JaJuan Johnson a Key To the Future?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

JaJuan Johnson a Key To the Future?

JaJuan has very good jumping, speed, quickness and height.  In the Big Ten he had monster offensive stats and top defensive accolades.  But the rap on him was his slight build or lack of strength for the NBA.  No doubt he knows he has to seriously hit them weights for the rest of his career.  There have been other big men who when they first came to the NBA looked thin but later filled out: J. Oneill, Kevin McCale, Tyrone Hill, etc..  Also I have read that Tom Brady was a backup QB in college because coaches thought he was too thin to take the pounding but later, physically matured.  Maybe JJJ is a diamond in the rough and will be a very good player for the Celts in the future. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Jujuan Johnson a Key To the Future?

he has some potential.....not sure if hes the key to the future....thats rondo or maybe bradley if rondo is traded

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: Jujuan Johnson a Key To the Future?

In Response to Re: Jujuan Johnson a Key To the Future?:
    he has some potential.....not sure if hes the key to the future....thats rondo or maybe bradley if rondo is traded
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Right now, if he were to play 32 minutes, he would be about 14pts. and 5.6 rebounds.  Not bad for a thin rookie.  But if he could get his strenghth to the point where the burly bigs couldn't push him around, on the block both off. and def., then his career could hopefully take off to something much better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: JaJuan Johnson a Key To the Future?

I don't think he has the right body type to get much stronger/bulkier. I think they are called endomorphs (or is it ecto)? He'll always be thin, unfortunately. Push-around material.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: JaJuan Johnson a Key To the Future?:
    I don't think he has the right body type to get much stronger/bulkier. I think they are called endomorphs (or is it ecto)? He'll always be thin, unfortunately. Push-around material.
    Posted by basketbert
    JJJ has a 7' 2'' wingspan.  That kind of asset has helped a lot of big men as long they use their athletic abilities intelligently.  For example: Varejaou, Hall of Famer McCale, young J. O'Neill (very thin but allstar quality). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

IS JuJuan Johnson a Key To The Future ?

HE BETTER BE !

MARSHON BROOKS WAS A CELTIC UNTIL DANNY (OUTSMARTED HIMSELF ?) TRADED HIM FOR JJ

I LOVE WHAT I'VE SEEN OF JJ JOHNSON SO FAR , EVEN SEMI ERDEN GOT 15 MINUTES A GAME FOR THE FIRST 40 GAMES LAST SEASON , I THINK JJ SHOULD PLAY AT LEAST 15 MINUTES A NIGHT , LET HIM TAKE A BEATING AND LETS SEE WHAT WE GOT... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Key to our future is a bit strong. Maybe a good complimentary player one day is more realistic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hes about as big as one Kevin Garnett was when he came into the league. he will be fine when he is on an NBA strength training regimen.

he has all the tools to be a piece.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

He'd be best used in an uptempo environment. He doesn't have the quickness and instincts of a Bosh or Garnett.

It'll be interesting to watch him do more than shoot jumpers. Being able to do so will set up some attacking moves to the hoop.

If nothing else, he should be a high effort 4 who can spread the floor and be a go-to scorer for a second unit.

He'd work out better as a starter with a Perk or better bruiser playing next to him, and he should be an above average help defender.

Great potential as a 2nd or 3rd option scorer though, up to 19 ppg in his prime, I'd guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like what I see, he could be a pretty good player but he definitely needs to get stronger.  He could be part of a trade package too.  Nothing wrong with acquiring assests, and Danny is pretty good at unearthing decent players toward the end of the 1st round and into the 2nd round of the draft. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If you groom him to be a 3 and part time 4 he doesnt need to get that stronger.

Look at Kevin Durant! Dude looks like a stick figure. You see him getting pushed around or not getting to where he wants on the floor?

The little time I've seen JJJ, he looked like he plays stronger than his build indicates. I've seen him get a rebound and go back up strong. He has the tools, just needs to get more p/t to figure out where his shots come from.

IF he worked hard on his ball handling he could be a deadly SF who would lock his man down,hustle, rebound, get put backs and knock down that 15 footer on the kick out. He also has an amazing turn around fall away from the baseline for a big man.

He sort of reminds me of a smaller Al Jefferson the way he has all those little half hooks around the basket. I think he is DEF. gonna be a player once he gets consistent minutes and IS a big part of the future here.......until Danny trades him....lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Could he possibly play the 3 spot?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Col-ey, I thought he was a 4 when I heard about him, but after watching him run and seeing his jumper, he could def. play some 3.

He doesnt have the ability to be a P.P. type 3, but look at others like Battier(no handle)  or Artest (no handle) who get away with it.

He isnt Durant, but just some basic dribble moves would get it done. He sure is athletic enough and can run with 3's.

I think you could go either way with him. He can defend 3 positions, but on offense he could bulk up to play the 4, or stay as he is and work on his handles to become a 4. I like him to be able to do both to keep us flexible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Col-ey, I thought he was a 4 when I heard about him, but after watching him run and seeing his jumper, he could def. play some 3. He doesnt have the ability to be a P.P. type 3, but look at others like Battier(no handle)  or Artest (no handle) who get away with it. He isnt Durant, but just some basic dribble moves would get it done. He sure is athletic enough and can run with 3's. I think you could go either way with him. He can defend 3 positions, but on offense he could bulk up to play the 4, or stay as he is and work on his handles to become a 4. I like him to be able to do both to keep us flexible.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

eh..idk about the 3..i think he is too stiff, not QUICK enough. he is fast, but not quick enough to do wat you need to do at the 3. KD is somehow able to move like a 2 in a 4's body, JJJ doesnt move like that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Like I said, not a traditional wing type 3, but there are players who play the 3 that are less athletic than he is.  I just dont know how strong your frontline is with him at the 4 starting.

Like I said, I like him more defensively as a 3 than anything but in spurts he could get away with it. Its no more crazy than thinking Rondo or Bradley can play the 2

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Like I said, not a traditional wing type 3, but there are players who play the 3 that are less athletic than he is.  I just dont know how strong your frontline is with him at the 4 starting. Like I said, I like him more defensively as a 3 than anything but in spurts he could get away with it. Its no more crazy than thinking Rondo or Bradley can play the 2
    Posted by JayShizzle45

thats true, i guess in spurts he can play the 3. the thing is he is still a developing rookie. nxt season, after a full training camp, a full offseason, you will start to see him develop his body. thats when we can get a better idea of what the guy is capable of.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Maybe Johnson would be able to play like Gallinari?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hopefully, dont know long his range his, but Galinari is almost 7 feet and can shoot outside the arc and has pretty good handles for a big.

I guess we'll have to see how he comes back next year. The C's are good at giving players instructions and direction in the offseason so we'll have to wait and see. If we can get a healthy J.Green back next year then I want to see JJJ bulk up some to play the 4 spot

Sections
Shortcuts