Jeff Green discovers cloak of invisibility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Re: Jeff Green discovers cloak of invisibility

I'm going to continue to support Jeff and not throw him under the bus.

The 10-11 season Green averaged 15.2 PPG, 5.6 Rebounds. Ok he averaged those points on a team with Durant and Westbrook. Which is pretty good imo. I must be going with my heart instead of brain on this one. He looks to be a very suprising player to me.

Going to agree with Fiercest that Bass should be on the 2nd unit also. He has a solid jumper, But when it's continuously hitting the rim and not net, A guy of his size needs to go to the basket instead of shooting their hulk hogan like arms off.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe Rame accurately posited that Marvin Williams was JB's virtual clone as far as being an underachieving lottery pick who is primarily a SF. Bass(and another) would be the more likely piece in an exchange for Milsap. Milsap would be an upgrade but the C's still need a rim protector that also cleans glass on the side...

[/QUOTE]

Lee, Melo, maybe Collins, and draft picks for Gortat

Celts get rim protector and glass cleaner with Gortat.

Trade can be done on Dec. 15.

If the Celts can do that trade, no need for Millsap.

[/QUOTE]

Git her done, Son

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

0-9. 1 pt. Just HORRIBLE!!!  After his "huge breakout" game of 17 pts (a below avg game for a pp) but a season high for a jeff green. This is it with jgreen no consistency. When your entering your 6th season and all u see is flashes, thats all your gonna see. He got 9 shots so he cant complain about touches.  Honestly I just think he and the celtics are implementing him all wrong. They are trying to make him this aggresive, go to guy, iso scorer . First hes not aggressive, and hes never been a go to guy and hes not a very good iso player (especially if u take away his right hand). Jgreen is a jack of all trades type player, hes not a scorer. Hes a guy that will give u a few points, few rebounds and very little defense. This is who he has shown to be thru his WHOLE career. I take that back he is actually consistent.. consistently mediocre.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

0-9. 1 pt. Just HORRIBLE!!!  After his "huge breakout" game of 17 pts (a below avg game for a pp) but a season high for a jeff green. This is it with jgreen no consistency. When your entering your 6th season and all u see is flashes, thats all your gonna see. He got 9 shots so he cant complain about touches.  Honestly I just think he and the celtics are implementing him all wrong. They are trying to make him this aggresive, go to guy, iso scorer . First hes not aggressive, and hes never been a go to guy and hes not a very good iso player (especially if u take away his right hand). Jgreen is a jack of all trades type player, hes not a scorer. Hes a guy that will give u a few points, few rebounds and very little defense. This is who he has shown to be thru his WHOLE career. I take that back he is actually consistent.. consistently mediocre.

[/QUOTE]

Consistently erratic.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

That's it.

But I do believe if you put KG's brain in Jeff Green's body, he'd be an allstar.

Or maybe put KG's heart in Jeff Green's body.

The list of talented players who couldnt do anything in the nba cuz of lack of determination, heart, basketball iq or simply playing hard is a very long one. Thats why when u draft a guy, trade for one or sign one in free agency. U have to ask is this guy a fighter, is he gonna bring it every night , whether hes scoring or not? U cant just flip a switch and be that guy.

Just play hard. Let the offense come to u, in the meantime defend, rebound and chase every loose ball. Thats what winners do. They dont put their head down when they miss a shot, they make up for it by playing even harder on the other end.

Whats amazing is that jgreen has the ultimate example in kg and yet he still coasts most of the time. U can see barbosa and terry have really bought in, they are playing harder and better defense than in anytime in their careers. U can see it. With jgreen I dont. Where is he on the glass? With his length and athletic ability he cant get more than 2rpg? Really? 

U could legit say that jgreen has been the 8th or 9th most effective players on the team so far.   Rondo,terry,pp,kg,bbass,barbosa,sully all have outplayed jgreen this year. U could even throw in wilcox (has played very well backing up kg) and lee (lee has played excellent defense, shot has been off tho).

Im sure this is not what da envisioned when he inked j green to that infamous 4/$36 deal coming off major surgery with no other competitors bidding on jgreens services, but yet he still gave him top dollar.  Im not a huge hollinger fan but I agree with him, worse deal of the offseason, i felt that the minute i heard about the deal and his play has just confirmed it. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Very well said.. Danny Ainge went out and obtained mediocrity this past off season. A lot of mediocrity will make you a playoff team in the Eastern conference, but not a Champion. It takes superstars to do that.

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt say that. He signed, terry and barbosa both are good players. He drafted sully who is only 20 and already a contributor.  Its ez to say superstars win. Its another thing to be able to obtain them within the restraints of the salary cap and thru trades. Also this year the marquee free agents were dwill who plays pg. So no need there. And dhoward. Who the celtics couldnt get thru a trade anyway. So DA's best and really only play was to , resign kg and add pieces for another run. Is it enough? Neither of us know. But we are in position to contend just like the lakers. The lakers are not a lock and neither are the celtics.  But both will be in position to make a run and thats all u can really do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one is going to take his bloated contract.

[/QUOTE]

That's not true.

Green has talent. He's just not consistent.

Jeff Green has 23 more games before he can be traded. By that time, we would know if Green is worth keeping or not.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  We will know by late January.   I think he's just playing himself into shape and into old form.  Doctors and others say he lost muscle mass, shooting touch, conditioning, etc.   Let's see after 3 months of regular season if there's any improvement or not.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green is not a very good player.  he wasn't good before heart surgery.

I can't understand why Ainge is in love with this guy. 

Green's also gettng too much playing time. 

Don;t expect anything more from this guy - over rated.

[/QUOTE]

Too much playing time?   I see the opposite.  Clearly he couldn't throw it in the ocean last night, but he stayed aggressive.  I liked that part.  If he shoots and finishes around the basket like he normally does but stays aggressive and TRIES to take his man more often like he did yesterday, I think he'll be of value to us.  He was just off last night but that's a better problem than the nights when he's timid!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's it.

But I do believe if you put KG's brain in Jeff Green's body, he'd be an allstar.

Or maybe put KG's heart in Jeff Green's body.

[/QUOTE]

LOL.   Good fantasy.  I'd LOVE to see KG's heart in KG's younger body or JG's current body!   All Star and championship calibre player instantly!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In small defense of Green,  he took it to the rim about 4 or 5 times.  I personally think he got fouled on 4 of them.  Other players probably would have gotten free throws.  You could even see his facial expression that he couldn't believe he didn't get a call.  Normally he has no reaction at all..  I know this is nitpicking a little  but he was definitely fouled numerous times taking it to the rim which we all want to see.  Sad he was rewarded for those efforts.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Noticed that stat.

If  he doesn't develop consistency, he'll play himself right into  another  team's roster.

[/QUOTE]

LET'S HOPE SO!!! HE STINKS.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, this guy cant get a break. Just try to evaluate him based on reality and remember YOU are not paying this man. Other than that, why all the Hate?

If you ask me, the Haters are Hating because THEY expected MUCH more and to me thats not being realistic. He has never played a full season here and is coming off a surgery I Doubt anyone here had and played professionally after so give the guy a break. He is not the reason for losing as far as I can see. Is he getting double digit rebounds every night??? No, but WHO is?  See this is my problem. People are pointing to TEAM problems and looking J.G. to fix them!?!?   How about holding everyone accountable and realizing that this is an old team that is getting pushed around every night and the one guy in Green who can maybe help is not even getting a healthy bulk of minutes. The other night he had 23 minutes. Weve watched over the years while PP has easily gotten 40 plus minutes a night yet we expect a guy to be instant offense off the bench where he hasnt played all career expect here. I see a guy who is still confused about his role.Playing 3/4 is hard defensively and just trying to fit in. Doc said he needs to not wait for plays to be called and go get it and he is adjusting. Give the kid time. He is coming along slowly because his confidence has to build after a year off. NON Balling Mo Fo's always running they yaps but probably NEVER played....Jeeesh! Sit back , be a fan and CTFU or go join the Heat like that Beyoutch Ray Allen! Seriously and DEFINATELY DOnt say ANYTHING Good about the kid if ever gets it in gear because you will look foolish so make ur choice now. Are you gonna support the guy or not.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Wow, this guy cant get a break. Just try to evaluate him based on reality and remember YOU are not paying this man. Other than that, why all the Hate?

If you ask me, the Haters are Hating because THEY expected MUCH more and to me thats not being realistic. He has never played a full season here and is coming off a surgery I Doubt anyone here had and played professionally after so give the guy a break. He is not the reason for losing as far as I can see. Is he getting double digit rebounds every night??? No, but WHO is?  See this is my problem. People are pointing to TEAM problems and looking J.G. to fix them!?!?   How about holding everyone accountable and realizing that this is an old team that is getting pushed around every night and the one guy in Green who can maybe help is not even getting a healthy bulk of minutes. The other night he had 23 minutes. Weve watched over the years while PP has easily gotten 40 plus minutes a night yet we expect a guy to be instant offense off the bench where he hasnt played all career expect here. I see a guy who is still confused about his role.Playing 3/4 is hard defensively and just trying to fit in. Doc said he needs to not wait for plays to be called and go get it and he is adjusting. Give the kid time. He is coming along slowly because his confidence has to build after a year off. NON Balling Mo Fo's always running they yaps but probably NEVER played....Jeeesh! Sit back , be a fan and CTFU or go join the Heat like that Beyoutch Ray Allen! Seriously and DEFINATELY DOnt say ANYTHING Good about the kid if ever gets it in gear because you will look foolish so make ur choice now. Are you gonna support the guy or not.

I am one of jgreen's biggest critics. I just dont see him as a very good player. Do I hope im wrong? Of course.  BUt I dont think ill be proven wrong tho.

U say hes not the reason the cs are losing. Then how come the cs are 4-1 when he scores double digits? So that shows when jeff green plays well, the cs do well. So by that logic when he doesnt play well we dont do well. So he is a major reason for our record. Other players on the team are playing great, rondo,kg, pp, terry, sully. All have exceeded or met expectations. Jgreen is avg 8ppg 2rpg and shooting 40%. Horrible. I wasnt expecting a 20 pt scorer, but he should be able to give us 12-14 ppg 4-5 rpg those are  not high expectations. Those are totally reasonable expectations. (career avgs) He has not delivered and u could make excuses for recovering from surgery.... but even prior to that,when the cs first aquired him he was avg 9ppg. He is playing exactly the same way he did when we first got him.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Maybe it is Doc's offensive system? As a Laker fan, I can clearly see a huge difference in the play of Antawn Jamison now as compared to the Princeton offense that Mike Brown had them in at the beginning of the season.

This could be a factor, seeing as  they  put him in the corner a lot. But I just think the cs are trying to make him something hes not, a go to scorer.  Hes never been that. To me terry or barbosa are more natural scorers than jgreen is. Jgreen should be an intagible player, a guy who can defend, rebound and score a little bit. Thats who he should thrive to be.  And that is also what the celtics should try to get out of him.  He lit up a couple euros in preason and people had the audacity to compare him to james worthy, as a lakers fan u should really be offended by that one.  It was just ridiculous.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Green is just soft.  He doesn't play tough so he disappears on different nights.  We never should have traded Perk for this guy.  Soft, soft, soft.  I will now refer to him as Jeff "pillowman" Green