Jared Sullinger not consistent enough...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jared Sullinger not consistent enough...

I love him getting double doubles but whenever we play a team with length he gets swallowed up. A speed frontcourt runs him into the ground.

These problems make him a role player and noone to build around as a starter imo.

He's a lot like Kevin Love. Good but not great.

We need great to get to championship level.

We need double doubles and shot blocking out of our power forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Re: Jared Sullinger not consistent enough...

I still like Sully but get your point. He's a giant right now but in a better team you'd wonder his role. He's got a great head on his shoulders though. Smart, smart player that will hit his potential. Still a ways off great but what a steal the lad's been.

And of course, totally on board with your assessment of Kevin Love. Cannot believe the over-the-top stuff I've been reading about him all year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love him getting double doubles but whenever we play a team with length he gets swallowed up. A speed frontcourt runs him into the ground.

These problems make him a role player and noone to build around as a starter imo.

[/QUOTE]

There is quite a difference now vs earlier in the season. He is sort of still a rookie yet an out of shape rookie after the recovery from surgery. Sully is just (runnin on empty) imo at this point.
    A targeted off season conditioning and technique plan will probably work well for next year.

Guess the question is..will they be willing to go with that or give up on him too early. Hope they keep him! Be a shame to see Sully come back and sting us. (I'm not sure of what his contract is at this point..)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I love David Lee, Golden State, a PF at 6'9" yet is their leading rebounder and a frequent doubles-doubles player. You may be too young to remember him, but he reminds me of David Cowen, also 6'9", who played Center and was a real Banger in the post and won one of our 17 rings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Uhm, Love averages nearly 27 points and 13 rebounds a game, with a PER of 28 (admittedly a seriously flawed stat...). If Sully were this "good", I would be pretty damn happy....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was a rookie last year and was hurt for half of it.

This is his first full season in the NBA. Per 36 minutes he is averaging 17 points and 11 boards. 

I don't think he is going to be a star but a guy that gets you 17 and 11 per 36 minutes is not a role player. He is a good starting pf.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

He's the Kevin Love of the east according to fungy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he needs a Karl Malone makeover or a Pitino whispering in his ear on how he needs a Pippen like body to make him look better in a wife beater(new uni's notwithstanding). Or he can settle for shooting 3's & wind up broke like so many others. But I digress

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I love David Lee, Golden State, a PF at 6'9" yet is their leading rebounder and a frequent doubles-doubles player. You may be too young to remember him, but he reminds me of David Cowen, also 6'9", who played Center and was a real Banger in the post and won one of our 17 rings.

[/QUOTE]

Cowens was the leading player on the 1970s Celtic teams, who I saw play many times. He was far far far better than Sully, who I like a lot. Cowens won Rookie of the Year. He also led the Celtics to 2 Championships (74 and 76), and was the league MVP in 73. In 74 he covered Jabar in his prime in the Finals; in game 7 in Milwaukee Cowens led the Celtics to to the NBA title with 28 points and 14 rebounds. The coach of the Cs at that time was Tom Heinson. In 77-78, he led the Celtics in points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks (only LeBron, KG and Pippen) have equalled this feat ever. In terms of the eye test, Cowens was a much much much better athlete than Sully, played with a ferocity that I have never seen again, including KG. The guy I have compared Sully to is Paul Silas, also played on the 70s Celtics; if he could become as good as Silas I would be more than pleased.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Its his 2nd year! Avg 13/8 is really good production in only 27 mpg. My only issue with sully is I think he is drifting outside too much this year. He is only shooting 24% from 3 which is making his overall fg 42%. Last year he only attempted 5 3s and shot nearly 50% from the field. If you take away his 3 pt attempts and makes this season, He would be shooting around 48% this season.  42% for a big man is not going to cut it.

Kevin love shoots the 3 ball at around 37-38%. That is why he is kevin love and allowed to jack it up.

If sully can improve his 3pt shot to those type of %s then the kevin love comparisons can really start, but until then he needs to be more selective and stay around the hoop so he can fetch offensive rebounds and get to the ft line. That is when he is at his best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The entire team is utterly inconsistent led by a mercurial captain who too has fallen in love with the 3PT shot... and a coach who is just getting his feet wet.

Sully is a true gamer who will settle down and "step out" once the floor and sideline leadership can settle down and stay focused night in and night out.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

They don't use Sully properly.  He should be used and featured in the low post regularly, which they don't do for some reason.  Maybe they are trying to spare his back the beating it would take in the low post - this being a lost season.  If it were me, I'd be pounding the ball into Sully in the low post every offensive possession and let him learn what he can do and can't.  I so hope we ship Green out this offseason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The entire team is utterly inconsistent led by a mercurial captain who too has fallen in love with the 3PT shot... and a coach who is just getting his feet wet.

Sully is a true gamer who will settle down and "step out" once the floor and sideline leadership can settle down and stay focused night in and night out.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Read your posts out loud to yourself before you hit add. It might help you recognize that most of them don't make sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Read your posts out loud to yourself before you hit add. It might help you recognize that most of them don't make sense.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No... sorry.... #37.

Speak up....  I can't hear you.

Did I make sense this time?

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No... sorry.... #37.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Aww did I make you mad?

Grr.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No... sorry.... #37.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Aww did I make you mad?

Grr.

[/QUOTE]

Wash your face, gargle a bit of Listerine... and you'll be as good as new.

I promise!

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

No... sorry.... #37.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Aww did I make you mad?

Grr.

[/QUOTE]

Wash your face, gargle a bit of Listerine... and you'll be as good as new.

I promise!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Thanks babe. You're awfully cute for a wierd old man. Now go think about Rondo, Grumpypants.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good grief, don't you ever have anything good to say about him and Bradley? Just wait till we have a real center.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

C'mon DaC, the guy is probably our most consistent good player....not everyone does well against every team....

Remember the old poem whenever you worry to much about this very bad team and how to make it better right now:

"If it's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!"

Probably looking for candy and nuts!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

It's been a long dreadful season and it's nearing and end, he's prob not going at it 100 percent he'll be fine next season youll see. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If he cant take advantage of the Joakim Noahs and Lamarcus Aldridges he is not a major cog is all I'm saying. 

Hes a Danny Fortson not a Kevin Love.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts