James Harden Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: James Harden Traded

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They must think that Lamb, Maynor, Martin and PJIII can carry the slack.  That is still a nice bench!!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, and the Lakers road to the Finals just got that much easier. Have a wonderful night!

[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that!!!  You'll need it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i would never give him that contract...that's insane.

[/QUOTE]

OKC must be regretting the decision to give Jeff Green instead of James Harden to the Celts. 

Danny wanted Harden.

[/QUOTE]
    Yes he did!! Another dodged bullet...whew!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They must think that Lamb, Maynor, Martin and PJIII can carry the slack.  That is still a nice bench!!

[/QUOTE]

that is a nice bench..and martin can light it up....the guy can score.

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Martin is a major downgrade for OKC, but nice try.  Just another poor, small market franchise. They had their chance and blew it last year.  

[/QUOTE]

straight from the small brain...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

have you not watched Green in the pre season??? What questions...geezz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OKC must be regretting the decision to give Jeff Green instead of James Harden to the Celts. 

Danny wanted Harden.

[/QUOTE]

good...because i love jeff green....and to tell you the truth..i don't even think harden is that good..thats just me...did you see that team fold when they played the heat...it pissed me off.

[/QUOTE]

HARDEN was the one on OKC who folded in the finals.  and guess what?  he's only 22.  that happens.  magic folded in some crucial situations when he was 25 or older.  it happens.

however, harden has NOT just had major heart surgery following several years of meager performanance as a rebounder at your position, whether the position be 3 or 4......  kind of like comparing apples to donkey crap.

IS harden worth 52M?  right now, who knows.  far less of a dossier of NBA work to know.  he was strongly ascendant before the choke job in the finals.  6th man of the year material if i'm not mistaken.  green coming off of heart surgery at age 26/27 is a different deal than harden.  for green to be "worth" the money we signed him to he has got to rebound like he never did before and be at least as good as he was before in every other aspect in his game.  tall order for a guy coming off of heart surgery

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny wanted Harden.

[/QUOTE]

good...because i love jeff green....and to tell you the truth..i don't even think harden is that good..thats just me...did you see that team fold when they played the heat...it pissed me off.

[/QUOTE]

HARDEN was the one on OKC who folded in the finals.  and guess what?  he's only 22.  that happens.  magic folded in some crucial situations when he was 25 or older.  it happens.

however, harden has NOT just had major heart surgery following several years of meager performanance as a rebounder at your position, whether the position be 3 or 4......  kind of like comparing apples to donkey crap.

IS harden worth 52M?  right now, who knows.  far less of a dossier of NBA work to know.  he was strongly ascendant before the choke job in the finals.  6th man of the year material if i'm not mistaken.  green coming off of heart surgery at age 26/27 is a different deal than harden.  for green to be "worth" the money we signed him to he has got to rebound like he never did before and be at least as good as he was before in every other aspect in his game.  tall order for a guy coming off of heart surgery

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious??

[/QUOTE]

that's what i was thinking...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Me thinks 54 mill 4 yrs is very good mula for some one that choked in the finals..Now if they had won it all,  and carried them, then different story...They got good return for him and future draft picks...not bad..They can still make a trade if needed....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly...green is going to do damage...the guy is healthy...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The only questions I have of Green, is will he be a cadidate for 6th man, or as all star...as far as the heart condition, Im not qualified for that...but the man is all heart for coming back..

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I think it's a good deal for OKC.  People seem to think OKC got fleeced, but I think it's a good deal.  Harden was a ghost in the finals....and I thought he was overrated to begin with.  Kevin Martin can light it up - not a bad offensive player at all and cheaper.  Houston is a franchise in total meltdown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly...green is going to do damage...the guy is healthy...

[/QUOTE]

nope, i haven't watched the pre season. i can't.  but for green to return to the league to play 30 mins a night after heart surgery and not seeing any aspects of his game diminished- he'd be the first to do so.  turiaf and etan thomas were never the same again.  they were probably lesser players to start out with and at different positions but they never did what they did before the surgery after the surgery. 

we shall see.  we just locked up 4 yrs into an unknown quantity.  some pre season games don't exactly tell all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny wanted Harden.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I would bet tha Green is a whole lot closer to being worth his contract than Harden is to being worth his new one.  Harden is not a franchise player.  A very good player yes, but franchise no.  We will see how good he is when he is playing against starters and not bench players.  Again I know he is a good player.

Would you please get off the heart surgery crap.  Its obvious you don't know much about it.  I am certain that the C's got some feedback from some heart doctors.  Now tell me,  do you know more about what can be expected from someone returning from heart surgery than a heart surgeon?   didn't think so.   I am pretty sure I know more about it than you and i don't know a ton.  But then again I have had that surgery so I can actually speak from experience on it.  Now where do you get your info?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This shouldn't be a discussion about Green and Harden.  OKC a frontrunner for a title just traded a key player a few days before the season started. Just the enormity of the trade seems crazy.  They offered Harden 13 million and he risked being traded from a blue chip team to a square one team.  He must be crazy or very stupid.  OKC is risking a lot here.  Hope we get some details that explain this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yes, Martin is a nice player.  He is averaging 16.5 pts in the pre-season.(And the lakers wanted him in the summer for Bynum....if memory serves)  But, let us not forget that the Thunder also got Jeremy Lamb in this deal.  The Rockets had 3 picks in the first round, and Lamb was their first pick.  He averaged 6 ppg in the pre-season.........that is an average of 22.7 points that the Thunder got for the Beard.

The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games last year.  Our bench was Dooling, Pietrus, Daniels, Hollins and Steamer.  We replaced it with Barbosa/Bradley, Terry, Green, Bass (before season is over), Wilcox/Darko/Collins/Melo.....MAJOR upgrades.

Similarly, the Thunder, already one of the youngest teams in the leauge, made it to the Finals with a bench of (basically) Fisher, Harden and Collison.   They have replaced that with Maynor, Lamb, Martin, PJIII (9.8 ppg pre-season) and Collison.  MAJOR upgrade.  This team is scary. Perspective - Perk is the elder stateman on the team with 9 years in the league, followed by Martin!

Last but not least,  one of the picks they acquried is TORONTO'S.....it's top 3 protected!!!!

Who got the better of this deal.................the Western Conference Champs....again!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Harden was the change of pace guy for OKC. Without Harden, OKC is just a jump shooting team.

When Harden came in, he was the playmaker, allowing Westbrook to score and not worry about assists.

Kevin Martin is just another scorer. While he's a very good player, he's not good a fit for OKC. I mean there's no way Martin is going to average 20ppg in OKC. It's like OKC just became the Knicks of the west.

[/QUOTE]

Respectfully disagree - they have upgraded at two positions off the bench, and downgraded slightly at 1.  We don't know yet about Lamb or PJII, butt they could both be very good.   Let's not forget this team had Derek Fisher with its' second unit last year, and now has Eric Maynor.  I don't think they've lost a step at all.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

OKC gambled with its chances for a title this year.  As far as personnel they got a lot for him.  With all the players they got they even got a very likely lottery pick as well.   But winning a title seems pretty important for them. There chances are a little less now this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I have to acknowledge Sam Presti's balls.  He has traded away Harden but has acquired multiple trade chips.  A large expiring contract, multiple first round picks, high 2nd. round pick.  OKC is in a great position to make a mid-season trade to address their needs.  They can upgrade in the back court and/or in the front court.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!  Haters deny the evidence and the guy has produced the evidence of what he's capable of and he's showed that the heart surgery has not slowed him down!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Harden reportedly rejected the Thunder's offer of 52m for 4 years.

And we're complaining about Jeff Green's 36m for 4 years?

Ugh!

[/QUOTE]

When Danny had extended Rondo, people had questioned the decision.  Then next year, with contract frenzy landing max contracts for Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay, they were praising him.  Right now it is in vogue to criticize Jeff Green's contract.  I am looking forward to people labling Danny as astute for signing him next year.

[/QUOTE]

When the strike was hot and heavy, many fans said that it was the players who were the cause of teams' payrolls being too high and them losing money.  I contended (and still do) that the GM's and Owners had very little discipline and kept giving away dumb contracts.   If they showed discipline, no one would pay WAY too much form second and third tier players.   

But, once again, owners are going to show they have too little discipline.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Aaah! OKC may have the inside track to acquire Josh Smith if Atlanta decides to blow it up some more.  They have the expiring contract and a ton of draft picks.  Things are going to get very intersting.