Jackie Mac Says Rondo Wants Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: Jackie Mac Says Rondo Wants Out

DA call around  see what offers are, if any, add one or two of the subs on the roster and take the bedtime package you can.   60 cents on the dollar is better than having RR around knowing he is leaving for greener pastures ( no pun intended )

Do it sooner than later.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Why are some still expecting something "big" in exchange for Rondo?? The biggest thing we ever were offered was Brandon Knight and that was when Rondo had more value than today.

Blame Danny? Yes, he takes some of the heat for not moving Rondo out and for not accepting what other teams perceive Rondos value at, which isnt nearly as much as some here think.

Bad job Danny but Doc takes the cake.  Weak knee Doc bowed down at the feet of Rondo and allowed this egomaniac to grow into a monster (in a bad way) and ruin the chemistry on the team. In the process, Rondo ruined his own value by playing stat ball and ramming bad leadership & attitude down everyones throat

Now the Celtics are stuck and they deserve to be. Hopefully if Danny stays as GM he learned a lesson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

My Oh My........seems all the Rondo apologists have either run for cover never to be seen again, or have finally accepted that he never was what they thought he was, NOT REALLY. DA, get what you can, but get him gone. His negative energy and poor influence on the young core isn't worth trying to squeeze another 10-cents. Move him baby!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some sort of 3-team trade where we get Eric Bledsoe signed and traded would also be nice.

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that this would be a decent scenario too.  It could work as Bledsoe would be more of a shooting/scoring PG and Smart could complement him with defense and distributing. At least they are not similar players like Rondo and Smart are.  We could sure use more shooting (Bledsoe) and these two could be on the court together since they have differing styles/games.

Can only happen if Bledsoe would sign for no more than $15M a year.  I don't know why we would want a player making more than that right now during our rebuild.

Started watching the Celtics in the 80's when I was a kid, and have been a fan ever since...have watched them hoist four banners into the rafters in my life time, and always cheering for more...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

If we could use Rondo to unload Wallace, that would be great.  I like Mel's Knick scenario if that is viable.  I would do Rondo and Wallace for Stoudemire.  In a heartbeat.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

My Oh My........seems all the Rondo apologists have either run for cover never to be seen again, or have finally accepted that he never was what they thought he was, NOT REALLY. DA, get what you can, but get him gone. His negative energy and poor influence on the young core isn't worth trying to squeeze another 10-cents. Move him baby!

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What can I say?! The sun reflecting off my toothy grin will blind the Rondo Youth Brigade

So much for the thoroughbred of NBA pg's and his commitment to anyone but himself. But hey, anyone who thought anything different was only kidding themselves. It's not just Rondo, it's every well paid star in any pro sport. They are all Hessians going to the highest bidder and/or out to do whatever they want that will benefit them. Can't blame them either. Why should they be different than any other worker doing any other profession? It's on US as fans for having unrealistic expectations.

Time to retool and let DA work whatever magic he can work under the circumstances. It's going to be another tough long haul...let's hang in there sports fans...we is in this together!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sorry but Rondo and Wallace for Stoudemire doesn't do it for me.  Puts us exactly where we are, just a year earlier.  Plus, Amare is going to PHI........do you guys realize they are historically UNDER the cap?  Like, by FINEABLE amounts?

Without actually discussing a  Rondo trade, which I said I won't do, I'd like to remind everyone that two years ago, we still had Doc, KG, and Pierce, and were still in the hunt in the East.

Further, Rondo was hurt all of last year......until the end.  It takes 18 months to fully recover.  Lastly, it is against the rules to trade a player who is hurt.

So, HOW exactly was DA supposed to trade the guy.....and WHEN??

Once other teams see how he plays, then we'll see where he can go.  Perhaps he is only 50% of what he was, in which case 50 cents on the dollar sounds about right!!

But, I maintain, there is nothing to talk about.............yet!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm a Rondo fan,  but if he wants to go  a Rondo/Wallace/ Babb/Bogans/Johnson and a pick  for Stoudemire/Hardaway jr/Delambert/Shumpert and Early, would work for me. We'd be fun to watch and be super uptempo by necessity and have 30 mil in cap space after this year.

A Rondo/Wallace/Babb for T. Chandler/Ellis/Crowder with Dallas would be OK too.

As would Anjinca/Gordon/Evans for Wallace/ Rondo/ Anthony/Bogans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Stoudemire is going bym not as bad as Wallace but going by.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Get rondo out of here he's a cancer to the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry but Rondo and Wallace for Stoudemire doesn't do it for me.  Puts us exactly where we are, just a year earlier.  Plus, Amare is going to PHI........do you guys realize they are historically UNDER the cap?  Like, by FINEABLE amounts?

Without actually discussing a  Rondo trade, which I said I won't do, I'd like to remind everyone that two years ago, we still had Doc, KG, and Pierce, and were still in the hunt in the East.

Further, Rondo was hurt all of last year......until the end.  It takes 18 months to fully recover.  Lastly, it is against the rules to trade a player who is hurt.

Once other teams see how he plays, then we'll see where he can go.  Perhaps he is only 50% of what he was, in which case 50 cents on the dollar sounds about right!!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

PHI........do you guys realize they are historically UNDER the cap? Like, by "FINABLE" amounts?

Yes but I read that Philly doesn't care since the fines assessed are awarded to the teams roster in equal amounts. Kind of like a bonus for having to play extra minutes to compensate for the shortfall in players on the roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stoudemire is going bym not as bad as Wallace but going by.

[/QUOTE]

It's not about Stoudemire the player, it's about Stoudemire the expiring contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hardaway Jr. and Early (or a 2017 1st) were the key returns in that offer I proposed. Not Amar'e

As Hondo posted right after, the Knicks can def put something decent together for Rondo involving taking a bad contract and some young talent even if it is not the sure-fire future all-star or top 10 pick we'd hoped for. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo denies trade request:

Mark Murphy
    ‏@Murf56
    Spokeswoman for Rajon Rondo's agent, Bill Duffy, said both men deny that Celtics guard has demanded a trade.
    Brookline, MA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Jackie knows her stuff unlike a lot of the fraud links that are posted here, so I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt here. 

I do think Rondo was keeping an open mind to see what kind of team Ainge would put together. 

Given that he is a free agent pretty soon I don't see some big deal here. 

And if I was Rondo, I wouldn't want to play on this team either, and put up with the kinds of ungrateful fans we see in this forum who see only his flaws and none of his strengths. And yes - he has both. One we don't see acknowledged in this forum is his willingness to play through pain. He's a tough athlete.

It's time for him to go prove it (or not) on the open market. I think everyone can see that. Now Ainge is trying to figure out how to get a return on it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

What if he continues to play poorly in the grind of loosing/rebuilding team?

[/QUOTE]

won't that be fun to watch.  until the very last few games where rondo tricked up a stat increase he was a 38% nightmare from the field and aside from a slight outburst in %age (BUT NOT FTA's mind you!!!) he was much more miserable than his ending FT% indicates.

at this stage in his career rondo should be a 5 FTA per game talent if not more.  he can't even approach half of that because he knows if he shot 5 a game he'd miss close to 3

MORE GOOD TIMES in store for rondo on this terrible rebuilding team where all of his lack of leadership and "GO TO" features are on full display.  NOBODY is going to ink a third fiddle for 100 million- that's just a joke.  rondo's agent should get him alone in a room and slap him across the face.  he's going to end up going free agent and getting signed to a crappy one year deal and then it only will get worse from there. 

if you think otherwise then tell me WHAT player you are basing a mega deal on in the past who was the equal of rondo's football bat jump shot and tennis helmet free throw skills.  rondo had a chance to BE a "mookie blaylock" type of disruptor only mookie could shoot a bit.  he's not even that.  so what IS he?  don't say jason kidd or magic- both of them wound up 80% or better FT shooters for their career and aside from year ONE or TWO were not open perimeter shot liablities

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo denies trade request:

Mark Murphy
    ‏@Murf56
    Spokeswoman for Rajon Rondo's agent, Bill Duffy, said both men deny that Celtics guard has demanded a trade.
    Brookline, MA

[/QUOTE]

And Rondo's denial is duly noted.

Russkie soldiers captured fighting in eastern Ukraine???

Denied... they got lost while on  vacation!!!

QUESTION: What do V.Putin and R.Rondo have in common?

ANSWER: Same PR firm.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I THINK PUD PUD WILL BE VERY VERY VERY HAPPY !

RONDO HAS A TOFU LEGS AND WILL EXPLODE THIS SEASON --- QUICK!  GET RID OF THE BONE CANCER

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

And if I was Rondo, I wouldn't want to play on this team either, and put up with the kinds of ungrateful fans we see in this forum who see only his flaws and none of his strengths. And yes - he has both. One we don't see acknowledged in this forum is his willingness to play through pain. He's a tough athlete.

To the music of violins?

You mean the ungrateful fans that pay a fortune to buy tickets & pay outrageous concession prices etc so Ronda can cash his annual $13M annual check?  Yes, they are ungrateful for demanding & being annoyed of the brat for dogging it during the season, refusing to play defense unless theres a stat connected to it and so on and so forth.

Yes, how ungrateful of those fans to wonder why they throw their $$$ away to temporarily divert their attention from life to enjoy their sports team, if only for a few hours. How ungrateful they are for daring to voice any negative opinions of their darling, as if it will cause Rondos $13m paycheck to bounce. 

Maybe we all should just sit quietly & fawn over everything Ronda does and enjoy the delicate angel heaven blessed us with... Poor Ronda must be hurting inside knowing some posters on BDC dont share your opinion.. I bet he'd stay in Boston and take a salary cut just to hear a few more kind words here. It means as much to him as it does to you Im sure

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why are some still expecting something "big" in exchange for Rondo?? The biggest thing we ever were offered was Brandon Knight and that was when Rondo had more value than today.

Blame Danny? Yes, he takes some of the heat for not moving Rondo out and for not accepting what other teams perceive Rondos value at, which isnt nearly as much as some here think.

Bad job Danny but Doc takes the cake.  Weak knee Doc bowed down at the feet of Rondo and allowed this egomaniac to grow into a monster (in a bad way) and ruin the chemistry on the team. In the process, Rondo ruined his own value by playing stat ball and ramming bad leadership & attitude down everyones throat

Now the Celtics are stuck and they deserve to be. Hopefully if Danny stays as GM he learned a lesson

[/QUOTE]

A. I cant help but laugh at the armchair sports fans who insist they know everytime Danny Ainge's phone rings and everything said during the conversation. Bc Karllost knows for a fact that the ONLY team to ever call DA about Rondo was the Pistons, when they offered Brandon Knight, despite the fact that Danny himself says he fields calls about Rondo weekly. Weird.

Also, Rondo is a monster? hahahahahaha.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A. I cant help but laugh at the armchair sports fans who insist they know everytime Danny Ainge's phone rings and everything said during the conversation. Bc Karllost knows for a fact that the ONLY team to ever call DA about Rondo was the Pistons, when they offered Brandon Knight, despite the fact that Danny himself says he fields calls about Rondo weekly. Weird.

Also, Rondo is a monster? hahahahahaha.

[/QUOTE]

Jamez... you look stoked about the up-coming season.

Stay strong, bud!

Rondo isn't going anywhere!

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The wrath of????

ESPN appears to have removed the video that featured MacMullan’s comments from the “Around the Horn” YouTube account, though it doesn’t look like the network has given a reason just yet. Hoops Rumors

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics#sthash.UjtFLcns.dpuf

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The turnaround in Rondo's rhetoric is good news IMO.  Smart must be outplaying Rondo in training camp.  

But now Rondo will be a sulking distracting cancer on the team until he's gone.  Hopefully Danny can trade him ASAP and I'll be satisfied to get a mid-first round draft pick, an expiring contract, and a ham sandwich for the petulant, over-rated, no-shot, classless, little brat.  

Bottom line is that Danny held his cards too long.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just like he held his cards too long with Garnett and PP. DA is just another average GM in a long line of Celtic mediocre GMs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The turnaround in Rondo's rhetoric is good news IMO.  Smart must be outplaying Rondo in training camp.  

But now Rondo will be a sulking distracting cancer on the team until he's gone.  Hopefully Danny can trade him ASAP and I'll be satisfied to get a mid-first round draft pick, an expiring contract, and a ham sandwich for the petulant, over-rated, no-shot, classless, little brat.  

Bottom line is that Danny held his cards too long.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just like he held his cards too long with Garnett and PP. DA is just another average GM in a long line of Celtic mediocre GMs.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ridiculous comment.  Absolutely disgraceful!  This team was god-awful when he took it over.  He turned it into a championship team, a KG knee injury away from back to back  champs, and a Perk cheap shot from kobe away from 2 in 3 years.

Did he hang on to Perk too long?

What hateful criticism is going on here lately.  I can't wait for the season to start.

Kupchak, Nelson, Riley, Buford, Dumars and AINGE are the only GM's to build a winner this century.

And, your "long list" of mediocre GM's   - official title of General Manager - includes:

Walter Brown - 1946 - 1951

Red Auerbach - 1951 - 1984

Jan Volk - 1984 - 1997

Chris Wallace  - 1997 - 2007

Danny Ainge - 2007 - present

Oh, yeah, a LOOOOOONG list of "mediocre" GM's.

You are wrong on every point - get a grip!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

bunch of yodelers with the notion that biitching makes them appear more astute. you've seen this before, hedley. 

bp

Sections
Shortcuts