Jeff Green is a total bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Re: Jeff Green is a total bust

I did not thing that making the ECF was the goal. I thought it was winning banner number 18.

Noah will not play a Celtic Center, he will play KG. Noah has no chance against KG.

The worry is not the Bulls, when the Celtics are focused, the Celtics will own the Bulls. The worry is the Lakers in the finals. Matching up against the Laker front line is the only question. Will they? I hope so.

Any games down the stretch for either the Celtics or the Lakers, involved suspect focus and motivation. The switch will turn on for both teams in the play-offs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust : I think the first missing post was from dslack's board. The second post that went missing was after the Knicks/Celtics game last April 13. It was about withdrawal of support for Avery Bradley. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

How humiliating!  My bad! Thanks for telling me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust : And who's fault would THAT be?  I don't know the exact answer to that rhetorical question, but it would certainly not be Green's. 
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

The GM's...for replacing a guy who fit with a guy who did not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I've been pretty outspoken about my feelings on this trade.  In my humble opinion it's bad for a number of reasons, but none of them are Jeff Green's fault!!

He is doing his job in terms of being a backup to Paul Pierce and adding some scoring to the second unit.  He's a bit out of sorts on Defense so he doesn't get as much playing time as we, as fans, would like to see.  He will be a very good player for us after a full training camp when he can actually learn the plays. Unfortunately that doesn't help us this year and it makes him an easy target.

Jeff Green didn't ask to be in this position but he's doing a pretty good job, all things considered!  Its just too bad he isn't 6 inches taller and can't play center.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Jeff Green is a total bust:
    [QUOTE] who trades away a defensive starting center for a bench wing player who scores 2 pts a game? who is jeff green? he may be the most overrated player in basketball history. what does he do that is really good? he is not strong enough to be a power forward, not quick enough to be small forward. he is not a great shooter, great defender, great rebounder; basically he is a marginal bench player who will average about 4 pts a game with 3 rebounds during the playoffs. in other words a total bust. thanks danny
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I d,ont know what Jeff Green you watch.The on playing for thr celtics is a good hhoter,good defender,excellent lasher,good rebound,only 24 years old.Potential to be a star.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is a total bust : I can't agree with Acie, either.  He has a right to his opinion, but every Celtic problem in his mind is due to Doc Rivers.  So, we all know Acie has no respect for Doc.  He has put it in every thread he's been on recently. I agree with MsLithium.  Jeff played good D in college and picked up bad habits in OKC.  OKC is well known for their TERRIBLE defense.  Barkely harks on it all the time.  That's why they needed Perk.   Green, in the meantime, went from one of their big 3 to on the bench.  We can't expect him to just step in here and be a starter after being replaced/losing his position on a team that is NOT as good as the Celts. And as for Ray, Acie - I agree Ray has played too many minutes, but its not as bad as it seems.  Ray is in great shape and Wafer was NOT available all the time.  In the beginning, he had the Green and Nate Robinson disease - he couldn't play Celtic Defense.  Then, he was getting better and got hurt.   Marquis was NEVEr capable of playing shooting guard.  he was a black hole of a 3 player and while Pierce was capable of playing some 2, that didn't save him minutes.  Ray and Pierce both didn't have good subs all year.   That's Danny's issue and the injury bug, not Doc's issue.   Step trying to blame EVERY problem on Doc.   he's managed our injury situation as well as anyone could. last but most important - DON'T panic, guys.  Doc and the veterans know what they are doing. They would love to have won more games but like everyone on this Board knows:  1. We need a center and he's been injured for something like 57 games!! and 2. our entire bench got injured and changed out so it took time to get them ready and we had NO practice time to do that and 3. These veterans are much more focused and energized during the playoffs, including Rondo. Have faith, fellow fans.  Celts will make a great playoff run. Don't know if we will win it all, but we will make a great run for sure.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

1. does doc command respect?  do you ever listen to the vapid rah rah bull that is the sum total of what doc says in every huddle.  they should rip the wire off of him already.  in 3 years of celts relevance he's repeated himself 489 times.  how can i respect a coach that doesn't make shooting competence a condition of his point guard getting big minutes? 

2. daniels could cover 2 and 3, and wafer after that.  yet ray still played career-high-in-green minutes.  there is NO excuse for that.  the fruit of this stupidity has been the huge rayslump that has been the ENTIRE LAST MONTH of play- how can you sit there and pretend everything is fine. 

what about EVERY SINGLE PLAYOFF season- ray goes dead.  flat liner.  has a hot game and then disapepars for 10 or 12 games.  he's doing that SOONER THAN EVER now and this year we had more help than ever to keep his minutes down. 

but doc wouldn't have any of it.  now ray HAS to play huge minutes and he's already had a huge slump earlier than ever.  you don't think another one is coming?  i fear that one is, although i hope one is not.

same thing with pierce.  daniels could cover the 3 and now green can cover spot mins at the 3 too but rarely does pierce play less than 38 mins a night.  part of being a coach is adjusting to player's decline and most of all trying to prevent it from coming to the forefront. 

the ONLY player doc passes this test with is KG.  that's it.  he's 1 for 3.  that's an F for a grade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So Doc is a terrible coach, right Acie?   I could go on disputing your points like showing you Ray's stats and showing you how he carried us against the Bulls or how well he did championship year against the Lakers but what's the point - you don't listen to facts, my man.  You simply hate Doc and that's clear.  Its ok, we all hate someone in the league and Doc is your guy.

My only real question to you is:  do you at least acknowledge that the Celtics have had more "strife" than any contender in the league this year with the injuries and the trade?  Could any of their issues be associated with not having a Center most of the year when Shaq, JON, and Perk were all gone and with all the other injuries?   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge traded for Green because Daniels got hurt. So Jeff Green is Marquis Daniels' replacement. Marquis played 49 games for the Cs and averaged 5.5 ppg in 19.1 minutes per game. With the Celtics Jeff Green played a total of 26 games and averaged 9.8 ppg in 23.5 minutes per game. Do the math and you'll know Jeff Green is an upgrade over Marquis Daniels. If the Celtics didn't make a move then Pavlovic would be the only option at the backup SF spot. Right now the Celtics are going to have to face Melo, Lebron, and possibly Deng in the ECF. No dominant Center in the way unless the Magic, which I think will beat the Bulls, will end up in the ECF.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Excellent post!  All excellent points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Sorry guys,

This not about rest, it is about attitude, and focus.

The 82 game schedule , injuries and trades have had more to do with the Celtics current state than rest. These are "the best conditioned athletes in the world".

Trust me, after the first series everyone will know what the team can do. The rules loosen up, the focus is on the real season, and the Celtics will come to play.

Do they have what it takes to win an championship? I don't know. We will have to wait and see.

By the way, I hated the Perkins trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry guys, This not about rest, it is about attitude, and focus. The 82 game schedule , injuries and trades have had more to do with the Celtics current state than rest. These are "the best conditioned athletes in the world". Trust me, after the first series everyone will know what the team can do. The rules loosen up, the focus is on the real season, and the Celtics will come to play. Do they have what it takes to win an championship? I don't know. We will have to wait and see. By the way, I hated the Perkins trade.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

I missed the post where in this thread they talked about "its all about rest".  I partially agree with you that its about focus and they'll bring it in the playoffs.  But, i think the mental and physical rest will allow them to be more focused so it all plays together.

But, yes, I agree that the Celts will definitely come to play!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry guys, This not about rest, it is about attitude, and focus. The 82 game schedule , injuries and trades have had more to do with the Celtics current state than rest. These are "the best conditioned athletes in the world". Trust me, after the first series everyone will know what the team can do. The rules loosen up, the focus is on the real season, and the Celtics will come to play. Do they have what it takes to win an championship? I don't know. We will have to wait and see. By the way, I hated the Perkins trade.

Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

-

Yeah, get this, I been reading this guy from Minnosottia, or wherever that is, and he keeps saying that . . .  IT IS NOT ABOUT REST ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! THESE ARE THE BEST CONDITIONED ATHLETES IN THE WORLD. BLAH. BLAH. BLAH.

As if saying it enough times is going to make it true. 

BS, that's what that is, BS, and no matter how many times you say it, it will still not be true, just a half-baked opinion.

These guys were beyond physically exhausted by the end of the regular season.

Nuff said.  End of story.

Anyone who says it was all mental and not physical because . . .THESE ARE THE BEST CONDITIONED ATHLETES IN THE WORLD . . . ought TO have their head examined, by the BEST HEAD EXAMINEER IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]When I was a kid, one my first jobs was working at a restaurant. There was this old guy that was just miserable to be around. He had been there for around fifteen years. Nobody could get a word out of him that wasn't work related.
    Completely unsociable joyless human being that walked around with a sad/angry look on his face every minute of every day. I don't even remember his name. But I remember how depressing it was to deal with him. That's what Jeff Green reminds of. His facial expressions scream "I hate being here."

It's not even the the Kendrick Perkins angry scoul that seems to be so popular in the NBA nowadays. He just looks miserable. Like playing basketball is the last thing on Earth he wants to be doing.   Ainge gutted this team for Green when he already had Wafer who is clearly a better player. I've been saying it from day one. Danny Ainge scares me. It's his strength of conviction that I find unnerving. He is still defending the trade and claiming that it made this team better for this season. I hope it's just for show and that he isn't really that stupid. But I'm starting to suspect my hopes aere misplaced. Not to mention all the lying coming out of the Celtics front office on the injury front. I'm starting to get a little tired of this group. 

Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

-

Well said, my friend.

In game one of the playoffs Jeff Green was a non factor.  Again he looked lost, tentative, and passive.

I can't believe that some people advocate putting Green in the starting lineup.  Certainly not basketball professionals like Doc and Danny.

He can't even fulfill his role of the bench, for crying out loud.

He's a nice guy but geez, so was Nate, and he contributed to the chemistry of the team.  This Green is a downer, dead weight.

I agree, Danny screwed up on this one.

Sections
Shortcuts