Jason Collins reveals he is gay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Jason Collins reveals he is gay

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I'd like to agree with the "what you do in your own bedroom is your own business" crowd because I truly don't care if you're gay, straight or otherwise.  It's TMI to me.  But then I consider that there are people in this world who would not hire a person because he/she is gay.  That is to say nothing of the many who would kill, shoot, lynch, maim, or torture a person for being gay.  It happens in this world of ours, and it's sad.  I've yet to meet a person who was scared to come out as heterosexual, mostly because there really isn't any consequence for doing so.  Gays are persecuted elsewhere, even in the USA somewhat, an if JC feels solidarity with gays in other places who can't be themselves, then good for him.    

oh, you mean the muslims?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Again free country.  You may support this type of life style but it doesn't belong in my religion.

even more so than that, it doesn't belong in the natural order of things. 

it's physiologically unsustainable, impossible to promulgate through procreation / genetics, so they have to instead choose indoctrination of the young and formerly innocent. and furthermore to that the rate and DISPROPORTIONATELY HIGH (well proven by decades of statistics) incidence of virulent/deadly STD's, domestic violence, drug abuse and suicide involved with the lifestyle prove out that it's against the natural order of things.

mind you, had the discussion not emerged, at the hands of someone else, i would not be discussing this.  but since we are supposed to worship a "coming out" of a horrendous quality basketball player, there, you can have what i think of the whole shebang.

People like you dont belong in the natural order of things...you might want to look at all of your negative comments and realize that you are a bigot and coming from a black guy (if thats what you are) is pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Jason is the Jackie Robinson of gay people.

He is to be admired.

now we're REALLY surfing the crest of that synthetic social just-us wave!!!  yahooo!

keep going and jackie robinson is going to spin out of his coffin and go into orbit.  only a complete fool would make such a comparison.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'd like to agree with the "what you do in your own bedroom is your own business" crowd because I truly don't care if you're gay, straight or otherwise.  It's TMI to me.  But then I consider that there are people in this world who would not hire a person because he/she is gay.  That is to say nothing of the many who would kill, shoot, lynch, maim, or torture a person for being gay.  It happens in this world of ours, and it's sad.  I've yet to meet a person who was scared to come out as heterosexual, mostly because there really isn't any consequence for doing so.  Gays are persecuted elsewhere, even in the USA somewhat, an if JC feels solidarity with gays in other places who can't be themselves, then good for him.    

I point no fingers at anyone, but tell me I am wrong.  Tell me there are not people out there who are raised to think of gays as less than you or I.      

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

People like you dont belong in the natural order of things...you might want to look at all of your negative comments and realize that you are a bigot and coming from a black guy (if thats what you are) is pathetic.

i merely stated what the statistics of death, STD, substance abuse, suicide and physiological traits say about homosexuality.  if you have been indoctrinated to celebrate it as some aspect of "equality" or what other big new fake medicine that progress sieves are foisting it upon our culture as then that's good for you. 

if you like the idea of elementary school kids being filled with information about how they should try out gay sex then good for you.  is it good for YOUR kids or just everyone else's?  if you like watching tv shows and movies with all sorts of fluffy and propped up gay characters in it then that's good for you!

i don't happen to subscribe to any of those things as a "like"- it does not make me a bigot- i am an absolute sexuality libertarian.  but i expect others to do as i do- don't tell me about "who you are" and what you do in the bedroom, because i don't care!  and i never will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I point no fingers at anyone, but tell me I am wrong.  Tell me there are not people out there who are raised to think of gays as less than you or I.      

muslims are the ONLY group in the world right now who believe in and have institutionalized in codified (sharia) law the SLAUGHTER and TORTURE of gays just for being gay.  yet we welcome them with open arms to this country at the same time we are giving such a publicity boost to the gay lifestyle and pushing it to be mainstream. 

might someone or few of us strap on a thinking cap and cogitate that one of these things does not go with the other?  or are they both useful tools in tearing up our culture and the desired (passive) revolution that progressives have openly pined for since the 1970s?  and now they stamp these ideals into the brain lamed kiddos in the colleges, univershitties and primary schools.

love your muslims and love your gays.  even though as soon as the muslims get enough numbers in the USA they will begin their predictable persecution, torture and murder of gays.  this is the anatomy of a mental disorder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxjocm5fCc

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Wow. Those opinions were smoked out fast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxjocm5fCc

it only takes until 1:25 to get one of the followers of the religion of the pieces to admit that they have, according to sharia law, capital punishment for anyone being gay. 

no "bible thumpers" or any other group on the planet enacts such savagery.  why don't all you lovers of all things gay focus on your real enemy?  it's not me being fatigued with the homo-fascist agenda and the overly TMI nature of our culture right now, it's that there ARE people among us who will not think twice about murdering gays, just for being gay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

"Homo-fascists and queer-mongerers?"

I agree, I don't what anyone else does in his or her bedroom. But to answer your last  comment, being that more than 90 percent of the American public is heterosexual, there's little reason for anyone to "come out."

there is no reason for anyone to talk about what they do in the bedroom.  it's not appropriate and in poor taste.  and within the realm of sports, who cares.  does it pertain to how he's a better basketball player?  no.

i don't watch or follow sports to hear about what people do in the bedroom.  period.

You're missing the point. He's not talking about what he's doing in the bedroom. He's talking about who he is. I don't consider that inappropriate or in poor taste

B...S......HOMOSEXUALS & LESBIANS ARE  IN FACT TALKING

ABOUT  "SEXUAL INTIMACY"  WITH THE SAME SEX. PLAIN & SIMPLE...

THEY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT BEING A... " MEAT  EATER

OR BEING A VEGETARIAN"....GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

HE HAS ..."GUTS"......NO ,  IT WAS  ..."GUTLESS" ...NOW

THAT HIS PLAYING DAYS ARE OVER!!!!!

MUHAMMAD ALI'S REFUSAL TO BE DRAFTED SHOWED...

"COURAGE".......CURT FLOOD CHALLENGING MLB SHOWED...

"COURAGE"......JIM BROWN RETIREMENT FROM THE NFL

AT THE PEAK OF HIS CAREER SHOWED...."COURAGE"....

IF WHAT COLLINS JUST DID SHOWS ...."GUTS"....THEN

BOTH THE WORD OF THE ..."JEWS & CHRISTIANS" AS TO THE

WORD OF THE...."BIBLE".....IS....."GUTLESS" AS TO THE UTTER

DISTRUCTION OF THE PEOPLE OF...."SODOM & GOMORAH"...

BECAUSE OF THEIR OPENLY... "GAY LIFESTYLE".....

IT CANNOT BE EQUAL BOTH WAYS.....SOMEONE HAS TO BE

WRONG ON THIS ISSUE , AS TO WHAT'S IN THE BIBLE ,

AND OTHER BOOKS OF RELIGION......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to binbones' comment:

I agree, I don't what anyone else does in his or her bedroom. But to answer your last  comment, being that more than 90 percent of the American public is heterosexual, there's little reason for anyone to "come out."

there is no reason for anyone to talk about what they do in the bedroom.  it's not appropriate and in poor taste.  and within the realm of sports, who cares.  does it pertain to how he's a better basketball player?  no.

i don't watch or follow sports to hear about what people do in the bedroom.  period.

You're missing the point. He's not talking about what he's doing in the bedroom. He's talking about who he is. I don't consider that inappropriate or in poor taste

Even if someone has to be wrong it doesn't mean you have to get this worked up over it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I wouldn't want to talk about sexuality on this forum, look no further than some of the comments. Not really any point. 

But I will say this: what Collins did today takes guts. I like guts. I like people who have conviction to stand alone. Whether i agree with them or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Wonder how many of his next team will want to shower with him. This is not something to be respected or admired.  Free country but I don't need to know his sex life.

You just gave the exact reason why people should come out.

Again free country.  You may support this type of life style but it doesn't belong in my religion.

So just what does belong in your religion? Hatred?  You are a typical bible thumper who picks and chooses what to believe from the Bible... its laughable...

You obviously know nothing about me.  You are laughable at best. .   No I don't pick and choose what to believe.  It is pretty much black in white .   Maybe you just just show your support for Jason and go march with him next parade.    I hope you don't bring up hate while you are supporting his decision to let you know his lifestyle.  I said nothing of hate.  

I suppose  you think adultery is ok as well?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Matthew 19: 10-13

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Wow. Those opinions were smoked out fast.

check out the muslim guy in the video.  it doesn't take much probing to find the real enemy of gays in the country and the world.  it's not people like me who are tired of someone else's TMI being celebrated as a news story

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You obviously know nothing about me.  You are laughable at best. .   No I don't pick and choose what to believe.  It is pretty much black in white .   Maybe you just just show your support for Jason and go march with him next parade.    I hope you don't bring up hate while you are supporting his decision to let you know his lifestyle.  I said nothing of hate.  

I suppose  you think adultery is ok as well?

well, when the most popular culture-rot TV show in the land is a running manual on how to booze, take drugs (pills and street) into your 40's and idolize your neighbor's wife's yum yums (not the baked goods) is called "DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES" then thinking "adultery is okay" is not such a stretch from there.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I wouldn't want to talk about sexuality on this forum, look no further than some of the comments. Not really any point. 

But I will say this: what Collins did today takes guts. I like guts. I like people who have conviction to stand alone. Whether i agree with them or not.

it took guts to "come out" only after he was certain that he had stunk himself out of the league, while saying "i'm gay now, and i still want to play"?  that's called seeking a "mercy booking"

http://youtu.be/r1Y7oaKYQq8?t=1m30s

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

didn't john amaechi do this?

who really cares what anyone is at the end of the day.  mark my words- the next few years will mark the homo-fascists and queer mongerers having their day in sports- continuous whines, hand wringing and whatnots. 

again- who cares what you do in the bedroom.  shut up and play ball, shoot hockey puck, run pig skin, etc.

i don't remember anyone "coming out" as heterosexual

I'll put you down as a bigot.

put me down too...is racist the next name youre gonna call people just because they have a different point of view.l...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

don' t you realize what the point is?  this guy was never a good ball player.  now he's over the hill.  he's on the 21st minute of his (statistics only ever warranted) FIVE minutes of fame.  this is self preservation- meld and gird yourself with some perceived-to-be-hip social justice and maybe someone will mercy-sign you for one more year. 

last i knew, the nba was not about "who" people are- and if it was about that then we'd find there are an incredible number of JR Rider / latrine sprewell / other unsavory types of personas dwelling on your otherwise unsuspecting home team roster

I never said  he was a good  player. He's 34 and hasn't scored more than 100 points in a  season since 2007-08, or something like that. The  point is that he's simply acknowledging who he is. It has nothing to do with his ability to play.

You say you don't care  what he does in his bedroom. It doesn't seem like that's the case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

i'll put you down as a lilliputian. 

maybe you should start a michael bloomberg-esque movement to force people to adore homosexuality and all news releases regarding it, or make them wear a yellow star to denote their "bigot" status?

He is to be admired.

Hey guys, I am a Christian...there I said it...I fell better...and anyone that does'nt agree with my views is a hater...a bigot, and christianphobe...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

i'll put you down as a lilliputian. 

maybe you should start a michael bloomberg-esque movement to force people to adore homosexuality and all news releases regarding it, or make them wear a yellow star to denote their "bigot" status?

He is to be admired.

Glad the Celts traded him...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You say you don't care  what he does in his bedroom. It doesn't seem like that's the case.

look at how this thread started out- citing "courage" and admiration in what collins did.  all collins did was try to prolong a horrid career for a year by providing a press agent with some TMI that has nothing to do with basketball or the basketball skills this man has never had

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Hey guys, I am a Christian...there I said it...I fell better...and anyone that does'nt agree with my views is a hater...a bigot, and christianphobe...

now that's a party foul. 

you are trying to spin the tables on the "censorship by detraction" bandwagon that kirk sicks (he uses "6" instead) and the others had going about 30 mph.  they won't like that

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Look, the Good Book also condemns tattoos and condones stoning to death rebellious children. So let's not go there.

I never said Jason Collins showed any couarge in coming out. He's 34 and all but done as an NBA player, so announcing it now carries  no big risk. If a 20-something player who  had true value to a team did,  that would take some guts.

And no, gay people are not talking about what they do in the bedroom anymore than I am when I declare myself a heterosexual.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

didn't john amaechi do this?

who really cares what anyone is at the end of the day.  mark my words- the next few years will mark the homo-fascists and queer mongerers having their day in sports- continuous whines, hand wringing and whatnots. 

again- who cares what you do in the bedroom.  shut up and play ball, shoot hockey puck, run pig skin, etc.

i don't remember anyone "coming out" as heterosexual

put me down too...is racist the next name youre gonna call people just because they have a different point of view.l...

hahahaha well if you say racist things, then it probably will be appropriate to call you a racist.

Say bigotted things, you're a bigot.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts