James Harden Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: James Harden Traded

I taped PTI last night and just watched it....not sure if this has already been mentioned on this thread....according to the show the final offer was for $55.5M......the highest he could've gotten was about $60M....and they gave him one hour to decide.....evidently Harden wanted out and the team is glad he said no thanks...

if this is true, it is just another reason that I hate today's sports from a fan's point of view...free agents can just force their way out of town and form their own teams (see LeBron & Bosh in Miami, and Mello in NYC)...

Teams can just outbid other teams (see Lakers and Knicks.....much like the Yankees do in baseball) 

small market teams struggle.....athletes get more money.....to me, this atmosphere turns me off....I'm still a fan but I no longer care as much as I once did...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Maybe your team will win TWO games in the second round this year - that would be a huge improvement!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Maybe your team will win TWO games in the second round this year - that would be a huge improvement!!

If it ain't a championship, nothing is an improvement, kiddo. Laker fans unlike Celtics fans are used to winning on a consistent basis and therefore, we expect a lot out of our team. Celtic fans brag about losing in the Eastern conference finals. Clearly, there is no winning tradition that can be rememebered and embraced by Celtic fans. It is really sad, but hey, I guess only 1 title in a 26 year span will do that to a fanbase. Have a blessed day!

I remember it very well.  In fact, the "championship or bust" motto was invented by the Celitcs.  It was the LAKERS who started putting up all the "made the Finals and lost" banners in the Forum, while we only hung World Titles.  That has since changed, but, once again, a Red idea stolen by the lakers!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If it ain't a championship, nothing is an improvement, kiddo. Laker fans unlike Celtics fans are used to winning on a consistent basis and therefore, we expect a lot out of our team. Celtic fans brag about losing in the Eastern conference finals. Clearly, there is no winning tradition that can be rememebered and embraced by Celtic fans. It is really sad, but hey, I guess only 1 title in a 26 year span will do that to a fanbase. Have a blessed day!

I remember it very well.  In fact, the "championship or bust" motto was invented by the Celitcs.  It was the LAKERS who started putting up all the "made the Finals and lost" banners in the Forum, while we only hung World Titles.  That has since changed, but, once again, a Red idea stolen by the lakers!!

Nice way to deflect the 1 title in 26 year fact.  I don't blame you though, as that has to be quite embarassing. Luckily as a Laker fan, I have never been faced with such an occurence. 1 TITLE IN TWENTY-SIX YEARS.... Ouch!!!! Hope you have a great day and good luck tonight with the Heat. 

:D

Not deflecting anything, just pointing out obvious flaws in your arguments.  Why don't you go taunt Knicks fans............it's been longer than 26 years since they've won ONE!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

today's Laker fans do expect to win and good for them!......years ago their fans could only wish for that success.....but they couldn't get past Boston....in fact, it took almost a generation before they did....

sports has changed so much....as I said, I'm still a fan...but not quite as driven....I've been fortunate to have been able to enjoy the tremendous success the Celtics had for over 40 years in a row.....and now, their rebirth as a championship calibre franchise...the younger fans haven't been as fortunate...

during the first years of free agency in MLB, I realized that the game had changed....believe it or not, even though I remain a Yankee hater, I no longer care when they are fortunate enough to buy a title....it used to bother me....not anymore.....it is what it is....this is the new era in sports...where another two or three million dollars can be enough to make an athlete walk away.....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

today's Laker fans do expect to win and good for them!......years ago their fans could only wish for that success.....but they couldn't get past Boston....in fact, it took almost a generation before they did....

sports has changed so much....as I said, I'm still a fan...but not quite as driven....I've been fortunate to have been able to enjoy the tremendous success the Celtics had for over 40 years in a row.....and now, their rebirth as a championship calibre franchise...the younger fans haven't been as fortunate...

during the first years of free agency in MLB, I realized that the game had changed....believe it or not, even though I remain a Yankee hater, I no longer care when they are fortunate enough to buy a title....it used to bother me....not anymore.....it is what it is....this is the new era in sports...where another two or three million dollars can be enough to make an athlete walk away.....

Great post, Duke!!  There is no loyalty among players anymore, that is the part that disappoints me.  My apathy started with Mo Vaughn.........and continues right up through Ray Allen!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yep.....the athletes don't really care anymore.....so, why should I? ......what the kids on this board don't realize is that I've seen it from all sides over the years and it's all good.......I lived the Celtic glory years......which engulfed the Lakers fans' greatest nightmare....our young friend asked me if I know the definition of a generation......and yes, I do.....it is generally considered 30 years (look it up)...Boston's glory years went from the late 1950's through the early 1990's....a period of almost 40 years.... now they are back....and it's still good..... 17 still trumps 16... 9-3 is an absolute blowout....and winning all the titles in the same city during the Modern NBA (shot clock era).....well Hedley, that is the clincer my friend...!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I guess I forgot to say......umm...let's see....

"thanks for playing"

"have a blessed day"

am I forgetting anything...?   ......just kidding boys.....sometimes I get caught up in all of the trolling shenanigans too....sorry

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts