Jackie Mac Says Rondo Wants Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Jackie Mac Says Rondo Wants Out

http://celticfanchat.com/2014/08/31/jackie-macmullan-rondo-wants-out-of-boston-video/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Jackie Mac Says Rondo Wants Out

In a very candid moment during an Around The Horn commercial break, MacMullan tells her fellow panelists that Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out of Boston.

http://celticfanchat.com/2014/08/31/jackie-macmullan-rondo-wants-out-of-boston-video/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Nice Jackie, now maybe we can get 50¢ to a dollar instead of 80¢.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo and Smart on the same court together... fighting for the same position????

Not on your life!

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The issue: Rondo likely wants to get traded to a big market team that has few trade assets, i.e. NY, LA, etc.

Rondo's agent will simply tell all other teams he has no interest in signing with them (long term) after the season! 

Hence the concern, pennies on the dollar! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Do you think that Rondo said this last Jan when it was reported that Ainge tried to extend him?  Smart pick makes a lot more sense then.  If this is true, I would seriously try to trade him for non-gaurantee contracts out there before the season start, at least you save some money this year and Smart could get more playing time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

He just beat Ainge to the punch. We can't get much for him until teams see him play. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Contract talks probably went nowhere when Rondo asked for a "no-trade" clause.

And then, the Smart draft sealed things... and Rondo was Gondo.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Nothing to talk about......................yet!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

whoever said "we might get 50 on the dollar for rondo"- rondo HIMSELF made sure that we'd get 20 cents on the dollar last year by nixing deals / stating that there'd be no way that he'd re-sign with whoever we traded him too.  only an arrogant ignoramus (let alone one who barely shoots 60% free throws!!!) does that!

we have nobody to thank but rondo for his trade value being crap.  and danny and doc for letting him turn into a head case

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The turnaround in Rondo's rhetoric is good news IMO.  Smart must be outplaying Rondo in training camp.  

But now Rondo will be a sulking distracting cancer on the team until he's gone.  Hopefully Danny can trade him ASAP and I'll be satisfied to get a mid-first round draft pick, an expiring contract, and a ham sandwich for the petulant, over-rated, no-shot, classless, little brat.  

Bottom line is that Danny held his cards too long.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So Rondo finally gave into the recruitment by another player. 

If he didn't want to be part of a rebuild then he should have told Ainge earlier.

Agents stink!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He just beat Ainge to the punch. We can't get much for him until teams see him play. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rondo is traded but not for a few months.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There are still deals available for Rondo, even if it is only to big market teams without the 'assets' we truly expect to get for him. Or maybe the Kings or Pistons stay in the picture.

The Knicks - A Calderon/Thornton swap in a separate deal (Thornton can only be traded in a one for one move), then Rondo, Wallace and Joel Anthony for Amar'e Stoudamire, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Cleanthony Early. Or the Knicks top 3 protected 2017 1st rd pick if they want to keep early. Wallace makes the same as Calderon, Hardaway Jr. and Early next year so this doesn't waste the cap space the Knicks project to have, just gets a player in Rondo they would have tried to use it to sign as a FA one year earlier.

The Lakers - Rondo, Bass, Faverani and Pressey for Nash, Lin, Julius Randle and the Lakers 2017 1st rd pick top 3 protected. 

Some sort of 3-team trade where we get Eric Bledsoe signed and traded would also be nice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

whoever said "we might get 50 on the dollar for rondo"- rondo HIMSELF made sure that we'd get 20 cents on the dollar last year by nixing deals / stating that there'd be no way that he'd re-sign with whoever we traded him too.  only an arrogant ignoramus (let alone one who barely shoots 60% free throws!!!) does that!

we have nobody to thank but rondo for his trade value being crap.  and danny and doc for letting him turn into a head case

[/QUOTE]

you're exactly correct.  He stabbed them in the back when he said that last year.  Making sure they can only negotiate from a standpoint of weakness.  Even if that's the way he feels, no professional would ever do that to their team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rondo is traded but not for a few months.   

[/QUOTE]

What if he continues to play poorly in the grind of loosing/rebuilding team?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

If the returns on a proposed Rondo trade are 20c or 50c on the dollar, there will not be a trade before the season.  BTW, Rondo has a great incentive to play well which may serve two purposes - (1) he bolsters his case for a max or near-max deal, (2) improves the returns on the dollar for a mid-season trade.

Also, who are these unnamed team sources?  If they are  real, they'll be fired for souring any pre-season trade deals. It is highly likely the unnamed source is a locker-room attendant who heard the banter among players and reported it as the gospel to a journalist who could break a sensational piece of news!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the returns on a proposed Rondo trade are 20c or 50c on the dollar, there will not be a trade before the season.  BTW, Rondo has a great incentive to play well which may serve two purposes - (1) he bolsters his case for a max or near-max deal, (2) improves the returns on the dollar for a mid-season trade.

Also, who are these unnamed team sources?  If they are  real, they'll be fired for souring any pre-season trade deals. It is highly likely the unnamed source is a locker-room attendant who heard the banter among players and reported it as the gospel to a journalist who could break a sensational piece of news!

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the video?  Jackie was not reporting as information from unnamed sources.  It was impromptu discussion during commercial break.  She has no reason to lie, she just said she knew it as a fact but did not state her source.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The turnaround in Rondo's rhetoric is good news IMO.  Smart must be outplaying Rondo in training camp.  

But now Rondo will be a sulking distracting cancer on the team until he's gone.  Hopefully Danny can trade him ASAP and I'll be satisfied to get a mid-first round draft pick, an expiring contract, and a ham sandwich for the petulant, over-rated, no-shot, classless, little brat.  

Bottom line is that Danny held his cards too long.  

[/QUOTE]

Training camp has not started yet! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

OK, if Rondo says he wants out, let the countdown begin....

I still say the best possible scenario for both Rondo and the Celtics is for Rondo to accept a trade to PHX for Eric Bledsoe. They could actually do it straight up but Ainge needs to get PHX to swap TJ Warren for James Young, even if it costs the Celtics the #1 pick from Cleveland.....

Eric Bledsoe would be in the same situation he was in during his stay in PHX, a one yr deal, but at his current market value instead of the $3.8M he was paid in PHX ($3.8M is Bledsoe's qualifier if he signs in PHX to be unrestricted next season......I think Bledsoe wold accept a trade to Boston simply because he wants out of PHX so badly, and because he can get Boston to sign him for $13M and if it doesn't work out he will be unrestricted next summer........

I think it works for the Celtics because it gives them a top 20 player to replace the top 20 player they are trading , I said it about a month ago, Bledsoe will sign the 4yr $60M contract the Celtics probably offered Rondo who turned it down.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i think he knows that smart will be the future

................"LET 'EM GO" but we need to get something big!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I agree with everyone who's saying that we'll never get fair value for him, and that we can expect $0.80 on the dollar, $0.50 on the dollar or (gulp) perhaps even less.  So, here's my question:

Let's say that EVERY team in the NBA could afford to give us fair value for Rondo, what would you consider fair value?

Would 2 Rockets first-rounders and Clint Capela be enough?  We certainly won't rake in the same haul that Minny got for Love.  What would be considered asking too much?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

One more question, while it's still fresh on the stove, when will Rondo be traded?

I doubt DA will turn around and immediately grant Rondo's request, but I also don't expect this drama to linger into the regular season.  I think this news may light a small fire underneath DA and force his hand a bit.  I used to think this would drag on until February- but thanks to Jackie's story, I think Rondo will be gone by October.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Ryan Mallett was traded for a 6th round draft pick.  Is that .50 on the dollar?

Does that make Jimmy G = Marcus Smart?

Is Gronk going to be ready for Week 1?

Is Wallace recovered from surgery?

What would we do with Willie McGee??

This is a non-story right now!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!