Jackson says these games don't matter after the game today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Jackson says these games don't matter after the game today

These games really don't matter.  Hate to say it, great win yesterday, but it's one win.  The Lakers will be right there when all is said and done.  Will they be able to surmount not having home court advantage, assuming their uninspired play continues?  Who knows.  The Celtics did remarkably well after limping into the playoffs, but having game 7 in Boston would've been a good thing and their so-so regular season prevented that from happening. 

The Lakers and Celtics are battle tested.  If the C's are healthy they are the team to beat in the east.  And despite having a thin bench, the Lakers are still the champs until knocked off, and I for one hope the C's and Lakers get to the finals again.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Well the Laker trolls freshly wounded from yesterday are now on this BB but going incognito.   Many of these posts smell like three day old fish.  Where are the real Celtics fans.  

Logical mind your previous 10 posts are a mystery to me, but your love of Phil Jackson is crystal clear. Phil Jackson's head is spinning now and his hopes for a championship rest on a season saving acquisition by the Lakers or a major Celtic injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'd agree that the Lakers need some more bench help to threepeat.  And if the C's are healthy, I think they're too much for the Lakers this year if it comes down to a finals rematch.  But it's only February, and things can change. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

All true.  But one thing really has changed; LA is in no way, shape, or form a better team than the Spurs.  Anything can happen, for sure, but I highly doubt that LA is in the finals this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Games don't matter and yet they're mostly getting ready to make a trade... lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In Response to Re: Jackson says these games don't matter after the game today:
    And, by the way, Celtics fans should know better than anyone out there not to dismiss a team's title chances based on their regular season play. Boston's 2010 season, anyone?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Everyone keeps saying that.  What the Celtics did last year was special, not the norm.  Just because the Celtics did it, doesn't mean LA can.  The Celtics played .500 ball last year mainly because they had a bunch of injuries and Doc was resting players, not really because they were coasting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Listened to some Laker radio here in Los Angeles and they are definitely panicked.  They want to say the game did not matter yet they are talking only of trades. Bynum by the way is injured again with a bone bruise after a mri.  Any takers for a broken down but young seven footer. 

It will fascinating to see who is on the block.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Jackson says these games don't matter after the game today:
    Listened to some Laker radio here in Los Angeles and they are definitely panicked.  They want to say the game did not matter yet they are talking only of trades. Bynum by the way is injured again with a bone bruise after a mri.  Any takers for a broken down but young seven footer.  It will fascinating to see who is on the block.
    Posted by concord27

Me too, concord.  The day after, it seemed everybody was in denial.  I tuned into Laker radio (710 AM in LA) and they were having a big discussion about appropriate renditions of the national anthem at sports events.  Today it's, OMG, who do we need to get rid of to get soandso.  Artest and Bynum are the usual suspects
    All of us C fans in LA are laughing to ourselves a little more often.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Breaktime,
    710 was where I was listening.  The thing is the fans and media don't think twice that the problem can be fixed.  Like the Nba will look out for them.  

I watched after the game on local sports 7 with Michael Cooper and was seething at the lack of effort. They see what the Celtics have as a team unit and know they can't replicate with Kobe and co. 

It is a treat only a Celtic fan in LA can know watching these poor excuse for fans taking a beat down never having a clue how to articulate what is going wrong for their team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Concord.
    Yeah, Coop hates the Celtics.  It's such a treat to watch his eyes bulge even more than normal when the Celtics leave LA with a W.
    Brings back memories of the 80's.
    Maybe the lakers are still trying to figure out the triangle:-)
    Deep down inside though, I'm pulling for them to make the Finals.
    Love to see Green vs Purple and Gold in June.  Right now though, they got a heap a problems.  Bynum out again and San Antonio on Thursday.
    Here what I imagine the two guys on laker talk look like lately SurprisedSurprised

Sections
Shortcuts