Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson?

In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? : KG keeping people in line is so far fetched... do you really fall for this crap? Like KG is gonna intimidate someone to do whats right..  That dont happen much in the NBA..these are grown men who are millionaires...  its not like it was 40 years ago when they made peanuts and had to tow the line or be out a job and no other way to support themselves.. Youre living in the past...   
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Yes, I fall for the crap!  I believe that focus and attitude make a difference and veteran leadership makes a difference.  KG's doesn't have the ability he used to have but he has the heart and desire and that teaches younger/rebel type players how to behave.  Yes, I think KG's attitude and approach keeps players in line and I believe Ray's work ethic shows younger players what hard work can accomplish.  

Not every bad boy will listen (JR Smith, for example won't listen to ANYONE), but others do listen.   Sorry, Karl, but I have to disagree with you on this particular point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i rather have tayshaun prince

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Arron Afflalo is a great player, can shoot and tough has nails on defense. Another player under the radar is Trevor Ariza. This guy is athletic, great at anticipation, and doesn't shrink under pressure. I also like Gary Neal of the Spurs. It takes a creative GM to find decent players that add chemistry to a team. It's easy to disrupt chemistry. The listed players are fine but require a strict disciplinarian to assure that they play team ball. That's JR's M.O. He's always been inconsistent and unwilling to play team ball. DeMarcus Cousins is a big that could be a player in the future with a good coach and environment. Get a diamond in the rough. The players I like are unavailable. What the Bulls did is simply lifted 3 of their current players from the Utah Jazz. That was key besides acquiring their coach. My Lakers need an effective guard and more consistent small forward. They should never have left Ariza go. Artest was AWOL all year and hurt the Lakers.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Exactly when I think of great players I think... Bird, Magic, Michael, LeBron, Afflalo.... not necessarily in that order.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? : KG keeping people in line is so far fetched... do you really fall for this crap? Like KG is gonna intimidate someone to do whats right..  That dont happen much in the NBA..these are grown men who are millionaires...  its not like it was 40 years ago when they made peanuts and had to tow the line or be out a job and no other way to support themselves.. Youre living in the past...   
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, exactly... that is why KG made Baby cry and all of a sudden Baby grew up to the degree that he has, and of course before KG showed up Perk was an intimidator.... absolutely in the past........  I don't set my snooze, I just get up.... but I understand nowadays you can set how many minutes between snoozes - it appears yours is set for 40 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? : This is not a repeat of Bird, McHale, and Parish because the contracts are expiring rather than them falling off due to injury.  KG's contract and Ray's contract expire at the end of next season along with JON's.  So, the C's will have something like $37M of cap space free up (and who knows what happens with the new labor agreement).  So, they will contend for a big name free agent and then they can resign one of these guys as an aging help player.   Add to that, the C's in this last trade picked up a couple of good draft choices (particularly the Clippers #1, top 10 protected) AND they can trade Krstic. Also, unlike the McHale, Bird, Parish era - we have some stars to build around - Rondo and Green being two of them.   The current ownership is completely different than the bums we had as owners and GMs in the 90's.  They actually WANT to win (witness trying to keep Doc who will help them attract top notch free agents).   C's future is much brighter than the doomsday predictors think!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

The reason they will have 37 million is because only 3 players will be under contract - I think the roster includes 15, let's see 37 divided by 12... blah blah blah.... stop the nonsense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]No, No and No! They are all too one dimensional and don't play a lick of defense. We need some perimeter defenders...Battier, Afflalo. We need a C or PF that boards...David West or DeAndre Jordan
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    agreed! any one of those 5 guys would be an upgrade. definitely would give battier  or affalo an instant look. would rather take either of them than re-sign the fat baby. for the 4 to backup a kg, would rather have pp or even troy murphy backing him up.. thats y i want p coming off the bench.. he is taller then bb and has the same rump size to battle down low but is a far superior athlete which doesnt really say much

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? : Yes, I fall for the crap!  I believe that focus and attitude make a difference and veteran leadership makes a difference.  KG's doesn't have the ability he used to have but he has the heart and desire and that teaches younger/rebel type players how to behave.  Yes, I think KG's attitude and approach keeps players in line and I believe Ray's work ethic shows younger players what hard work can accomplish.   Not every bad boy will listen (JR Smith, for example won't listen to ANYONE), but others do listen.   Sorry, Karl, but I have to disagree with you on this particular point.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Just curious but who exactly do you feel KG is keeping in line??  The implication is the fear of KG makes players do whats right and tow the line...  Who are we talkin about???

Baby? Yea, he cried some time ago, now hes mouthin off about how easy it is to cover Amare... how hes starter material and so on....

Rondo?? Tell me what KG is doing and what ROndo is being kept in line with.. just a few short weeks ago much of the banter was what a spoiled brat he is, taking games off etc..

JON, PP... care to explain??

Its nice to have that image in your head but in reality, it carries some weight but not to the extent you think. So without KG keeping the players (dont know who ur referring to) in line,  the house comes tumbling down.. Thats some indictment of your head coach... thought that was one of his primary jobs.

The team can do that job... if they all on the same page, and thats the only way it really works. 

I certainly can agree with your point that leading by example sets the tone and KG/Ray fit the bill for that... it helps but do you think all the other players are doing what Ray & KG do? Nope, they arent... nobody else getting TV time for showing up game day hours early shooting 500 jumpers... thats Ray all by himself..  Nice example he sets but nobody else is doing it..

I just wish I knew who KG was keeping in line on this team..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Who is the best guy out there that will take the MLE?  That's who I want.  If the idea is to rebuild post big 3, why add big contracts and limit flexibility, especially if there is no idea what the new CBA will look like? 

It will take two significant additions to put the Celtics back in the discussion for a deep playoff run.  It will be hard to get those guys and no hamper long term flexibility.  Tricky situation this, is Ainge going to take one more run at things, or blow it up?  Based on the early comments from Doc and DA, seems they're all in for next year. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? : Agree with you.  The only way the Celtics can change their roster this year is by trading some of their current players.  Not sure this will happen.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree.  I think that the Celtics ought to try to make moves before the new CBA prevents big-name free agents from hitting free agency with a franchise tag type mechanism

My intuition tells me that LeBron and Bosh blew it for everyone else - there will be some form of NFL style franchise tag in the new CBA, and that Howard and CP3 will be the lucky recipients thereof

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? : David West is just tall as Jeff Green and is not known for rebounding.  DeAndre Jordan is a restricted free-agent that will ask for what Perk got from OKC, 8-9m per year. Battier is old and will not help solve the Celtics' rebounding problem. Afflalo is also a restricted free-agent. Not worth sacrificing the Celts' salary cap flexibility for 2012.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

David West tore his ACL last year.  He has a player option this year and he will be picking it up.  He is not available as a free agent.

Does anybody know the rules regarding players un-retiring to be included in deals?  I don't understand why Rasheed Wallace continues to show on Boston's payroll.

If New Orleans is interested in payroll flexibility, Boston could propose to take David West and Chris Paul for Rondo, Sheed's contract and and a sign and trade for Baby.  New Orleans can buy out Sheed to get around $10M lower payroll.  That should give them some flexibility to rebuild while having some good pieces in place.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Sorry to say this guys, but the next time we are in the mix for the ring, KG, Pierce and Ray, won't be part of the team!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? :  New Orleans will do everything to convince CP3 not to leave. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I don't see them succeeding.  They have a high enough payroll and just don't have the players or the spending ability to allow CP3 to win.  He is going.  The only question is where to?

Of-course, he has a $17.8M option for 2012-13.  I don't think he will ge that kind of a contract elsewhere.  He stays only if he badly wants money over winning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If the CBA decides on a hard cap they will not be able to make it for next year... or else they will have to give the teams the ability to drop overpaid players w/ no finanacial concersn... like the rule they made like 6 years back that helped us dump Vin Baker.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I agree that if they institute a hard cap they would have to give teams the ability to restructure contracts to account for the lower cap.  Many teams wouldn't be able to be able to sign new players or free agents if they were already over the cap.  This issue would have to be addressed and adjusted for in some manner. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]No, No and No! They are all too one dimensional and don't play a lick of defense. We need some perimeter defenders...Battier, Afflalo. We need a C or PF that boards...David West or DeAndre Jordan
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Do you think Aaron Gray can step up to starters minutes; he projects to 15.5 rebounds per 48 minutes? Think will be less bidding for this guy and I think he's fundamentally a pretty decent player. Think they need a big center who can board AND an athletic power forward who can board. Think Green and Delonte can provide help on the perimeter although another long SF would be nice as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford or JR Smith or Jason Richardson? : Is DeAndre Jordan a free agent...  now I think that would be an excellent athletic type to bring on the team and I think he ha loads of upside.
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

I live in LA and I see all of the Clipper games. I agree with you the DeAndre would be a great addition even if he asks for Perk's money as someone suggested.  He is way more athletic than Perk on both ends of the court. He and Rondo would be awesome together.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

do not need a guard. we need a center and a PF take many rebounds and 3 0 4 block per game.

STARTING LINE UP
    PG: RONDO
    SG: RA
    SF: PP
    PF: KG
    C: ...........

BENCH
    PG: A. BRADLEY
    SG: DELONTE WEST
    SF: J. GREEN
    PF:..............
    C: JON