Jamal Crawford to back-up Rondo, Ray and Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jamal Crawford to back-up Rondo, Ray and Pierce

Green can back-up Pierce and K.G. mostly.

Don't know if we can get him. He is better than Ron Harper ( MJ's Bulls starting PG)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Jamal Crawford to back-up Rondo, Ray and Pierce

What would it take to get him? he is a player   And what would we do with West ?  if we can keep west

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I look forward to seeing Bradley and West on the floor together

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford to back-up Rondo, Ray and Pierce:
    What would it take to get him? he is a player   And what would we do with West ?  if we can keep west
    Posted by maryngary

Love D West. Just misses too many games. He is a 2mil a year guy max. So if he can take that, he should be great here.

Depth with multipositional players is ideal. You play whoever has it going, and sit whoever is having a bad game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I look forward to seeing Bradley and West on the floor together
    Posted by arodrambone

Look at Dallas. There's room for everybody. The flip side is that if they are all too good to keep, we have trade bait.

It only makes the franchise better, not a problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How do we get Jamal Crawford again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

ATL doesn't want to pay Crawford.  He's already said he would love to play in BOS.  We would need to offer him the full MLE - for about 3 years, I think.  But then, we would HAVE to trade or draft well - or.....gulp.....re-sign Baby!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Why does everyone love Delonte west hes not even a good back up pg.
    Posted by xxcodyfxx

Cause if Lebron had Delonte's passion, the finals would be over already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

In Response to Jamal Crawford to back-up Rondo, Ray and Pierce:
    Green can back-up Pierce and K.G. mostly. Don't know if we can get him. He is better than Ron Harper ( MJ's Bulls starting PG)
    Posted by DaCeltics

The title of your thread makes it seems that Boston already obtained Crawford.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sign Baby and trade for Crawford?  Crawford is how old thirty?  He could be a difference maker but we still need a banger more than anything.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Jamal Crawford to back-up Rondo, Ray and Pierce : The title of your thread makes it seems that Boston already obtained Crawford.
    Posted by icnd

No it doesn't!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Sign Baby and trade for Crawford?  Crawford is how old thirty?  He could be a difference maker but we still need a banger more than anything.  
    Posted by concord27

We don't have to TRADE for Crawford, he is a UFA.  He could sign for up to the MLE (5.6?), or try to get a better offer someplace else.  I agree we need a banger, and that is why I hope and  pray that Davis will agree to a sign-and trade someplace -  - - - -
    My hope is this - WAS wants to draft Kanter - they already have McGhee, Lewis and Blatche.
    My "plan" - purely hypothetical, of course - Baby made 3 this year.  Get him to agree to 5 mill for two years.....Blatche is signed for 5 mill for FOUR years, and has possibly worn out his welcome in WAS.  Baby can compete with Kanter, McGhee and Lewis for a starting job, and then when WAS cuts him loose in 2 years, they save 10 mill.
    We get Blatche, who could work with KG, can play 4 or 5, rebound and block shots.
    A match made in Heaven??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Jamal Crawford to back-up Rondo, Ray and Pierce : We don't have to TRADE for Crawford, he is a UFA.  He could sign for up to the MLE (5.6?), or try to get a better offer someplace else.  I agree we need a banger, and that is why I hope and  pray that Davis will agree to a sign-and trade someplace -  - - - - My hope is this - WAS wants to draft Kanter - they already have McGhee, Lewis and Blatche. My "plan" - purely hypothetical, of course - Baby made 3 this year.  Get him to agree to 5 mill for two years.....Blatche is signed for 5 mill for FOUR years, and has possibly worn out his welcome in WAS.  Baby can compete with Kanter, McGhee and Lewis for a starting job, and then when WAS cuts him loose in 2 years, they save 10 mill. We get Blatche, who could work with KG, can play 4 or 5, rebound and block shots. A match made in Heaven??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Blatche is puh c. Baby for  DeAndre Jordan would be an even steven trade.
    Not similar players, but similar value.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

D. West is a very good NBA player and with a bit of luck on the injury side, which all players in the NBA need, he might just turn out to be our Crawford.  Crawford is a stud player and could play both 1 and 2.  Glen Davis is a valuable player and the Celts will try to retain him, because they know his value, if they can't he would most likely agree to a sign and trade but we would be hard pressed to get a player like him and that player start next season with a fraction of the knowledge Glen has about out def and off.  Truth is we need a center that is athletic and agressive.  If we get Crawford it would be a plus but not what we haft to have which is a center. If we can get him and a  good center more power to us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I don't think there's any way the LAC deal Jordan for BBD. I wish but he's got too much upside and it would also be really tough to make the numbers work because he's got a rookie contract. They might swing a deal for Kaman but at $11+ MM, BBD would need to get a big bump and/or the C's would prob need to throw someone else in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

One rumor is Kaman for Iguadola, so I doubt we can get Kaman!

How about Haywood - Chandler would be better, but NO WAY DAL lets him go!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

It looks like Haywood is signed with DAL for awhile at a reasonable $6 MM per, so I don't think they would dump him. Chandler is a UFA but is coming off one of his better years and thus way out of the Celts' price range. Plus, any discounts he grants would prob be for the Mavs.

Like Wyc said a couple weeks ago, there are a lot of bad contracts out there, so I think the Celts may have to take one or two on in order to get a player DA & Doc covet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think Crawford is going to get more the the mid-level exception offerred. I love his offensive game, but I just think his value is more than the C's can offer this season. Next summer the C's should be well under the salary cap as K.G's and R.A's contracts expire. Who knows, maybe Danny can entice a quality player for the mid-level exception this summer.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Crawford is a good idea, however I think there's greater need at center, where the Celtics could try to lure Greg Oden or Yao Ming. Neither of those centers would be great fits because of their injury history, but the Celtics don't have a lot of money to offer. They just have to hope to get lucky in the healthy department.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Greg Oden is worth a gamble if the price is reasonable. I think that Yao is beyond hope with his severe foot problems. Just speculation, but I think his career is finished. Bill Walton had the same problems and came back as well as Big Z, but I just don't have a good feeling with Yao's chances.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts