Jeff Green, aortic aneurysms, physicals and a little education

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Jeff Green, aortic aneurysms, physicals and a little education

Jeff Green was given physicals in college, upon entering the draft, upon being drafted, and every year since.

"An aortic aneurysm is a general term for any swelling (dilation or aneurysm) of the aorta to greater than 1.5 times normal, usually representing an underlying weakness in the wall of the aorta at that location. While the stretched vessel may occasionally cause discomfort, a greater concern is the risk of rupture, which causes severe pain; massive internal hemorrhage; and, without prompt treatment, death occurs rapidly.

Most intact aortic aneurysms do not produce symptoms. As they enlarge, symptoms such as abdominal pain and back pain may develop. Compression of nerve roots may cause leg pain or numbness. Untreated, aneurysms tend to become progressively larger, although the rate of enlargement is unpredictable for any individual. Rarely, clotted blood which lines most aortic aneurysms can break off and result in an embolus. They may be found on physical examination. Medical imaging is necessary to confirm the diagnosis. Signs may include: anxiety or feeling of stress; nausea and vomiting; clammy skin; rapid heart rate.[1]

If someone can show me how anyone SHOULD have known, be my guest.

An aneurysm like this is even HARDER to find in an athlete as they aften have rapid heartbeats, IF any symptons even present themselves, which they often do not.

How many healthy people get regular EKGs of their heart? The medical industry doesn't suggest regular screening until people are 65+ with a history of smoking. Not many 65+ ex-smokers playing basketball, are there?

Especially in Boston I would expect a little more sympathy and understanding. Reggie Lewis collapsed on the court because something similiar was NEVER found.

Ainge doesn't matter. Perkins doesn't matter. The Celtics do not matter.

The ONLY thing that matters is wishing this KID well, and hoping he makes a full reovery and can lead a regular life.

To point to the trade, or his one year deal, to even mention it is beyond selfish and obnoxious.

And to lakerstroll personally, you are a piece of sh!t. I didn't read your thread, nor would I. To make such a heartless comment, even if a JOKE, is beyond irreprehensible. Don't expect any sympathy as you grow older, and family members around you start to have failing health, assuming a vile, despicable person like you actually has any family worth mentioning.

Strike a nerve? Yup. My daughter was born with mutliple heart defects, and had open heart surgery at 5 months old. 2 years, 4 months and counting now after a procedure that didn't exist 25 years ago, and a diagnosis that was a death sentence in my lifetime. Tetrology of Fallot for anyone curious, look it up or don't, makes no difference to me.

But stop commenting about anything having to do with Jeff Green beyond wishing him well. The NBA doesn't matter to him, or to anyone that actually cares even the slightest bit about him. OH NO, THE Cs ARE OVER THE CAP!!!! Are you serious?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Jeff Green, aortic aneurysms, physicals and a little education

Lighten up...

People are diagnosed daily with much worse life threatening conditions, does your world come to a stop because of it?? Joe Paterno has lung cancer, did anyone stop discussing what happened at Penn St cause of it??

Green is out for the season and there is nothing wrong about discussing options available to the Celtics in replacing him. Life goes on and it doesnt make his contract or loss to the Celtics taboo to discuss. It shouldnt be insulting to Green or anyone else. Redirect your anger to certain posters that want to make light of it (or joke about it)... its nothing to laugh at and they take these opportunities todraw attention to themselves...nothing more. Better to just ignore.

I feel great the C's finally did something right medically & picked up on Greens condition..probably saved his life. Thats nothing to get depressed about..in fact, we and Green especially should feel grateful.

I can understand your feelings with your daughter having had similar issues but it is in no way disrespectful to Green to discuss basketball...especially since 99% of the people on this message board know him only by watching him play on TV.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

so are we still over the cap without his contract? JOKING.

sucks about your daughter man. wish her well.

hope jeff green gets better and recovers fully. no one w2ants to see the kid pull a reggie lewis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

You're both right.

It was just disheartening to see multiple threads about the news, and 9 out of 10 posts were some form of "That stinks for the Cs", going so far as to call it a stupid move, wondering the the Cs did their due dilligence, or even farther than that.

You're right, most people know him only as a player, and that's fine. SOmetimes, though, things go beyond the game and should supercede any feeling about the on-court stuff. This is one of them.

It's fine to discuss how this affects the Cs, I'd expect it will be a big factor all season. I am still disappointed, however, that 90% of people went their FIRST, all within hours of the news breaking. Seems priorities are a little messed up.

Even Danny Ainge, who has to DEAL with this on the business side, is concerned with the PERSON'S health first. That's my only issue, the typical response has been "Aww man, the Cs are in trouble...and, yeah, good luck Jeff." It's backwards, that's all.

And thank you, my daughter is fine, the Doc did a wonderful job and she should be able to lead her life with no limitations other than a rather obvious scar that she'll have to deal with when she starts wearing bathing suits and tank tops. She is ok though. I don't wish this on anyone, if the Cs go 0-82 and that somehow means Jeff Green will be healthy, it's a small, very small, price to pay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As far as my life stopping...no, obviously not. But, that's not the point. The point is having priorities straight. IF I was going to talk about JoePa's health, I would talk about that, not how it impacts Penn St first.

If a coworker is sick, I worry about that before worrying if I'll have to fill in.

If an actor is ill, if I think about it at all, I hope for their health, not wonder if they'll put out another blockbuster.

And on and on and on. Health comes first, it's ok to talk about anything anyone wants, just as I'm talking, and having an opinion about, other people's thoughts and opinions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green, aortic aneurysms, physicals and a little education:
    You're both right. It was just disheartening to see multiple threads about the news, and 9 out of 10 posts were some form of "That stinks for the Cs", going so far as to call it a stupid move, wondering the the Cs did their due dilligence, or even farther than that. You're right, most people know him only as a player, and that's fine. SOmetimes, though, things go beyond the game and should supercede any feeling about the on-court stuff. This is one of them. It's fine to discuss how this affects the Cs, I'd expect it will be a big factor all season. I am still disappointed, however, that 90% of people went their FIRST, all within hours of the news breaking. Seems priorities are a little messed up. Even Danny Ainge, who has to DEAL with this on the business side, is concerned with the PERSON'S health first. That's my only issue, the typical response has been "Aww man, the Cs are in trouble...and, yeah, good luck Jeff." It's backwards, that's all. And thank you, my daughter is fine, the Doc did a wonderful job and she should be able to lead her life with no limitations other than a rather obvious scar that she'll have to deal with when she starts wearing bathing suits and tank tops. She is ok though. I don't wish this on anyone, if the Cs go 0-82 and that somehow means Jeff Green will be healthy, it's a small, very small, price to pay.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Nicely said... Im sure your daughter (and ur family) found a courage & strength she never would have without going through her ordeal... which probably makes her appreciate life & those less fortunate more so than most her age.

Every setback is a blessing, depends how you look at things.  She'll be fine, she ahas a good, caring dad...that much is crystal clear

Sections
Shortcuts