Jason Terry should be the backup PG and Green should be the starting SG

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Jason Terry should be the backup PG and Green should be the starting SG

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Works for me.

Green looks much better inside.  Put Paul at the two coming off the bench.  Paul can play like Ray did but more effectively there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It's time for Green to start- I don't really care what position......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

It's time for Green to start- I don't really care what position......

Watching Green wait to the second period of a game to get in when he is clearly their best threat inside is a joke.  Green needs to play more and PP needs to play less. If it doesn't work it can always go back to what it was.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

17-0 ... I'll keep our starting line-up.

I think our issue if FOCUS. Doc's misusing our versatile team by trying to be everything at once. Since KG is our backbone, we should craft a strategy around him. KG starts with our best defensive force, and our only focus is on defense during the first 6 minutes. 

This means:

• Communication, high energy, focus on execution of help-defense
    • On-the-ball pressure, trapping, forcing turnovers
    • Defensive rebounds
    • Nobody hits the O-boads, everybody gets back after the shot, so that we always set on defense.

The offense, is more/less run through our defense, generated by turnovers.

When KG sits, then we should shift towards high volume offense.

This means:

• 3 point shooters, high % mid-range shooters, (Barbosa, Terry, Bass, Pierce)
    • Dedicated man on the O-boards (Sullinger) with the SG also looking for 2nd chance opportunity
    • Speed & Finishers (Wilcox, Barbosa, Green)
    • Defense that looks to dissuade any 3pt shots

With this is mind, I would start:

Defense: Rondo, Bradley, Green, Bass, KG

Then

Offense: Rondo, JET, Pierce, Green, Wilcox

Then

Offense: Rondo, Barbosa, Pierce, Sullinger, Wilcox

Then

Defense: Bradley, Lee, Green, Bass, KG

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

While I was writing (above) really got me thinking if it would ever be possible to start:

Defense: Bradley, Lee, Green, Bass, KG

then when KG comes out; go:

Offense: Rondo, Terry, Pierce, Sullinger, Wilcox

We've seen that Lee can turn it on defensively, if he and bradley pair up the backcourt, it could be a great way to start games against teams like MIL, BKN, MIA who have backcourt threats. Imagine if 3 of our best 4 players came off the bench and we made that work!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think PP and Green should start together,but with Pierce at the 2. Pierce is proud guy and even though there are times him and Green are on the floor together I think PP doesn't want Green looking too good. I've noticed quite a few times PP has opted to make an ill advised shot or drive than pass to a wide open Green or try to reset a play deep into the shot clock. Pierce has more "spots" for 3s than Jeff and at this point in their careers Green can create his own shot against sfs, while PP could get to his spots easier against 2s. Either way the two in harmony could be a matchup nightmare for most teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Green could even play some PF in the spot of Bass. Bass is a good player, but I don't think he's a starter.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

KG, Bass, Pierce, Green, and Rondo should be the starting five.

Pierce is too slow to guard SGs, unless its against bigger ones like Joe Johnson. That line-up wouldn't work for significant minutes or to start a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

from 2010 Sports Illustrated: subject is Thunder keeping Jeff Green or not...author suggests not based on Green's worst-in-the-league defense. Not much has changed with him on the Celtics so far; maybe Danny and Doc have a plan to change his game - hope so.

"But I’d submit this: Re-signing Green is far from a no-brainer, not with Westbrook and Harden looking like studs and Ibaka looming. And especially not when Green’s plus/minus numbers are considered. Numbers like this: The Thunder gave up nearly 11 more points per 100 possessions with Green on the floor last season versus with him on the bench. That’s bad. How bad? It was the worst defensive on-court-off-court differential in the NBA, according to Basketball Value. That number will prove an outlier in its sheer size, but the Thunder/Sonics defense has performed significantly worse with Green on the floor in each of his three seasons."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think that they will turn Green into a good defender. He has the physical gifts, he just needs to be coached.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts