Jeff Green is a total bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Jeff Green is a total bust

who trades away a defensive starting center for a bench wing player who
    scores 2 pts a game? who is jeff green? he may be the most overrated player
    in basketball history. what does he do that is really good? he is not strong enough
    to be a power forward, not quick enough to be small forward. he is not a great shooter, great defender, great rebounder; basically he is a marginal bench player who will average about 4 pts a game with 3 rebounds during the playoffs. in other
    words a total bust. thanks danny

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Jeff Green is a total bust

okay colonel mustard.

the celts, if there was actually a real coach at the helm, you know, with a pulse and all, should run green as a 4 for some of his time on the floor so that he can have the same match up advantages he did in OKC.

Doc has flunked out at NOT ONLY integrating Green, but proper use of delonte, minute management for Pierce and Ray Allen, and devising ways to have Rondo avoid being exposed for the one trick pony that he is.

You can thank Doc Rivers for being a real hack of a coach.  This team coached itself in 2008.  WHEN a team struggles, the coach does more than just frown and look put out like Doc did today against the Heat in the first half.  Zero leadership.  UBUNTU is a nice concept, something Barack Obams would be good with- it's a big diversion from the fact hat neither Barry nor Doc can do their jobs when it's nut cupping time and high time to make up some plays, different rotations, etc. 

Doc is a one trick pony.  Good out of bounds plays in clock-tight situations.  Other than that you could have a blow up doll on the bench, even with a slow leak so it's just a heap of plastic by the end of the third quarter, and it would do just as much as Doc does for this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Brutal assessment but well put.  He was touted as the best player in the trade.  There is no way to use him though. I can't believe Danny is that stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust:
    okay colonel mustard. the celts, if there was actually a real coach at the helm, you know, with a pulse and all, should run green as a 4 for some of his time on the floor so that he can have the same match up advantages he did in OKC. Doc has flunked out at NOT ONLY integrating Green, but proper use of delonte, minute management for Pierce and Ray Allen, and devising ways to have Rondo avoid being exposed for the one trick pony that he is. You can thank Doc Rivers for being a real hack of a coach.  This team coached itself in 2008.  WHEN a team struggles, the coach does more than just frown and look put out like Doc did today against the Heat in the first half.  Zero leadership.  UBUNTU is a nice concept, something Barack Obams would be good with- it's a big diversion from the fact hat neither Barry nor Doc can do their jobs when it's nut cupping time and high time to make up some plays, different rotations, etc.  Doc is a one trick pony.  Good out of bounds plays in clock-tight situations.  Other than that you could have a blow up doll on the bench, even with a slow leak so it's just a heap of plastic by the end of the third quarter, and it would do just as much as Doc does for this team.
    Posted by aciemvp

great assessment, acie. Makes you wonder about the impact that Thibodeau had on this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

okay colonel mustard. the celts, if there was actually a real coach at the helm, you know, with a pulse and all, should run green as a 4 for some of his time on the floor so that he can have the same match up advantages he did in OKC. Doc has flunked out at NOT ONLY integrating Green, but proper use of delonte, minute management for Pierce and Ray Allen, and devising ways to have Rondo avoid being exposed for the one trick pony that he is. You can thank Doc Rivers for being a real hack of a coach.  This team coached itself in 2008.  WHEN a team struggles, the coach does more than just frown and look put out like Doc did today against the Heat in the first half.  Zero leadership.  UBUNTU is a nice concept, something Barack Obams would be good with- it's a big diversion from the fact hat neither Barry nor Doc can do their jobs when it's nut cupping time and high time to make up some plays, different rotations, etc.  Doc is a one trick pony.  Good out of bounds plays in clock-tight situations.  Other than that you could have a blow up doll on the bench, even with a slow leak so it's just a heap of plastic by the end of the third quarter, and it would do just as much as Doc does for this team.
    Posted by aciemvp

Don't know if I agree on everything you said about Doc but one thing I absolutely agree on is the Doc is the reason Green isnt doing well.  He even admitted early on in an interview that he wasnt sure how to use him and its still obvious he hasnt figured it out which in itself is pathetic.  Green has talent but is totally being misused and he seems lost a lot but I blame Doc for that because he has set him up to fail....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Agreed. He plays no defense. He has never played defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust : Don't know if I agree on everything you said about Doc but one thing I absolutely agree on is the Doc is the reason Green isnt doing well.  He even admitted early on in an interview that he wasnt sure how to use him and its still obvious he hasnt figured it out which in itself is pathetic.  Green has talent but is totally being misused and he seems lost a lot but I blame Doc for that because he has set him up to fail....
    Posted by CASox

Ain't that pathetic.  Can't figure out how to use a guy who can cover at 3 positions, maybe not 100% superb at either of the 3 but this guy can RUN and there is your running mate for rondo on the fast break.  He's an above average shooter and can draw fouls in the post. 

Green might not be perfect but he's a hell of a lot better than Daniels ever was.

Doc is a regimented, stubborn fool who is not really about "ubuntu", he's about doing what Doc Rivers wants to do.  If he really was "ubuntu" then he'd have green into the swing of things and contributing what he can to this team, which is a lot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I cant agree with that acie.  when the thunder played they were ten points a game better when Jeff Green was on the bench. This isn't a new thing with Green. He was defensive liability who didn't rebound in Oklahoma and he still is. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I cant agree with that acie.  when the thunder played they were ten points a game better when Jeff Green was on the bench. This isn't a new thing with Green. He was defensive liability who didn't rebound in Oklahoma and he still is. 
    Posted by jtkl

ok, forget about jeff green.

can you tell me why, oh why, has ray allen been run 35+ minutes a game this year with able subs wafer and daniels on hand at all times?

same thing with pierce.  too many minutes.

now that we have delonte..... you don't see him playing much of a role, do ya.

loads of great parts, just over-use of the old 3.

and i still say green, defensive warts and all, could function in the second unit in an able fashion. 

glen davis is a good post up player. too much this year we have seen him given the pass with 3 seconds on the clock and he has to shoot deep jumpers as the buzzer rings.  this guy could be a FTA machine if you give him a steady diet of looks in the post.  HAY DON"T LOOK NOW, but we might be able to get people like Joel Anthony and Chrisp Bosh into foul trouble.  NAWWWW, don't want to do that do ya?

Everywhere I look during this stretch of tribulations, I see no coaching.  You?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust : ok, forget about jeff green. can you tell me why, oh why, has ray allen been run 35+ minutes a game this year with able subs wafer and daniels on hand at all times? same thing with pierce.  too many minutes. now that we have delonte..... you don't see him playing much of a role, do ya. loads of great parts, just over-use of the old 3. and i still say green, defensive warts and all, could function in the second unit in an able fashion.  glen davis is a good post up player. too much this year we have seen him given the pass with 3 seconds on the clock and he has to shoot deep jumpers as the buzzer rings.  this guy could be a FTA machine if you give him a steady diet of looks in the post.  HAY DON"T LOOK NOW, but we might be able to get people like Joel Anthony and Chrisp Bosh into foul trouble.  NAWWWW, don't want to do that do ya? Everywhere I look during this stretch of tribulations, I see no coaching.  You?
    Posted by aciemvp

The thing, is I don't think there was enough time to integrate a completly revamped bench. You are right about the minutes, although injures were a big part, but In this game our bench was outscored 32-12. The starters were out scored 68-65. The starters competed. I think Ray is worn down, but I think he was better with perk knocking everyone down on picks for people guarding ray. Shaq can do it, if he gets healthy. if. anyway, gonna, to bed. take care. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Back to Jeff Green - He DID play defense in college.  He was pretty well known and respected for it.  The trouble is he got some bad habits from OKC which he's trying to unlearn.  He was also a STARTER on a team that just beat the Lakers today and - while he was with them - nearly knocked them out last year.  Give him a chance.  Give Doc a chance to figure out how to use him.  Obviously that second part has to happen quickly.  But as for Green, let him at least get a full season under his belt.  Let him get a chance to feel like a part of his team rather than the consolation prize for a traded brother.  Let him get a chance to BE one of the brothers before deciding whether he fits.

You know, people always wonder why the good Celtics teams - since the late 80s -are always so "OLD?"  Always dominated by 30-somethings?  Part of it's bad drafting but part of it is that we've given up on young players too soon.

Green represents a chance for us to build a post-Big 3 nucleus of 20-somethings.  A team that can potentially dominate for more than 3-4 years.  Let's at least make it a fair chance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Posted by aciemvp

The Celtics are a year older Acie and the moves Danny made haven't really worked out. That isn't Doc's fault. Time Waits for no One.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust :                  The Celtics are a year older Acie and the moves Danny made haven't really worked out. That isn't Doc's fault. Time Waits for no One.
    Posted by walton

It is Doc's fault for not figuring out how to get Green into the swing of things.  Perkins was a dundering blob of a man who had trouble moving before the knee injury.  Krstic - J O'neal and S O'neal will be fine at the 5.

It IS Doc's fault for running the living shizzle out of ray for yet another year- WELL OVER 35 minutes, how da ya think that's going to work out starting about now and WHY weren't wafer and daniels used more?

Repeat nearly all of above for Pierce, who now likely has to grind it out with Lebron or Carmelo.  Gee, sure wish we could have used Marquis more, Marquis should have been getting 30 mins a night.  But what DID he get?  Half of that if he's lucky and I didn't even check, but I know he's lucky if he got 15 mins.    Wafer-Marquis at the 2-3 should have been a nice bench- scoring outside and in!!  What could have been.

It IS Doc's fault for not managing the tempo of the team more, suddenly, we stopped moving.  BELIEVE ME, Perkins had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RUNOUTS and hurry ups that we used to get!!

So where did the tempo go?  Who cares, but it's a COACH"S job to get a team back on course with tempo.    Jeff Green  is a great "piece" for upping the tempo, yet he runs the floor alone on the break.

ALL of these things are coaching, or lack-thereof issues.  It's not just a matter of a "deal didn't work out" and "time goes on, they are older now".  KG is playing out his butt and Pierce had a career year.  Ray had a great year too until the used up issue rose its ugly head in the last three weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Jeff Green is not a bust. He has proven himself in OKC as a steady 3rd option in offense behind Durant and Westbrook. and that is a tough place to be behind those two.

He is just not getting minutes in the Cs right now. he's losing confidence.

Is it doc's fault? no. because we have KG and Paul Pierce. he was used to logging minutes of a starter. and now, with a diminished role and playing time, it has gotten into his head.

maybe in time he'll be able to adjust. if he don't, then yeah he's a bust.

but then again, how long do u think KG and PP will be starters for the Cs? when that dreaded time comes, i hope Jeff Green can be solid again as a starter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Once he gets our defense totally down, he should be our 6th man and get as many minutes as possible - both to get his confidence back up and to preserve KG and PP's energies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I agree we need to play JGreen more and play  BBD less minutes if possible.  What happened to Wafer?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I have no idea.  Wafer has been under-utilized all season, especially now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

He's a fine player, he should have been used to spell Pierce and Garnett. Much better player than Davis who I think should be giving half his salary to Garnett for making him into a much better player than I thought he'd become.

Green is a very talented player and a potential cornerstone for the next Celtics era. Needs to find a bit more aggression though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust : great assessment, acie. Makes you wonder about the impact that Thibodeau had on this team.
    Posted by guyfromtex

So far the celtics is just an average team. The trade is actually not a solution for an 18th banner. Doc is a motivator but he is not a tactician it's Thibs who actually run the defense of the celtics which make them a formidable opponents of any teams in the NBA. I actually puzzled why the celtic did make a trade with the jazz for Big Al and D-will for celtics Perkins and Rondo for me it is a very good trade a beneficial to both teams present or in the future. What do you think?                        "No Body Does It Better Than The Boston Celtics" 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id have to agree on alot of things acie posted.

Doc doesnt manage minutes well even though he preaches limiting the older guys minutes every season. 

Green not getting much minutes or points anymore...He was getting us 10-15 a night, what happened?  KRistic too...

Wafer was playing exceptional right before his injury... Now hes back and rotting on the bench.

I think sometimes Docs solution is "let them work it out"  ... he says the right things like yesterday..."KEEP IT SIMPLE"... once the thread the needle passes and crosscourt hero passes started, we started turning the ball over and the HEat got the momentum...

OK Doc, good observation... but the stupid turnovers continued... and what did you do? Right, nothing... HE wont pull a starter... nope, not until the script on his clipboard says its time.  No accountability...

ROndos early wild layup that was lucky it didnt hit the scoreboard... his herky/jerky passes in the lane in bad spots... just continued.. Pull him out DOc! Let him understand this just cant continue without some consequence.  Rondo was getting himself in trouble in the lane, then flippin off a pass in the direction of a teammate... forcing uncomfortable possessions and bad results.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

All you guys jumping ship like wet rats!  Is it the playoffs?  Nope!  Forget about it!  This team has showed how it can turn it on and turn it off!  See you all on the blogs later eating crow suckers!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

The C's problem is the lack of Perk AND shaq.  If we had either they would be a big help in their own way.  Perk would give the solid D and another rebounder and group of fouls, while shaq gives the solid O, another rebounder and group of fouls.  Jermaine is probably a better rebounder than either, but worse not enough by himself, even with kirstic.  The C's need shaq back at 80%+ for the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I've written numerous times on Doc's substitution patterns which obviously created indesicision and the bench players not establishing a rythmn when on the floor. Green wasn't a big time shooter in OK nor was he a defensive stopper so get off him....the blame lies with Danny and Doc for allowing total destruction of this team. Hey did you hear the Sox shutout the Yankees? 

Sections
Shortcuts