January Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: January Predictions

In Response to January Predictions:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics have 16 games in January, I think the Celtics can go 10-6 or 11-5 at best. Anyone who thinks otherwise is free to post his or her prediction.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Not sure how many games they will lose, but I believe it depends on how long KG and Rondo are out.  If Rondo, and/or Delonte are back for most of these games we should win more games than if neither of them are playing.  If KG is out for the entire month, we will lose more games than if he is back and healthy
    for a couple of weeks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Predicting games this month would be foolish. The team is using guys that should be in the D-L. There is no way to tell what rotations Doc will use from game to game. The best thing is they are at home a lot but that didn't help yesterday.

Who would've known a month ago that Harangody would be the backup PF off the bench or we'd be relying on Quis to play some PG. This is why I always bring up CONTINGENCY PLANS but some of you...ahem P34, think no moves should even be thought of at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: January Predictions:
    [QUOTE]In Response to January Predictions : Not sure how many games they will lose, but I believe it depends on how long KG and Rondo are out.  If Rondo, and/or Delonte are back for most of these games we should win more games than if neither of them are playing.  If KG is out for the entire month, we will lose more games than if he is back and healthy for a couple of weeks. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

That's why this is tricky, the injuries will be big factor determining how the Celtics will fare in January.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Predicting games this month would be foolish. The team is using guys that should be in the D-L. There is no way to tell what rotations Doc will use from game to game. The best thing is they are at home a lot but that didn't help yesterday. Who would've known a month ago that Harangody would be the backup PF off the bench or we'd be relying on Quis to play some PG. This is why I always bring up CONTINGENCY PLANS but some of you...ahem P34, think no moves should even be thought of at this point.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You can't even read a simple thread title. It says "January Predictions", are you having trouble understanding English? 

I say Celtics will end up 10-6 or 11-5. How about you, BiasLewis, you have the guts to make a prediction?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

What contingency plans? Everyone on our team is expected to be back healthy by next month. Cant make new plans expecting injuries... we already have great depth.

What can you do.. a trade? Well, we cant trade an injured player and trading a healthy player is just a swap.. so what specifically are you thinking?

IMO, we have a solid team 1-10.. nobody is out longer than maybe a few weeks.. so why do anything?

Would be interested in hearing what moves you think would be warranted 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34, I'm not foolish enough to make a prediction like 10-6 or 11-5 with a depleted roster. We have home games which will help some of the younger guys and the crowd may help win some of those games.

Karllost, a GM always has to have contingency plans. He has guys in mind IF we get another injury. It doesn't mean we go out and trade right now. One more injury and Ainge will have to bring someone in. What you expect Lue to start dressing? Contingency plans are looking at street FAs, DLers, etc.

This is also a time to see who can play in what situations and evaluate who to trade if Ainge wants to make a move by the break. Remember last year Ainge kept saying "we're fine I like us when healthy and then bam he trades for Nate"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: January Predictions : You can't even read a simple thread title. It says "January Predictions", are you having trouble understanding English?  I say Celtics will end up 10-6 or 11-5. How about you, BiasLewis, you have the guts to make a prediction?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Ah, this guy has the nerves to tell people they can't read simple thread titles when you're the biggest Imbecile on this board to ever reply to REAL threads with more in depth analysis on the subject besides your Dumb one liners. If anything, the guy is trying to help YOU out by making sense out of what you posted.

You can't even write, so how the pfhuck is someone supposed to fully understand what you're saying with a thread that is only 2 lines, lmao, so funny, i got a chuckle out of that. P34, you're truly a phuking idiot. Its a new year man, enroll in a community college class or at an adult learning center for a writing and english course or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I can see making a trade if we're gonna be short handed for a long period. Like if KG was out for season or 2-3 months... or if we couldnt put more than 8-9 players on the floor.

I understand we always have to suppose "what if"..  but we're not at that point .. I dont see any trades coming with the current situation.   If something more serious occurrs... id understand.

Not sure if youre advocating something should be in the works for right now or down the road if more problems pop up 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Karlost I'm usually with you and enjoy your posts. On the "we're not at that point" throws me off. I think we're approaching that point...not of trades, but of picking up street FAs. Do they even have enough good bodies to hold a decent practice without killing the guys that we're relying on right now?

As Doc said "guys need to step IN, not UP". Meaning you can't start doing things you normally don't do...ahem BBD taking 3's. I wouldn't want to have to rush guys back but Doc is probably hoping to just complete games without getting dinged again. Every game is going to be a dogfight now just because of the depth issues. First off the bigs need to establish a inside presence. PP and RA will not be able to be effective if we don't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

OK, I get you now. I thought you wanted to make a trade but if we can pick up a FA that fits a need, I agree with that. We could use the bodies in the near term... and who knows later on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let's see if Harangody can continue to improve. This kid is very smart on the court and hits open shots.  Use him Doc until he shows he is not ready.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

13-3 or 12-4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

With Rondo back and healthy I think Toine has it right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

With Rondo back and healthy I think Toine has it right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Celtics have a lot of home games in January.  Even with the injuries they should be ok.  Please don't rush back Rondo or KG if they are not ready. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

doesnt matter. this team will make the playoffs and when they do watch out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'll go with 10-6.  As far as big games in January, I think we'll lose to the Bulls and Spurs and beat Orlando, LA, and Utah.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Hey Bias, 

What happened to your best buddy celtsboy11?

HAHAHA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, I'm not foolish enough to make a prediction like 10-6 or 11-5 with a depleted roster. We have home games which will help some of the younger guys and the crowd may help win some of those games. Karllost, a GM always has to have contingency plans. He has guys in mind IF we get another injury. It doesn't mean we go out and trade right now. One more injury and Ainge will have to bring someone in. What you expect Lue to start dressing? Contingency plans are looking at street FAs, DLers, etc. This is also a time to see who can play in what situations and evaluate who to trade if Ainge wants to make a move by the break. Remember last year Ainge kept saying "we're fine I like us when healthy and then bam he trades for Nate"
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with making a prediction?

Some of the people here are going with 12-4 or 13-3. Are you afraid of being wrong again?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Bias,  What happened to your best buddy celtsboy11? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

LOL

He went "POOF" like David Blaine!

Good riddance. Who wants to read homophobic slurs and expletives in every post??

I'm pretty sure kids read these blogs also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: January Predictions : LOL He went "POOF" like David Blaine! Good riddance. Who wants to read homophobic slurs and expletives in every post?? I'm pretty sure kids read these blogs also.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I'm also pretty sure celtsboy11 is one of those kids. As in celtsboy11 years old.

HAHAHA!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If we can just add all our players back to health this month I'll be happy

Rondo back Monday or Tuesday in limited mins and full force for the SA game on the 5th

KG and Perk both back 1/12 vs Sacramento or 1/14 vas. Charlotte and @ full strength for Orlando on the 17th

DWest back 1/23 @ home vs Cleveland and then ready to role out west with us at the end of the month

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

12-4 would be great with Miami losing 3 games this month so we stay ahead of them in the standings.

The Heat have these tough games:

Bucks
    @ Portland
    @ Denver
    @ Bucks
    @ Chicago
    @ NYK
    Atlanta
    @ OKC

If they can just go 5-3 in those games ad we stay 1 game ahead of them entering Feb it will be GREAT.

Full health and splitting the last 2 reg season games with Miami could allow us to steal the 1 seed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]12-4 would be great with Miami losing 3 games this month so we stay ahead of them in the standings. The Heat have these tough games: Bucks @ Portland @ Denver @ Bucks @ Chicago @ NYK Atlanta @ OKC If they can just go 5-3 in those games ad we stay 1 game ahead of them entering Feb it will be GREAT. Full health and splitting the last 2 reg season games with Miami could allow us to steal the 1 seed
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Rameakap,  I only see two tough games on that list. Chicago being one without one of their best players.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them win all but one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont think some of the weak teams on our schedule will be automatic wins, they wont. We're likely to lose 6 or more games because we are not the Boston Celtics right now.

I think Shaq is gonna play limited minutes cause he leg is still bothering him.. maybe even sit out.  If you look at our bench right now, its horrible.

An injured Semi (perhaps JO if Shaq plays), Quis, Luke, AB & Wafer... three rookies, Wafer is a ?  and Quis, perhaps our only reliable player off the bench.

Then Nate starting at PG where hes had some success when Rondo first went down but not lately.... Baby at PF, who's now taking more fall away jumpers and even 3's... an injured Shaq who isnt the same since his calf injury  and/or a bit ? JO

If we go 10-6 Id be thrilled

Sections
Shortcuts