Jared Sullinger: A true Celtic already?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Jared Sullinger: A true Celtic already?

Sully's low past game is better suited to KG's face the basket offensive game than Bass's as well.

I see Sully winning that job by 2013, although he probably won't dominate to our highest expectations... I'd see him as an 18 minute 10/5 the first half of the season and a 26 minute 14/7 the second half.

Once Avery is healthy, and assuming the Sully I see is the one we get, would you trade him and Courtney Lee to the Jazz for Millsap, a known quantity 18/8 better prepared to help in this 2 year window, but maybe not better than Sully by 2015? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I think (hope) Sully is a keeper.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Love to see Milsap in Green...to be PP replacement...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

worse case would seem to be big baby with 2 more boards a game b/c of his 7'2" wingspan

Fortson was a brutish rebound machine without any of the polish down low that Sully already has, Fortson was never more than an 11 point per game guy, washed up quick, I hope Sully at his worst is a 14/7 for 8-9 years and at his best is an 18/9

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Looking forward to this preseason.  Starting over sea's and away from distractions like they did in they're championship run season.  That team got to know each other and bonded well before the season began.  Sully will find his niche. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sully is a fundamentally sound rebounder, who knows how to get position and box out. 

As a scorer, he possesses a number of unorthodox, but effective, moves. If fouled, he usually makes a high percentage of his free throws. 

Factor the above stated in with the chip on his shoulder, for dropping in the draft, and I predict a decent rookie year!

Go Cs!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Sullinger: A true Celtic already?:
    [QUOTE]Sully is a fundamentally sound rebounder, who knows how to get position and box out.  As a scorer, he possesses a number of unorthodox, but effective, moves. If fouled, he usually makes a high percentage of his free throws.  Factor the above stated in with the chip on his shoulder, for dropping in the draft, and I predict a decent rookie year! Go Cs!!!!!!!!!  
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

exactly..sully gets to the line..he will score..freethrows count...i love sullinger i hoped all along that we would draft him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Sullinger: A true Celtic already?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Sullinger: A true Celtic already? : I think he's a keeper. But I'm not sure if he's All-Star caliber. Worst case scenario, Sully just becomes the next Danny Fortson.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]I agree. We'll also have to wait and see if his back is able to withstand the rigors of NBA level basketball. I hope he proves the doubters and naysayers wrong.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Sully, like everyone else will see his playing time determined by his defense as well as his offense. He's already NBA better offensively than Baby, but defensively, probably not, but if he learns and learns well; he'll be a true Celtic very, very soon. I think he is an all star caliber talent.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

It will be very interesting to see some pictures of Sullinger when pre season camp starts.

I will bet that he has gotten his body fat down some and his strength up some between the end of the summer league season and the beginning of pre season.

Additional strength and quickness will make him much more prepared to challenge for the starting position that Fiercest34 first mentioned.

Sections
Shortcuts