Jabbar mad at Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony46. Show Tony46's posts

Jabbar mad at Lakers

Who the hell does he think he is? Sure he played a lot of years in the NBA, and I
    guess he was pretty good until the last years of his career. Most of the time he
    made like a statue while the others ran up and down the court. Some people here
    in LA think he is a God. Sounds to me like a spoiled kid who didn't get his way.
    I used to refer to him as the BIG DUMMY, and this just reinforces my opinion of
    him. I think the fact that Bill Russell is getting his statue, sticks in his craw..........
    how does that sound?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Jabbar mad at Lakers

Bill Russell....how long has it taken for boston to sort that out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He does deserve a statute.  It may have something to do with Russell finally getting a statute. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

?

I'm sure Kareem would acknowledge Russell as a great of the game. And he never played for Boston so why would he care?

Kareem was pretty good up until the last couple of years of his career? Well I don't agree with that, I believe he played very good basketball at the end of his career. He won 3 championships and adjusted his role to help the team win. How is that a poor performance? If he was obsessed about stats he'd have not changed his style of play.

If Kareem likes it or not, his era with the Lakers, when we started winning was defined by the arrival of Magic Johnson. If Magic didn't play for us we'd have won no championships relying on Kareem alone. Magic deserved a statue before Kareem. And Jerry West getting a statue speaks for itself. Meant a lot to the team/organisation not only as a player but as GM.

Kareem has burnt a lot of bridges in his life. For all his intelligence he was prone to doing some stupid things, but I think that's just who he was as a person. From books I've read he can go from being a funny guy to being completely aloof. It's just his personality. He didn't have it in him to be like Magic, not many people do. Magic is loved because of his personality, not just his deeds on the basketball court. Kareem wanted to be loved like Magic, but he just didn't have it in his DNA. It's not his fault, and it doesn't make him a bad person at all for being that way. I don't think it's fair for people to go after him because of this. Yes he can say stupid things without seeming to think. But we're all guilty of that.

Personally I don't care if he gets a statue or not. His achievements as a Laker won't be forgotten by me. Not saying anything for other 'fans' out there who may come along in the future and see his era as being 'ancient history'. But the man was a multiple champion and an all time Laker great. Heck, he was an all time great of the NBA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Jabbar mad at Lakers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jabbar mad at Lakers : Stick to the kitchen woman, you have no idea. Stupid is as stupid does!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And you Stupid is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Jabbar mad at Lakers:
    [QUOTE]? I'm sure Kareem would acknowledge Russell as a great of the game. And he never played for Boston so why would he care? Kareem was pretty good up until the last couple of years of his career? Well I don't agree with that, I believe he played very good basketball at the end of his career. He won 3 championships and adjusted his role to help the team win. How is that a poor performance? If he was obsessed about stats he'd have not changed his style of play. If Kareem likes it or not, his era with the Lakers, when we started winning was defined by the arrival of Magic Johnson. If Magic didn't play for us we'd have won no championships relying on Kareem alone. Magic deserved a statue before Kareem. And Jerry West getting a statue speaks for itself. Meant a lot to the team/organisation not only as a player but as GM. Kareem has burnt a lot of bridges in his life. For all his intelligence he was prone to doing some stupid things, but I think that's just who he was as a person. From books I've read he can go from being a funny guy to being completely aloof. It's just his personality. He didn't have it in him to be like Magic, not many people do. Magic is loved because of his personality, not just his deeds on the basketball court. Kareem wanted to be loved like Magic, but he just didn't have it in his DNA. It's not his fault, and it doesn't make him a bad person at all for being that way. I don't think it's fair for people to go after him because of this. Yes he can say stupid things without seeming to think. But we're all guilty of that. Personally I don't care if he gets a statue or not. His achievements as a Laker won't be forgotten by me. Not saying anything for other 'fans' out there who may come along in the future and see his era as being 'ancient history'. But the man was a multiple champion and an all time Laker great. Heck, he was an all time great of the NBA.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Extremely well said and I couldnt agree more that Kareem couldnt win s*** until Magic was drafted ... then the titles came.  Kareem was a second or even third fiddle to Magic & Worthy..

Kareem has 1 NBA title to his credit as Da Man...and that was with the Bucks, who also had the Big O but it was definitely Kareem as the big man on campus..

I posted earlier that Kareem doesnt deserve a staute with the Lakers,,, but rather he should get one, if any, from UCLA where he really was mega/superstar

Also, from his days plaing in HS at Power Memorial in NY, he was raised a racist imo...and it grew deeper as he aged... I actually seen him play in HS when I was a kid and it was a joke how he towered over everyone... total domination is only way to explain..maybe the most dominant HS player of all time..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I think they want to give Odumb and ByBynum a statue first.