JABBAR:"i would take BIG O any day over both bron and KOBE!" could this be y he's treated like a jabro since retiring?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: JABBAR:

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

i mean come on.. even colin cowherd the ultimate contrarian was in shock at that statement. asked who was better alltime. bron or jord and he went that way. yep i get the stats thing and triple double averages and lack of 3 point shot in his day.. but come on, where b the rings? how did he make others better? jerry west has called him the most selfish and overrated guy in history.. west had rings babay and improved things so much he's the silhouette babay and i'm a celts fan. 

on rec before the bandwagon as saying bron would b BETTER! for now, still jord but it aint gonna last! 

jabber-bar has never been a pleasant human being.  remember, years ago he went on record stating that a plane load of white people heading down to crash and sure to die would make him feel very happy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

[QUOTE]

i mean come on.. even colin cowherd the ultimate contrarian was in shock at that statement. asked who was better alltime. bron or jord and he went that way. yep i get the stats thing and triple double averages and lack of 3 point shot in his day.. but come on, where b the rings? how did he make others better? jerry west has called him the most selfish and overrated guy in history.. west had rings babay and improved things so much he's the silhouette babay and i'm a celts fan. 

on rec before the bandwagon as saying bron would b BETTER! for now, still jord but it aint gonna last! 

jabber-bar has never been a pleasant human being.  remember, years ago he went on record stating that a plane load of white people heading down to crash and sure to die would make him feel very happy

Just proves that a great basketball player doesn't necessarily translate to a great mind. So often fans equate on court talent and high basketball IQ to mental genius. Big mistake, eh? Kareem is 7ft-STUPID.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Dude, why stop at 24 words, just write your entire post in the heading an save us an extra click.          

Big O was pretty amazing in his day.  But its futile to compare players in different eras.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Big O was as great at his position as any player ever...period end of story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Big O was as great at his position as any player ever...period end of story.

Averaged a triple  double nuff said

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

A lot of people would take Big O over Bron and Kobe.  He belongs in the conversation.

He  has career averages of 26 points, 8 rebounds and 10 assists.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

actually, there is a bit more to the robertson story....

...These shortcomings may owe to Robertson’s bitter personality. He played angry. He berated referees, opposing players, fans, and even his own teammates when they didn’t conform to his expectations. He ignored coaches. In spite of his physical .skills and on court accomplishments, Robertson’s behavior riled teammates so much that many in the NBA didn’t want to play with him. The Cincinnati Royals even traded Robertson in his prime just so they wouldn’t have to deal with his fiery personality.

http://www.historybanter.com/ill-never-forgive-them-oscar-robertson-comes-to-north-texas/

too bad royals fans back in the day didn't have chat boards to rationally and intelligently hash out the value robertson brought to the cincinnati franchise and whether or not he should have been run out of town on a rail. 

bp

sorry abt the bold, couldn't get rid of it 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

SICK OF LEW ALCINDER

Sick of his complaining and anything he has to say about Kobe Bryant (the greatest Laker ever)

Sick of him complaining about where's his statue outside Staples Center

Sick of him saying he should have a job as a coach or GM

So glad this clown never played for the Celtics

Kobe or Magic would have made great Celtics, but not Jabbar aka Alcinder

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"even colin cowherd the ultimate contrarian "

Umm he's not a contrarian, he's a calculating ratings-obsessed shock jock (albeit smarter than most of them). Calling him a contrarian gives him too much credit. Contrarians (the good ones), take positions to advance arguments. He takes eyeball-lusting positions in order to boost his ratings and maintain his empire of blowhards. 

As for Kareem, he's a weird dude but this is hardly the most outrageous opinion ever stated. I'm not sure I agree with him, but I like that he is not prisoner of the moment. The real jabros are the young Lebron-jersey fans who have no idea of Robertson even is. That's why this opinion is a good one to put out there - study the history books and don't assume the modern player is the best player. 

These guys didn't even play the same position, so it's really not an easy comparison at any rate. Robertson was a better point guard than either of them, that's for sure. He was a far better passer than Kobe and a far better free throw shooter than Lebron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Robertson's first 5 years in the NBA: 30, 10, and 10 .... every night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Kareem was a great player...now under-rated.  He and drj were the stars of the league for years before a magic and Larry.

however he has no room to talk.  He broke kent bensons skull with a cheap shot from behind.  He put danny Schayes in a headlock.  He pretends to be some kind of Muslim guru version of bill Russell and he just isn't...wasn't.

one of the greatest players in nba history but not a great guy and no room to dis the big o.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Kareem was a great player...now under-rated.  He and drj were the stars of the league for years before a magic and Larry.

however he has no room to talk.  He broke kent bensons skull with a cheap shot from behind.  He put danny Schayes in a headlock.  He pretends to be some kind of Muslim guru version of bill Russell and he just isn't...wasn't.

one of the greatest players in nba history but not a great guy and no room to dis the big o.

He wasn't dissing the Big O

LeBron is awesome, MJ was awesome — but I think Oscar Robertson would have kicked them both in the behind,” Abdul-Jabbar said Thursday on Colin Cowherd‘s radio show.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

In response to cole-ely's comment:

[QUOTE]

He wasn't dissing the Big O

LeBron is awesome, MJ was awesome — but I think Oscar Robertson would have kicked them both in the behind,” Abdul-Jabbar said Thursday on Colin Cowherd‘s radio show.

[/QUOTE]

I dont find anything insulting about that remark.... its a reasonable and understandable opinion, nothing off the deep end.

How can anyone who knew Oscars game come down hard of Jabbars opinion? Disagree, sure.... but its nothing outrageous

Sections
Shortcuts