Jeff Green as starter- anyone have the numbers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Jeff Green as starter- anyone have the numbers?

I do believe that this entire year has been another moronic replica of the tail end of Ray Allen's career with the green.  Ray needed to come off the bench because he was washing up.  But he never did until the very very end.

I'm pretty sure that JEFF GREEN's numbers as a starter are astounding compared to his overall numbers.  i know he threw in 40 one night and 19 and 10 tonight and other solid perofrmances WHEN HE STARTED.

But the LEADERSHIP CULTURE is so weak and feckless within our organization that nobody could tell paul pierce- "you need to become the 6th man".  and so we got less out of green AND less out of pierce than we should have this year.  pierce's efficiencies have been dreadful this year.

And then there's Garnett- for the last two years I said he would wear out like an old shoe impersonating a 30 mins a night #5.  and now it came true.  we couldn't just PLAY darko and then OBTAIN some other ham and egger #5 to eat the other 24 minutes that darko did not play 5.  that way bass/kg split the 4 minutes, pierce gets to come off the bench and WE SAVE what little potency he has left for the playoffs.

i really find it so hard to watch this team with all of this talent management stupidity by both ainge and cry-me-a-rivers.  it's just so incompetent it's maddening.  it's perfectly obvious to anyone witha brain that GREEN has to start if you ever want him to be worth $9M and KG can't fake the 5 at his age

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Jeff Green as starter- anyone have the numbers?

KG played the 5 great last year at this time, or good enough - no reason why he can't do it again. 

I agree with you that Green should be starting. 

It's naive to think that if you start Green every game he will suddenly be a great player every night though. It's pretty clear that's not Green. That said he can a be a solid contributor and there's no reason not to start him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Jeff Green as starter- anyone have the numbers?

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

KG played the 5 great last year at this time, or good enough - no reason why he can't do it again. 

I agree with you that Green should be starting. 

It's naive to think that if you start Green every game he will suddenly be a great player every night though. It's pretty clear that's not Green. That said he can a be a solid contributor and there's no reason not to start him.

the reason why "KG can't do it again" is because he is of slight physical build!!!  his body is worn out right now.  the other team throws an untalented masher at him to push him around vs. KG always used to get D'd up by 4's and not 5's that almost all of which significantly outweigh him.

at 36 (last year) and 37 (this year) years old, that DOES MATTER- you don't roll out a new more physically rigorous role for a player and expect them to last.  this team is paper thin at the 5.  never had to be that way

i don't believe jeff green will be a "great player" every single game as a starter but that's clearly the role that he does better in.  and pierce needs his minutes cut down.  way down.  he's been playing lots of minutes for us.  hell, who am i to say.  you either have to win with SOME YOUNG carrying some load or it will just be a gross display of old men running out of gas in the playoffs.

the latter seems to be what danny, ownership and doc want to see

Sections
Shortcuts