Jason Collins to Boston!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Jason Collins to Boston!!

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Veteran big man....33 yrs old....about the same stats as Steamer.

We are now done!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Jason Collins to Boston!!

In Response to Re: Jason Collins to Boston!!:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I thought everyone would be estatic to get Perkins Back!! What gives? Danny is able to get back the piece he traded 2 years ago and still has Jeff Green that he got in the deal for Perky. Whats not to like?? The fact that Perky will be the 3rd string center just 2 years removed from his first stint should tell you how overated he was and how people overeacted for nothing. Now we have Green and Perky back and you guys still find something to complain about. The guys plays low post defense on the Big Bangers! does not rebound well and is slow as molasses. Thats Perk, no?
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Older, slower and not as good to begin with Collins and raw still learning rookie Melo are by no means Perkins

Melo could easily be better than him in as little as 2 years tho

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

truth, wilcox is a steal if healthy and playing like he did at his best last year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

....i'm tired of leftovers -- wilcox-collins are remnants, no one wants them...except for walmart price.
    you get what you pay for

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]....i'm tired of leftovers -- wilcox-collins are remnants, no one wants them...except for walmart price. you get what you pay for
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

yup the team up 3-2 on Miami gets upgrades to Stiemsma and Hollins

I'm tired of posters with no ability to provide a superior option to what Ainge did moaning and groaning about our 9th and 12th men

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

CHE, who left in the free agent pool is not a "leftover" from somewhere/some team?  Who left in the free agent pool is available to the Celtics for the price the Celtics have available to spend?  I'm not disagreeing with you but what else is out there?

You make it seem like there are many options out there.  Fesenko, Turiaf, Gadzuric are all leftovers.  Darko is a leftover too so who would you suggest would be a good fit at the 3rd string center for the Celtics?

As it relates to rebounding, we have younger, more athletic players who will help, by committe, to improve our rebounding.  No one player's acquisition is going to solve our rebounding issues but with the players we brought in, you can bet we will have the athleticism to grab more defensive rebounds (making for fewer offensive rebounds by our opposition).

Also with guys like Sully, Wilcox and Green more likely playing closer to the basket, we'll have even more opportunities to improve in our offensive rebound category.

Jason Collins is a small part of the puzzle and it's a good pickup, someone who can provide valuable minutes in place of the centers in front of him.  We did not sign him to give us 8 points and 8 rebounds per game.  "Valuable" minutes means decent center play to allow KG to rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I say, I rather wait for a legit big man  (Ainge already spent his allocated money)--at the mid season. There will be a legit big man who will be dissatisfied while we hunt for playoff.

...but for now--- nothing left there except remnants. Like my wife, she will buy stupid stuff because its "on sale" ..... nothing but garbage and baggage. 
    I buy quality stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I say, I rather wait for a legit big man  (Ainge already spent his allocated money)--at the mid season. There will be a legit big man who will be dissatisfied while we hunt for playoff. ...but for now--- nothing left there except remnants. Like my wife, she will buy stupid stuff because its "on sale" ..... nothing but garbage and baggage.  I buy quality stuff.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Garnett is one of the top 10 centers in the NBA.  Wilcox used to start for Seattle, he is one of the best 10 back ups in the NBA. 

when they resigned Garnett is was for him to be their Center.

I am not sure why people don't get that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

CHE, my girlfriend loves a good sale because she always finds something "very serviceable" and for 40% of the regular price somewhere else.  You can get very good quality by going to sales.  You just have to wade through alot of the remnants/garbage though.

The Celtics still have the BAE of, what, $1.95 million, so they can still pick up someone later if they so choose.  I doubt we will be able to pick up a "legit big man" later (so why wait).  Wait, he's not the best center in the NBA but Collins is a "legit big man"!

But between now and training camp, there's not going to be any player that "falls out" and becomes available at the "sale price".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Did you guys see the money some of these kids got?  Hibbert, McGee, Lopez?  Danny was smart to keep KG as our #1 Center.
    We were all complaining about depth here last year..........seems to me we replaced Ray with TWO guys, Hollins and Steamer with Wilcox and Collins, Pietrus with Green...........and THREE draft picks, two of whom can rebound.
    This is a deep team, and while we don't know what the rookies can do yet, at least one of them will give us more in pre-season than last years two did all year.

Our starters (ok mine) of Rondo, Lee, Pierce, Sullinger and KG is very solid, younger than last year, and has a low post presence.

Our second unit (till AB returns) of Dooling, Terry, Green, Bass and Wilcox is very young and very fast - they will not relinquish leads very often.
    Rebounding? addressed
    Youth? addressed
    Depth?  ADDRESSED

To take Danny to task for our deep bench players is really not fair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

other than Green everyone was paid spot on or took discounts

Green is the guy with the most to prove

an no Acie, this doesn't mean I'd do what you would and let Green walk, give Pietrus the BAE, and be a 47 win 6 seed instead of a 57 win 2 seed

you do like moves that make us worse tho....

Sections
Shortcuts