Jason Williams?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Jason Williams?

In Response to Jason Williams?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/magic/news/williams_waived_012611.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2 Delonte will still be out for another 3 weeks and the Celtics have a tough schedule ahead. J-Will could be the backup PG the Celtics are looking for.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

He obviously would be helpful off the bench but with him already being upset about playing time in Orlando it would probably be the same issue here.  Once West comes back I wouldn't see him getting any minutes at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I've seen worse suggestions.  Not sure if he'd be happy though knowing that he may meet the same fate in a few weeks when DWest is ready.

Who would you cut??  Wafer??  I think he's actually played OK recently when given PT.

I've lost some faith in Nate but he did play well in pre-season paired with DWest so I'd like to see them together again before  doing anything drastic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Williams?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jason Williams? : He obviously would be helpful off the bench but with him already being upset about playing time in Orlando it would probably be the same issue here.  Once West comes back I wouldn't see him getting any minutes at all.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

10-day contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I've seen worse suggestions.  Not sure if he'd be happy though knowing that he may meet the same fate in a few weeks when DWest is ready . Who would you cut??  Wafer??  I think he's actually played OK recently when given PT. I've lost some faith in Nate but he did play well in pre-season paired with DWest so I'd like to see them together again before  doing anything drastic.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Trade Avery Bradley. I'm sure there are teams out there that would want him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing it even if it just gets Nate back to his SG position sure why not.

10 day contract and waive Wafer. If JWill works out very well it allows Ainge to at least boost any trade packages that could include West. Trading West would be the very last option though.That's thinking way down the road but the risk/reward for picking up JWill is very minimal.

It helps two positions. It provides a legitimate backup PG and helps Nates game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Don't you think he could do better than a 10 day contract?  He is still a decent back up at the pg position and had a good year last year.  Orlando is loaded with point guards at this point.  Don't get me wrong I would try to get him here if I were Ainge.  Just saying if he wants PT than this might not be the place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Don't you think he could do better than a 10 day contract?  He is still a decent back up at the pg position and had a good year last year.  Orlando is loaded with point guards at this point.  Don't get me wrong I would try to get him here if I were Ainge.  Just saying if he wants PT than this might not be the place.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

J-Will will get some minutes with the Celtics since Delonte is still out. I think J-Will just wants to play. In Orlando he would only play if it's garbage time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Bradley's what 19??  2 yrs ago considered the best of his age.  He's trying to learn the pro game but was injured and missed summer league and all of training camp.  They really don't practice that much once the season starts.

This is probably a lost season for him offensively but he's already shown very good skills for a rookie PG defensively. 
    This alone warrants him a spot on a 15 man roster

I think people are nuts who want to just dump him.  Why doesn't anybody have any patience??  It's like the guys on the Bruins board calling Seguin a bust after a 1/2 season at 18 yrs old!!  Give things a chance.

Let him learn this yr, have a good offseason working out, and come in next yr with hopefully a whole different mindset.  There is a reason he was so highly regarded before.  If it doesn't work out, oh well.  But why trade him now while his value is probably as low as it will ever be??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pass on him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley's what 19??  2 yrs ago considered the best of his age.  He's trying to learn the pro game but was injured and missed summer league and all of training camp.  They really don't practice that much once the season starts. This is probably a lost season for him offensively but he's already shown very good skills for a rookie PG defensively.  This alone warrants him a spot on a 15 man roster .  I think people are nuts who want to just dump him.  Why doesn't anybody have any patience??  It's like the guys on the Bruins board calling Seguin a bust after a 1/2 season at 18 yrs old!!  Give things a chance. Let him learn this yr, have a good offseason working out, and come in next yr with hopefully a whole different mindset.  There is a reason he was so highly regarded before.  If it doesn't work out, oh well.  But why trade him now while his value is probably as low as it will ever be??

That's almost the same as what they said about Gerald Green and Marcus Banks. Sure he was considered the best at his age 2 years ago, but that was 2 years ago. There are no 17-year olds in the NBA.

If the Celtics drafted a 19-year old PG then it's too early to say he's a bust. But that's not the case, the Celtics drafted a 19-year old SG who's only 6-2 or 6-3. He's a very good defender, true. But so is Marcus Banks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

you wanna CUT a player..so you can sign another for a couple weeks till we get someone else back. wow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]you wanna CUT a player..so you can sign another for a couple weeks till we get someone else back. wow.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Trade Avery Bradley. The Celtics made a mistake by drafting him, it's time to move on. 

In the NBA you play offense and defense. If Bradley is only good on defense there's no use in prolonging the agony. Not a pass first PG, not a shooter, average ball-handling skills, and not big enough to play SG. Enough said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Marcus Banks and Green were at least given time to prove they couldn't play.  You aren't willing to even give Bradley that shot.  You can't underestimate the effect of him missing all of training camp.

I'm not saying Bradley is the next Chauncey Billups but I think most of us will agree that Pitino's impatience led the C's to unload Billups way to early in a stupid trade for instant gratification.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]you wanna CUT a player..so you can sign another for a couple weeks till we get someone else back. wow.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Well you take the risk that not too many teams are knocking on Wafer's door. We aren't cutting PP here. THe main thing is to get Nate back to his original position and get his confidence up again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Marcus Banks and Green were at least given time to prove they couldn't play.  You aren't willing to even give Bradley that shot.  You can't underestimate the effect of him missing all of training camp. I'm not saying Bradley is the next Chauncey Billups but I think most of us will agree that Pitino's impatience led the C's to unload Billups way to early in a stupid trade for instant gratification.

Billups was deadly from 3pt land even when he was a rookie. And Billups' dribbling skills is excellent. 

Marcus Banks, as a rookie, could penetrate, play defense, and very fast with the ball. The problem is he doesn't have the brain of a PG.

Gerald Green, I don't know what's wrong with him. But even as a rookie you could see that he was a scoring machine, can score from anywhere on the court. 

Avery Bradley only showed flashes of good defense. Other than that he doesn't do anything else well. Not a good shooter, not a good dribbler, and is not a pass first PG. He's also too small to play SG. It is very rare to successfully convert an undersized SG in college to an NBA PG.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

That body graffiti of Jason and Delonte kinda scares me.
    Reminds of

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wans't it Red who said, "don't bring me a 6'2" guy and tell me he's a project"?

Of course, the same could have been said about rondo too.  And I suppose bradley's more like 6'4" too, huh?  This would never work:

1) the c's value d over O, and bradly gives more D.

2) Williams will go where he is needed more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Wans't it Red who said, "don't bring me a 6'2" guy and tell me he's a project"? Of course, the same could have been said about rondo too.  And I suppose bradley's more like 6'4" too, huh?  This would never work: 1) the c's value d over O, and bradly gives more D. 2) Williams will go where he is needed more.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Even when Rondo was a rookie he was very good with the basketball. You rarely see Rondo lose the ball when he's bringing it up the court.

That's the difference between Bradley and Rondo, Rondo didn't need to learn how to dribble when he entered the NBA. If Bradley is still learning how to dribble then it's pointless to wait for him to develop. Why? Because it just shows that he will never be a PG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

As Heady said...Pass on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Sorry hedley...not up to speed on my Mel Brooks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jason Williams? : Billups was deadly from 3pt land even when he was a rookie. Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Billups shot 39% from the field and 33.9% from 3 pt land.  Not sure I would call that deadly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jason Williams? : Trade Avery Bradley. The Celtics made a mistake by drafting him, it's time to move on.  In the NBA you play offense and defense. If Bradley is only good on defense there's no use in prolonging the agony. Not a pass first PG, not a shooter, average ball-handling skills, and not big enough to play SG. Enough said.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

lol..your moving on?? already?? wat is it, 3 months into the NBA season, and your excusing a rookie as no good..wow do you guys not remember Rajon Rondo wen he got into this league?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The only reason I can see to have ben wallace is so he can cheap shot Lebron one time when he plows into the basket.  Then don't play him again until he can cheap shot artest.

I don't see how prince adds much we don't already have with marquis, and at a higher salary I'd assume.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

As I said to Randy Moss too, put the Bong down...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i could have sworn i read an article about jason williams become "inactive" and pondering retirement due to un-curable problems with his knee?  i thought that was the reason more than anything that was dictating his lack of minutes in ORL this year. 

anyone?