James Young will be better than Andrew Wiggins in the end.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

James Young will be better than Andrew Wiggins in the end.

He has a better shot(which is the big #1 reason)

He has MUCH LESS PRESSURE on his shoulders.

He is a better penetrator and finisher.

He seems to play big in big games unlike Wiggins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: James Young will be better than Andrew Wiggins in the end.

Hey! Something we could actually agree upon!

I've always thought Wiggins has huge bust potential. He, to me, is gonna be the next Green. Way too inconsistent.

Young has immense upisde

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Heck Joe don't encourage him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

My friend thinks wiggins will be a total bust.  I guess we'll see.  I think he's going to be pretty good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heck Joe don't encourage him!

[/QUOTE]

I know I know! but this one ACTUALLY makes decent sense lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't know about that, but i think he will be better than Marcus Smart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know about that, but i think he will be better than Marcus Smart.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that one. Marcus will push for rookie of the year. Young still needs to develop the skills and mindset Smart already has the lead on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Which is why, if I had the number 1 pick I'd have traded back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree I wouldn't have taken Wiggins, but I would have taken Parker, and strongly considered Embiid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah, Parker

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has a better shot(which is the big #1 reason)

He has MUCH LESS PRESSURE on his shoulders.

He is a better penetrator and finisher.

He seems to play big in big games unlike Wiggins.

[/QUOTE]

Watch a few scouting videos on him and you might want to rethink that. He needs A LOT of work and some of the things he lacks are god given. Though....on the flip side he sort of reminds me of a left handed Paul Pierce. He's got a good stroke. He's strong and can finish with contact but he will need to get a lot better on his ball handling, just like Pierce needed to when he came in or else he will be a turnover machine. I'm just not sure he has the BBall iq that Pierce had.....we will see

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I was hoping Young might be Calbert Cheaney EARLY in his career......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

James Young has the lateral movement of Acie Earl and for someone not 7 feet tall.....NO BUENO!!!

Really hope I'm wrong but I see a strictly one handed, spot up shooter who has little to no defensive purpose. If he had trouble creating space in college for his own shot, NBA defenders will have no trouble taking away his already lacking play off the dribble. At best if he works on the one legged kick form on his jumper and learns to use angles to make up for his lack of lateral movement on the defensive end, he may become a situational 3 pt threat. On the bright side, he is young and will have time to learn and hopefully make me eat my words. After all he is a Celtic and I'd rather be wrong about calling a bust than writing an "I told you so!"

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Lest anyone forgets, Young is....young - still 18.  How many people are fulling formed in any way at 18? The mind doesn't mature until around 25, so he has time to learn just about anything. The main thing on which to concentrate is how well he performed in truly big games for Kentucky .  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I'm going to disagree with a lot of you here.

I like James Young. He's very polished for someone that's only 18 years old. But he has a long way to go and doesn't have nearly the skill set of Wiggins. He's much slower, plays below the rim (in comparison with Wiggins), and his defense isn't nearly as good (even though there is room for improvement). I think he can be a good second/third option on a good team. If he turns into a left-handed Paul Pierce then Danny hit the lottery. 

I also would have taken Wiggins number one overall. Parker is a heck of a scorer, but Wiggins is actually a more diverse one. Exhibit A: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nba-draft-illustrated-shot-charts-for-the-lottery-picks/" rel="nofollow">http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nba-draft-illustrated-shot-charts-for-the-lottery-picks/ proves that (Goldsberry does it again). If you look at Wiggins' chart versus Parker's, Wiggins is not only more efficient at the rim, which gets you to the line, but he also took more shots in different spots on the floor. Jabari seems to have a few sweet spots where he's comfortable. Now, you have to assume Parker is going to increase his range. But you can see Wiggins "is the most versatile and creative scorer in the draft."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Young is very young.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ive posted a few times that I never understood the hype over Wiggins since his HS days.. His one year in college ball was nothing spectacular or even star quality.  If the dude didnt come to college with all the Lebron like hype from HS, I doubt he'd be on anyones radar for a top ten pick.

Im just not impressed and look forward to seeing how he does next season in the pros