Jazz vs. Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Jazz vs. Celtics

...in a year or three

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Love the optimism mossad, but no way next year.  even with Wiggins and an improvement over Rondo at the Point.  At least 2 years away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

2014 lineup

C Olynyk/Faverani                         

PF Sully/Bass

SF LBJ/Wallace

SG Wiggins/Bradley

PG Rondo/Pressey

Leandro Barbosa Jr?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

C -  New / Fav

PF - Oly / Sully

SF - Green / New

SG - New / New

PG  - New / New

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

2014 lineup

C Olynyk/Faverani                         

PF Sully/Bass

SF LBJ/Wallace

SG Wiggins/Bradley

PG Rondo/Pressey

Lydon baines Johnson......Tongue Out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Hayward

- Lefty

- Can drive with both hands

- Excellent outside shooter

- Active off the ball

- BIG for a 2, lanky arms

- Excellent passer

hayward is not a lefty.... and if he is the reason youre excited about the game then that is pretty strange

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

C -  New / Fav

PF - Oly / Sully

SF - Green / New

SG - New / New

PG  - New / New

possible one

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"since pressey has come into the game the celtics have outscored the jazz, 24-10."

This sums up this game, down by over ten points in the 2nd, Pressey comes in and turns the entire game around, creating easy baskets off assists.  The Celtics who are one of the league leaders in turnovers, turn the ball over a season low 14 times.  Is there any doubt Pressey is our best PG and they'll limit his minutes to limit his appeal in trade to other teams...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

That's fine but do we have to put up with Bradley at the point? 

If we want to continue to lose and showcase Bradley then they'll continue to play him max minutes.  It's painful to watch but thats the only way to turn it around; tank.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This team is all over the place - to be expected.  And I like the flexibility.  However, we're lacking big-time in our guard play.  I don't understand why Brooks isn't getting any run.  If you can get someone on the court who can score when you're up by 22, seems that their defense just might not need to be on the level of Gary Payton-lock down.

Brad has to find a 4th quarter group that can close games.  Guys like Pressey and Oly are just not the kind of players who are ready to close out games when the heat is on.  Their performances showed too in the 4th quarter.

For that matter, where was Jeff Green in the 4th?  Again, no points in the 4th quarter.  He passed up a wide open corner shot.  He was wide open and he doesn't take that shot.  What's with this guy?

We entered leading by 22 and had only 3 players score in the 4th quarter (Bass and one FG each by Crawford and Sully).  3 players SCORED and two of them had only one basket.  If not for Bass' clutch shooting, we lose that game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

This team is all over the place - to be expected.  And I like the flexibility.  However, we're lacking big-time in our guard play.  I don't understand why Brooks isn't getting any run.  If you can get someone on the court who can score when you're up by 22, seems that their defense just might not need to be on the level of Gary Payton-lock down.

Brad has to find a 4th quarter group that can close games.  Guys like Pressey and Oly are just not the kind of players who are ready to close out games when the heat is on.  Their performances showed too in the 4th quarter.

For that matter, where was Jeff Green in the 4th?  Again, no points in the 4th quarter.  He passed up a wide open corner shot.  He was wide open and he doesn't take that shot.  What's with this guy?

We entered leading by 22 and had only 3 players score in the 4th quarter (Bass and one FG each by Crawford and Sully).  3 players SCORED and two of them had only one basket.  If not for Bass' clutch shooting, we lose that game.

Its one helluva note that BBass is our go-to guy for the foreseeable future... and only against the weakest of opponents.

Rondo's return doesn't change this dynamic one bit.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pud, you are so right about the notion of Bass being our go-to-guy.  That's scary.  That's very scary.

But I think Rondo is going to make us so much better.  I really do.  No guard right now commands respect off the dribble.  No guard right now is capable of making simple passes.  No guard right now is capable of going for a triple double.  No guard right now opens the entire floor for everyone like Rondo does.

Rondo will make a difference.  He'll take (and probably miss) more shots in the 4th quarter.  Then again, he might make more than we're accustomed to seeing him make.

It's going to be better than what we're seeing now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pud, you are so right about the notion of Bass being our go-to-guy.  That's scary.  That's very scary.

But I think Rondo is going to make us so much better.  I really do.  No guard right now commands respect off the dribble.  No guard right now is capable of making simple passes.  No guard right now is capable of going for a triple double.  No guard right now opens the entire floor for everyone like Rondo does.

Rondo will make a difference.  He'll take (and probably miss) more shots in the 4th quarter.  Then again, he might make more than we're accustomed to seeing him make.

Considering that Rondo's MO has been to flip the ball to CPP and disappear at crunch time.... things are going to be quite different if/when Rondo returns.

That's worth the price of DIRECTV NBA League Pass all by itself.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pud, there were times when Rondo got tired of flipping the ball to CPP and decided he'll carry the team himself.  At times, Rondo decided he was going to take over and do what he wanted.  I just wish he did it more often.

I think we are going to be surprised.  I think Rondo is ready.  This is HIS team.  Until he shows, again with THIS team, that he's not ready, I'm going to believe he is going to make a huge difference.

And I'm locked in for League Pass to bear witness to....................we'll see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Considering that Rondo's MO has been to flip the ball to CPP and disappear at crunch time.... things are going to be quite different if/when Rondo returns.

That's worth the price of DIRECTV NBA League Pass all by itself.

Pud

Rondo disappeared because he was afraid the opposing team would foul him and he would have shoot free throws.

But with time running out at the end of the first three quarters, you could count on Rondo dribbling the ball and holding it out front for the last 20 sconds for that predictable and desparate 3 point heave, which never went in.

Rondo is the anti-go-to-player until he improves his free throw perentage above the average Jr High School level. 

Sections
Shortcuts