Jeff Green Bio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Jeff Green Bio

"On an open roster, we don't know where Jeff Green plays. He's a poor rebounder, an awful defender at the power forward slot, and he doesn't do enough offensively to warrant a look at small forward. And yet, this doesn't stop him from shooting nearly four three-pointers a game, despite making only 30 percent of his looks from out there. His shot selection has been an issue since his rookie year, and it's still hard to tell, exactly, where he fits in this league. Other than a guy that seems to luck into getting big minutes and plenty of shot opportunities."

Of course a lot of his shots probably comes from "If I don't shoot now I will never get the ball back" syndrome.  Playing with Durant and Westbrook doesn't leave a lot of shots

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Jeff Green Bio

His game is evolving...He's learning that the D is taking away his drives, and if his three pts shots are not falling, he must learn to pull for a 10-15 ft j...He is getting frustrated because his shots are not falling..but he needs to stay with it. Its a process. Just like Rondo..

Hopefully he does'nt lose all his confidence ....He is going to have to develop a mid range game in order to be a star player. Other wise he is just another athletic player out there and those are a dime a dozen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His game is evolving...He's learning that the D is taking away his drives, and if his three pts shots are not falling, he must learn to pull for a 10-15 ft j...He is getting frustrated because his shots are not falling..but he needs to stay with it. Its a process. Just like Rondo..

Hopefully he does'nt lose all his confidence ....He is going to have to develop a mid range game in order to be a star player. Other wise he is just another athletic player out there and those are a dime a dozen.

[/QUOTE]

We have no choice but to be patient with Green.  At this point no one else is going to trade for him.  I think it all mental on him.  Hopefully a light will go off on him before long and he will start playing the way DA and Doc invisioned him playing. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Start at what position?  Not big enough for power forward and not better than Pierce (who also stinks right now but who is at least aggressive).  There's no place for Green in the starting line up when our center is already undersized and our small forward is slow and old.  We would get even smaller with him starting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I REALLY HOPE JEFF GREEN COMES OUT OF HIS FUNK!  WE REALLY NEED HIM TO BE SUCCESSFUL THIS SEASON.

Have we overvalued what he can be for us?  I think we have.  I think we expect him to contribute the way he did in OKC.  I'm not so sure he's capable of performing at that level in Boston.

I question if the Celtics system is one where Green can flourish.  Green was a very capable player in a wide open system where all the attention was on Durant and Westbrook (and more so on Harden).  There was no pressure on him and he wasn't a focal point and that allowed him to play a little more freely.

He has huge pressure on him in Boston.  The Celtics have NOBODY who defenses pay attention to that would allow Green to "just get his".  We have no Durants or Westbrooks who Green can play off of.  Pierce no longer attracts the kind of attention that would open things up for other players.  That is why we're seeing Ray Allen play so well in Miami.

Green has never had to play the way he's being asked to play in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I REALLY HOPE JEFF GREEN COMES OUT OF HIS FUNK!  WE REALLY NEED HIM TO BE SUCCESSFUL THIS SEASON.

Have we overvalued what he can be for us?  I think we have.  I think we expect him to contribute the way he did in OKC.  I'm not so sure he's capable of performing at that level in Boston.

I question if the Celtics system is one where Green can flourish.  Green was a very capable player in a wide open system where all the attention was on Durant and Westbrook (and more so on Harden).  There was no pressure on him and he wasn't a focal point and that allowed him to play a little more freely.

He has huge pressure on him in Boston.  The Celtics have NOBODY who defenses pay attention to that would allow Green to "just get his".  We have no Durants or Westbrooks who Green can play off of.  Pierce no longer attracts the kind of attention that would open things up for other players.  That is why we're seeing Ray Allen play so well in Miami.

Green has never had to play the way he's being asked to play in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Doc thinks he can or did.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

The thing that bothers me most about Green is his passivity. The guy clearly has some plus physical gifts. There are times when he gets to the hoop with fluidity and ease. He just seems... lost. Minutes go by and he has absolutely no impact on the game. He's just too skilled a player to be floating on the court. I do actually think with their personnel the Celtics shuld be running more, which would, theoretically, benefit Green's game, but I don't think that's the whole story. The guy is a tweener forward. Despite being 6 "9" 230, he is not big enough or agressive enough to play the 4 (has this guy ever seen a weight room?). He should be able to take advantage of his size against smaller threes, but that does not seem to happen. 

While it's VERY early on, he has to be the biggest disappointment so far. This guys has to be at 14-16/5-7 for this team to be working on all cylinders. We keep hioping for a return to his play in OKC, but this is exactly how he looked during his first year. It's great he's returned to basketball, and perhaps he just needs more time, but they're paying him too much money to go 6/2. We're married to Jeff Green, but the team really has to hope it starts seeing a return on their investment. So far it's been ugly. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you're absolutely right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Concord27, of course Doc thinks he can and he's supposed to think that way because we've invested $36 million dollars in him.

But that doesn't excuse the question of "can he be that productive player we saw in OKC".

I hope he eventually can be a significant contributor but he's not now and he's never looked capable siince coming here.  I'm just wondering if the reason for that is simply because we don't have a Durant, Westbrook and Harden to allow Green to freely get his.

There is a huge difference between being the number 4 option for OKC and being counted on to be a significant contributor with a $36 million contract for Boston.  His passive mentality was ok in OKC but that mentality in the game is not what the Celtics need from him.

When you have 3 other players on the court who can absolutely take over a game, you can be a little more tentative and let the game eventually come to you.  But when you are expected to be THAT MAN to take over a game, there's a little more pressure and, when you look at his makeup, that might be a little too much for him to handle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Green has done nothing through 5 games.  Nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

snakeoil123, WHY has he done NOTHING through 5 games?  I agree with you BTW!

I think it's time to stop blaming this on the effects from heart surgery.  He looked like an all star in the preseason.  He appears to physically NOT be limited.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

snakeoil123, WHY has he done NOTHING through 5 games? I agree with you BTW!

I think it's time to stop blaming this on the effects from heart surgery. He looked like an all star in the preseason. He appears to physically NOT be limited.

Idk y everyone is so surprised by jgreen's terrible play. He is playing just like jeff green plays. He scores a little but hes not a true scorer (isnt particularly good at one offensive skill) a bad rebounder, poor defender who gets overpowered by pf's and cant stay in front of 3's.

His best year with okc he avgd 16 and 6 playing 37 MINUTES PER GAME on a horrible okc team(23-59 that season). Hes playing around 19 mpg right now which is right around half and avg 7 and 2.5, right in line with wat his  career avgs of 13-5 and slightly worse than his BEST YEAR.

He is a bench player/fringe starter. Ive said it from day one.  You dont pay $9 mil per year for a good bench player. Jet got 5, bass got 5. And both of them are better players than green is. Im not overreatcting to 5 games either. I didnt like the trade at the time it happened and I hated the contract when it happened. If jgreen was gonna break out he would have by now its his 6TH YEAR. I keep hearing about his ceiling. Hes already there. This is it. Fans got excited cuz hes scoring on some euro teams or nba backups in PRESEASON. Please. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We used to have these discussions about Bradley and he blossomed under Doc.  Same for Rondo, same for BBD.   I believe Doc will get Green to produce much more effectively.   But, I don't ever see Green as a 20 and 10 guy in the NBA.  He's not that kind of mentality.  He's a 13 or 14 point a night guy and that's what I think Doc will get him to deliver.

Right now, he is playing terrible.  But, its only been 5 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I'll wait till january for a final judgement. I believe they'll turn it

around like last season and in 2010. As long as KG is here we"ll

be fine. After all said and done he's our true leader. 

They'll gel eventually, the only significant loss was Ray, we've upgraded

almost every position and now all of a sudden we're done? 5 games.

The only concern is Green, can he get past his mental issue and

deliver, be that force of nature he can be? A 15/7 guy who plays

tenacious D. He's no(t) Worthy (or Harden) but he isn't a dud either.

Find the middle ground Jeff!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Describe Green in one word. SOFT.  Enough said.  Start him over Pierce are you kidding me.  Green can't hold Pierce's jock strap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

allow me to venture forth an analogy for jeff green......

he's antoine walker minus some size, minus all the inside game, minus the rebounding, plus a little bit of hops, and not much better from the outside than twon was. 

the other difference b/t green and twon is that while shot selection is abysmal, green doesn't fire all night long indiscriminately for 22 FGA's and green IS a better FT% than twon ever was.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Green is he same player he has always been.

it's the reason in the off-season I felt the team should walk away from him and use the money elsewhere.

now thats he's back, I HOPE Doc finds a way to use him effectively.

he's a career 44% shooter, 33% form three point land....NEVER going to be an elite shooter in this league.

career 5.5 rebounds per game despite playing over 33 minutes per game....NEVER going to be a consistant rebounder.

has to the speed and length to be a very good defender...but has NEVER done it consistantly YET.

the defense is the only thing we can hope for, that he turns into a Michael Cooper type defender off the bench.

for $8-9Million you should expect more, IMO.

Sections
Shortcuts