James Posey?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: James Posey?

A definete yes! Danny should have re-signed Posey in 2008.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Posey fits in very well with Boston's needs.  His game may not fit well with many other teams, but fits very well with Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have not seen him play in three years.  The old Posey might be just old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: James Posey?:
    For vet's minimum, yes.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Agree that if he can be signed for a reasonable salary than it is definitely a good idea.  Even if he doesn't get much playing time, he already knows the Celtics system and would be available if anyone is injured.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Playing Posey instead of developing young talent on the fly? Given that the two kids are 4-year college players, I'd have to go with youth up to the playoffs. But having Posey available when the inevitable injury occurs, yes, that would be great. Posey's defense is what I'd want more than his shooting in the playoffs, but the threes would be a bonus. He's older but cooler in the clutch than most if not all of the current bench players.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Basically, from what I've read, we think Sasha or Posey is a wash!  And we already have Sasha!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

As long as none of us have any illusions he is anywhere near the player he was last time he wore green. Some folks in this forum are very nostalgic. He'd largely warm the bench now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The body might be older but as long as  the clutch still works!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

In Response to Re: James Posey?:
    Posey fits in very well with Boston's needs.  His game may not fit well with many other teams, but fits very well with Boston.
    Posted by prakash

I disagree.  Boston's needs are young and cheap with upside, or 7'-0" and experienced.  They have no other needs.  Posey fits neither of them.

Sections
Shortcuts