Posted by rameakap

From the Sacremento Bee:

Seriously? Cousins wants to be traded? The Kings would be nuts to entertain a single phone call, which apparently are not. "We leave that stuff (the benching) to the basketball people," Kings co-owner Joe Maloof said before tipoff, "but we're not trading him." They might have considered picking up the phone, though, and placing a pre-emptive courtesy call to Cousins' agent, John Greig. That would have been prudent and mature and pre-emptive, and a clear indication that, amid the stormy season's start, cooler heads indeed will prevail.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Maybe there is a way to work Jeff Greene into the equation.   Just thinking out loud.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Well we shall see what the best basketball decision is for the team, player, coaching staff, etc. Clearly the owners, agent, player and coach are not on the same page.
    Posted by rameakap

We know the best decision for Sacramento would not be to trade Cousins for Boston's scraps.

You guys always think that the value of 4 poor players equals 1 really good player. It doesn't. Boston's picks that will probably be in the 20-23 range aren't too enticing to the Kings who usually pick in the top 7 of every draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well we shall see what the best basketball decision is for the team, player, coaching staff, etc. Clearly the owners, agent, player and coach are not on the same page.
    Posted by rameakap

Just from what I was reading on the Sac newspaper,  it looks like they need a new head coach.  Sounds like nobody gives a hoot about Wesphal.  I got the .feeling he comes off pretty arrogant to his players.  Of course I am speculating.  Sure sounds like they don't like him much.  Also the management appears to  be in dissaray as well.  How do you not call a agent about a player?  Let him find out about it on the internet

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Mtrax what is your deal? It's a discussion, there are no GMs here, not even you. Some ESPN guy said something and this is the reaction. Danny has tried many trades and will look into it just like all of the teams. Scraps and picks? Picks are useful and Sacramento is not contending. One of the picks is the Clippers too. Who is your team and what scraps and picks are they going to offer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Mtrax what is your deal? It's a discussion, there are no GMs here, not even you. Some ESPN guy said something and this is the reaction. Danny has tried many trades and will look into it just like all of the teams. Scraps and picks? Picks are useful and Sacramento is not contending. One of the picks is the Clippers too. Who is your team and what scraps and picks are they going to offer?
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound

The Clippers should be in the playoffs this year. That pick that Boston has is not very enticing to Sacramento.

Sacramento needs some established players who make significant money to meet the minimum payroll requirement. Bradley and picks don't meet that criteria.

If I make up a trade proposal for "my team", it would be way better for Sacramento then the ones that are mentioned in this and other threads.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston : The Clippers should be in the playoffs this year. That pick that Boston has is not very enticing to Sacramento. Sacramento needs some established players who make significant money to meet the minimum payroll requirement. Bradley and picks don't meet that criteria. If I make up a trade proposal for "my team", it would be way better for Sacramento then the ones that are mentioned in this and other threads.
    Posted by mtrax

Well we are all waiting anxiously.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Cousins is a very troubled player.  To assume he is worth dismantling a team for someone who in his second year has demanded a trade is poor judgement.

Dismantling this team is a fact of life to rebuild with a guy like Cousins is crazy. JJ. Adande hates the Celtics and would be thrilled if we paid a lofty price for this hot-headed giant. 

Ainge will be all over this and you can be sure Doc will know if he should go out and get this nut. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by rameakap

Agree that he would be a great addition to the current Celtics team, but I don't believe it will happen.   I don't think we have enough to offer in a trade. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston : I didn't know that future draft picks in the 20's and the young talent that are currently the 11th, 12th and 14th men on this team is considered 'dismantling' I'd assume Cousins is troubled and needs mentors and a new start. I wouldn't assume he is so messed up that he couldn't play with 3 HOFers, a PG that would get him the ball and one of the most well-liked coaches in the league and fit in for a season. Than next year he gets to be the #1 scoring option... hopefully he's just being a brat b/c he hated be the #2 option behind Evans and now thate he is the #3 option behind Evans and Thornton he is really getting annoyed. Well in a hypothetical future here he'd be the #1 guy... with hopefully his anger and tantrums reigned in by Doc, mature teammates who fit his style of play and a better run organization
    Posted by rameakap

Just saw his stats .  He is shooting 32% from the field this year, and a career 42% shooter.  He does rebound though.  Of course rebounding numbers get skewed when teams fire up enough shots.  Someone has to get them. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sacramento's problem is that they just have too many young pieces and not the coach or the stable situation to correctly put them all together and make a trade. A lot of these kids are immature with no experience with a real professional organization. They have a good PF in Hickson and a good F-C in Thompson who are both set to be restricted free agents and for the first few games of the season at least weren't starting in favor of the undersized vet Hayes who just got cleared of that heart scare. They have 4 backup SF's but no real solid starter there (Greene/Garcia/Salmons/Outlaw). Then they have two guys who can score a ton (Evans/Thornton) and 2 guys who can really shoot (Thornton/Jimmer)... but no real distributor type. Evans can't shoot 3's and isn't a passer worthy of being a PG. What they need is to move 3 of their SF's, one of Hickson/Thompson and one of Evans/Thornton for a quality pass 1st PG, a legit SF and a veteran backup big.
    Posted by rameakap

I think maybe they were expecting Outlaw to start.  Paid 7 mill for a bench player.  Ugh.  Salmons is more of a shooting guard than SF.  I wouldn't mind him on our team either.  He always seem to play pretty good to us and he is tough as nails.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: J.A. Adande says Cousins good fit in Boston : He'd be a good vet to have... sort of a poor mans Jamal Crawford.... and deserves to be on a contender, but is way overpaid. C - Cousins, (Hayes) PF - Hickson, (Hayes) SF - ??, Garcia/Outlaw PG -Evans/Jimmer PG - ???? They need a SF and a PG real bad. Thornton/Thompson/Salmons are 3 guys with good talent that could be moved around the league for more picks and a real PG. I'd trade Wilcox, Avery and a 1st rd pick for Thompson. They can't keep both Thompson and Hickson past this season if they are intent on keeping Cousins and just gave Hayes 20 million. Avery, despite how much the fans here seem to want to give up on him, is 21 and would fit well with Evans and Jimmer. Evans is 6'5" and needs to ball in his hands. He can play PG and score and cover SG's. Avery can play bulldog D on PG's and is young and fast, he'd grow and run alongside Evans. As for Jimmer he can shoot like crazy but isn't a great distributor and might be better guarding 2's than the quick PG's Avery could handle. The two of them are at least a decent young bench of 21-22 year olds who can play off each other and have holes where the other has a strength.
    Posted by rameakap

Overpaid by our standards but not so much NBA standards.  8 mill is not good but isn't that bad especially if they contribute.  I rag on Avery pretty much as well but he may turn out to be a descent player eventually.  Really to early to give up on him. Lets get Jimmer while were trying to put it to Sac.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

The whole idea that the Celtics veterans would change Cousins in laughable.
    Going into this season Doc was disappointed by the immaturity of the Celtics bench. Most likey he meant Glen Davis, Nate Robinson and Avery Bradley.
    Why couldn't the Big 3 get those guys to become more mature?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The whole idea that the Celtics veterans would change Cousins in laughable. Going into this season Doc was disappointed by the immaturity of the Celtics bench. Most likey he meant Glen Davis, Nate Robinson and Avery Bradley. Why couldn't the Big 3 get those guys to become more mature?
    Posted by mtrax

Pretty sure Doc wasn't worried about Nate Robinson before this season started. You may have a wealth of knowledge I don't know about though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

davis is gone because he wanted too much money compared to what the celtics wanted to pay him.  robinson is gone because nobody can have a 5'9 two guard.

they may have been a little immature, but there were bigger reasons why they departed.

cousins is a beast, but he is also certainly a gamble.  rivers and his veterans would have their hands full with this guy if a trade could be made.

another point.  i think that in a supposedly very deep draft class in 2012, that both of the celtics first round draft picks are going to be very valuable to lots of teams (including the celtics).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

If you have read any of Shaq's book you would know how immature Nate Robinson was last year on the Celtics.

Cousins is way more off-balanced in his team relationships then West, BBD or Nate was.

A hardened and angry Kevin Garnett will not get through to Cousins.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Mtrax equals no value.

Sections
Shortcuts