Jeff Green Has Arrived!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Jeff Green Has Arrived!!

Looks like he found his comfort zone tonite on offense and defense.  Gonna be a lot of fun watching him play with Rondo.  I def. like him in the lineup with K.G. at the 5.  Its a speed matchup but not really small.  Shooting 67% right now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Jeff Green Has Arrived!!

love this trade more and more. and these guys have only played a few games together. IF IF IF we can stay healthy and get shaq and delonte back, who makes the 12-man roster to start the playoffs? bradley will be left out, but who else? gonna have a lot of options.

love this team and the versatility of all these interchangeable parts. doc's gonna love this once he figures it all out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We will play 12 to 13 just not all at once we will use differnt players in match ups that we can exploit/ We are Deep

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Green & Rondo put on a show there for a while.

Another dimension getting Green on the break.

First half was alot of fun to watch

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He looks like AC Green but I hope he eventually  like Big Game James Worthy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

J.G. reminds me a bit of when we drafted Joe Johnson and he fit right in with Paul n' Toine.  He kind of has a similar game the way he plays smooth and under control and can exploit people with his midrange game.  I think he is less of a passer than J.J. but is more explosive going to the basket.  Its like getting a rookie who already has NBA experience. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

this team is exciting as heck...yeah, I miss Perk, but I am very stoked on the additions...just the way it is, you cant have everybody...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Speed and scoring C's. This is what the better teams play with now. With the C's team now (with everybody on board) can play either way. Looking good. Jeff Green a big addition that will get better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green Has Arrived!!:
    love this trade more and more. and these guys have only played a few games together. IF IF IF we can stay healthy and get shaq and delonte back, who makes the 12-man roster to start the playoffs? bradley will be left out, but who else? gonna have a lot of options. love this team and the versatility of all these interchangeable parts. doc's gonna love this once he figures it all out.
    Posted by kaktug

Sasha Pavlovic

Assuming all around health I'm guessing Chris Johnson and Sasha Pavlovic sit with bradley.  Although it is possible Wafer sits. Seems a mistake to me though. 

Sasha Pavlovic

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Jeff Green has arrived and it's good to touch the Green, Green grass of home!

HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

What we learned tonight is a Star Was Born. He is an instant All Star with this team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Guys, calm down, it's only GS, and Ellis dropped 41 on us tonight.  We traded defense for offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Guys, calm down, it's only GS, and Ellis dropped 41 on us tonight.  We traded defense for offense.
    Posted by rpn313

The Celts needed offense. Notice every game the Celts lost to the Lakers the last 2 years is because the Celts couldn't score in the last 5 minutes of the game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Anytime you beat a team without a starting center your back up poin guard your regular 6th man thats a big win. Even when the game was close I never thought we would fold. Ellis is a scorer her can do that against anyone.

We beat all the teams we needed to beat all year. We put ourselvers in this position to be where we are. Everyone else is in there tough part of the schedual and not making any ground on us while we retooling our bench.

Im excited

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

What I love most has been when the bench comes in and they are scoring
    and either staying even or extending the lead.  So much versatility!  Everyone is playing both ways.  No stiffs who only play one dimensionally.  No watching everyone standing around, lots of movement and passing. 

Did these guys just get here or am I dreaming.  Everyone just seems in sink w/
    each other, like the Heat plays!!  (Oh wait, the Heat are still trying to find some
    cohesivness.)  Wait till they get use to each other. 

And Pearce can now come out and play hard for less minutes and not worry about an offense or defensive drout.  He looks like a kid, fresh and young.

This may be the best overall basketball since the Russell days.  They can run FAST, they can pass, play defense, and adapt to almost all situations.  There is so much potential here.  

Thank God they didn't get to sign Brewer oR I would be dying of a heart seizure, slowly, but it would have been too much for me.

I love this!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

Our opponents has been scoring 100+ points against the Celtics. What is the opponents points allowed per game last year of the Boston Celtics, 90+ points?

We cant allow this teams to score 100+ points over us. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

J.G. reminds me a bit of when we drafted Joe Johnson and he fit right in with Paul n' Toine.  He kind of has a similar game the way he plays smooth and under control and can exploit people with his midrange game.  I think he is less of a passer than J.J. but is more explosive going to the basket.  Its like getting a rookie who already has NBA experience. 
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I hope our 6'9" 4th year 24 year old forward doesn't remind you of our 6'7" rookie 20 year old SG who played 48 games, avg'd a 6-3 and Jim O'Brian told our GM that Kedrick Brown was a better player so he'd rather see JJ traded to PHX than Kederick...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Anytime you beat a team without a starting center your back up poin guard your regular 6th man thats a big win. Even when the game was close I never thought we would fold. Ellis is a scorer her can do that against anyone. We beat all the teams we needed to beat all year. We put ourselvers in this position to be where we are. Everyone else is in there tough part of the schedual and not making any ground on us while we retooling our bench. Im excited
    Posted by genaro008

just make sure you call Shaq an 18mpg starter and not the typical 26mpg starting C

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Guys, calm down, it's only GS, and Ellis dropped 41 on us tonight.  We traded defense for offense."

Not totally true - the only defensive player we traded was Perk and he didn't play much d this year because he wasn't on the court. The Celtics have had a habit of letting teams come back on them all year. And remember, letting Ellis get his points is a great way to beat Golden State. There are a bunch of Ellis fanboys in this forum who confuse his great but incredibly selfish offensive game with good team ball. He's a scorer but a loser. He will never win a championship and his teams will never win. He's Iverson with even less passing. 

We did give up some defensive intensity in this trade but Jeff Green can be taught to buy into the defensive concepts and he could do a decent job on Carmelo and Lebron. 

I'm not sold on the trade yet but you can certainly see that it could have its benefits. We certainly didn't give Perk away. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

An intriquing prospect for crunch time: Pierce, Green, KG, Ray and West.

Five reliable preimeter scorers to spread the floor.  Almost impossible to doubleteam.  Court open for slashing attacks and low post scoring by Pierce, Green and KG with Allen and West on the perimeter making the opponent pay. 

The C's haven't had this option since Posey was here and they'd use him at the four with KG sliding to the five along with Pierce, Ray and House.

Smallball is now an option.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

An intriquing prospect for crunch time: Pierce, Green, KG, Ray and West. Five reliable preimeter scorers to spread the floor.  Almost impossible to doubleteam.  Court open for slashing attacks and low post scoring by Pierce, Green and KG with Allen and West on the perimeter making the opponent pay.  The C's haven't had this option since Posey was here and they'd use him at the four with KG sliding to the five along with Pierce, Ray and House. Smallball is now an option.
    Posted by paulliu
    Ball goes inside, then outside for the open jumper..no shot...back inside for the bunny...murderer's row!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dpaul3614. Show dpaul3614's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green Has Arrived!! : The Celts needed offense. Notice every game the Celts lost to the Lakers the last 2 years is because the Celts couldn't score in the last 5 minutes of the game. 
    Posted by P34

My thoughts exactly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

If Green was here all year, we may have had 5 All Stars in the All Star game. in his 3rd game, he puts up 21 points in 28 minutes? That is really impressive when think about the efficiency of that stat line.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Paillu, I love that lineup you wrote about with West and Green in for Rondo and Kristic(who also seems to struggle at the line) 

It would be fantastic because teams couldnt leave Rondo and double team in the paint, or play hack a Rondo like Gentry did...but I just dont think Doc would take out his star pg in crunch time.  I would certainly hope if he had to make that decision he could, but the flipside of that is can u trust Delonte, but just for the upgrade in foul shooting it would be worth it...we shall see.... I think Rondo should be motivated to hit his freebies come playoff time after last summer, cuz this time we have a guy to replace him if he struggles...

Sections
Shortcuts