Jeff Green is NOT a power forward

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward

The NBA has changed new players are more versital play 2 positions to exploit different matchups/

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Slice it up any way you want it Green will get 28-32 minutes. We have 8  guys that could avg 25 +- minutes a game; Rondo,PP,KG,Bass,Green,Lee,Bradley and JET. There are 240 minutes in a game. I feel our top 8 will be very productive. The bulk of the remaining 20 minutes will be divided mostly by Wilcox and Sullinger with Joe,Xmas, Melo or J Smith fighting for the scraps.That is a very good very deep lineup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : And Green will be exploited at power forward.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    He will not play power forward against players that can over power him his major minutes will be at 3 resting PP and minutes at the 4 will be when his talents work in our favor

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Green was traded to BOS to play the "Posey Role" ("Backup SF / Stretch PF"). Period. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9AIwzZtFAA    (1:55) Posted by PuPirate[/QUOTE] Posey was a gritty lock down defender who could hit the 3. Green is an athletic versatile sf with much more potential. Scoring,runnin the break....not a good comparison. Def diff players in many aspects

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : He will not play power forward against players that can over power him his major minutes will be at 3 resting PP and minutes at the 4 will be when his talents work in our favor Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE] Exactly Why do we have to label him solely as a sf. More min at the 3 but his versatility is a plus. Lebrun isn't a 4 and I would much rather green guard him than bass. We can create mis matches and defend other teams lineup changes. There are plenty of small, quick pf, some of which hang around the peremiter. bargnani example. Having rondo will be an incentive to go small sometimes and in order to get lee, terry, Bradley and Pierce min, doc will have to use green at pf sometimes, especially if lee can guard a smaller 3. Not to mention, if Wilcox goes down, it becomes a talent issue and unless the other teams front court is huge, green will get the nod, unless you want to see a lot of Collins, with kg then playing the 4. We are versatile and VERY deep, embrace it and don't try to say a certain player is strictly a 3. lee is not just a 2 and neither is terry as he will play a ill point. league is changing to long, athletic bigs under 7ft who can run and shoot from deep. We were the worst rebounding team last yr so we can only go up. Don't forget green has a post game, but overall yea he matches up better w 3s and has more traits that resemble a 3, but versatility will make this team great and allow doc to work his magic. Green did well at okc playing out of his MAIN position so I expect big things. Big baby wasn't a center but he gave DH fits....examples upon examples

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : He is a "darn good stretch PF" . 1) Is the 6'9" 235lb Green too weak to matchup against the 6'8" 235 Boris Diaw? 2) How about the 6'9" 225 Josh Smith?  3)Do you really not give Doc credit enough to make mistake to NOT match him up against Blake or Gasol??  4) What did you think of the 'fetish' (Posey PF role) in 08? 5) Which is the better matchup Bass/JSmith, KG/JSmith, or Green/Smith? 6) Is Battier a PF? 7) Will Doc play Green at the PF position? 
    Posted by PuPirate[/QUOTE]

you are not proving anything by copying and pasting the same things

this was not your original position on Green as noted already, that position was shown to be wrong.

Now that you have changed your position, moved the goal posts so to say, to one that most posters here agreed with, where he is a good option at the 4 in certain match-ups (Smith, Diaw, Battier, Durant) what is your point? If Kirk is still saying he shouldn't be a PF at all then he is wrong b/c there are several situations where Green is the better option there than Sully/Bass. But we'll need an upgrade on Bass anyhow to be a title contender.

and to answer another of your questions, some of us here don't think Doc will take Green out vs. taller stonger PF's and it worries us, esp b/c the options of Sully, Wilcox and Bass are currently overwhelming anyone.

But glad you have admitted that Green was not a 'darn good' PF in OKC and should not play more than the Posey 8-12 mins here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : This coming season will be Green's 1st season as a SF. He never played SF in OKC because Durant was the SF. So it remains to be seen if Green is indeed a SF.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

He played SF at times when Durant was on the bench and the experts agreed when he was tarded here that it was in those brief times that his true potential was seen.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : He will not play power forward against players that can over power him his major minutes will be at 3 resting PP and minutes at the 4 will be when his talents work in our favor
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Honestly why is it so hard to understand that Green (not Bass, not Wilcox, not Sullinger) is the BEST option at PF when we go small? 
    And that we go small against teams with thye J smiths, S battiers, and B Diaws of the league?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Want to bet? Doc has a fetish about "going small."
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet! When has this "fetish" failed Doc??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : you are not proving anything by copying and pasting the same things this was not your original position on Green as noted already, that position was shown to be wrong. Now that you have changed your position, moved the goal posts so to say, to one that most posters here agreed with, where he is a good option at the 4 in certain match-ups (Smith, Diaw, Battier, Durant) what is your point? If Kirk is still saying he shouldn't be a PF at all then he is wrong b/c there are several situations where Green is the better option there than Sully/Bass. But we'll need an upgrade on Bass anyhow to be a title contender. and to answer another of your questions, some of us here don't think Doc will take Green out vs. taller stonger PF's and it worries us, esp b/c the options of Sully, Wilcox and Bass are currently overwhelming anyone. But glad you have admitted that Green was not a 'darn good' PF in OKC and should not play more than the Posey 8-12 mins here.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

"you are not proving anything by copying and pasting..." Ans: They're just simple questions. By you not answering them proves the case is pretty much closed.

"not your original position on Green as noted already..." Ans: Ok, go ahead, I CHANLENGE U to copy and paste ANY part of my original post(s) where it indicated that Green will be the C's Starting PF for the entire season, that he will play 36 mins of PF for the Celtics. Go Right On Ahead And Look. If you cannot do this it simply did NOT HAPPEN. 

If Kirk is still saying he shouldn't be a PF at all then he is wrong b/c there are several situations where Green is the better option Ans: Its Not a matter of "If" Kirk said this. Kirks exact quote was "never" play the PF position so there no other way to interpret that than what was written "never".  Kirk , as all of us, should have the right to elaborate on exactly what he meant without fear of an attack, since he hasn't that is a pretty good clue that he meant exactly that "never".

" some of us here don't think Doc will take Green out vs. taller stonger PF's and it worries us" Ans: Look I'm thinking either Some of you fans give these professionals, like Doc/DA, Too Little Credit OR Your giving yourselfs Way Too Much Of It. "Smallball" can be effectively applied to (A) Matchup against the Opposing Team's "Smallball" unit OR it can be (B) Applied to Force the Oppossing Team to matchup (see USA men squad, Miami Heat). Now you and others as fans are still entitled to question anything the "pros" are doing but, really you or myself do NOT have any qualifications nor credibility over Doc or DA enough to predict when or if Doc (a pro) should deploy the "smallball" technique. Now how teams determine when to deploy it depends on obviously who you have on the roster. If your best 5-8 players are mostly 3s,4s,5s (not ussually the case) than your going with a 'big' linup. If your top 5-8 players are (1s,2s,3s) then your more likely to go with the "smallball" lineup as the 08 Celtics did to create mismatches and to hold onto leads late in games. Look at the list of league PFs and tell me how many of these players pose both the "taller stronger" mismatch you speak of?

It really sounds SILLY for you or anyone else on this forum to say "...Oh I can see a bad PF matchup for Jeff Green and Doc Rivers, his stable of assistants/analysist, and DA will somehow MISS IT leaving GREEN in TOO LONG at PF to deteriment of the Celtics BUT OF COARSE I'll CATCH IT BEFORE thE CELTICS DO". My question would be can u name the game/series since 08 where DOC  clearly has done so but you of coarse knew better?

Bruh dont play that "...most posters agree..." B#&&$#!@. Kirk and others can speak for himself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions so its ok for u to stand on your own two feet, and pull your skirt down. I can def see your heehaw. I could care less who agrees or disagree with my "opinion" cause its an opinion that I equally feel "strong" about.

Again my stance or 'POSITION' has not change at all. You just never asked me to elaborate on my initial post before you had decided (for me) what I meant by "my Own" comment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward": Posey was a gritty lock down defender who could hit the 3. Green is an athletic versatile sf with much more potential. Scoring,runnin the break....not a good comparison. Def diff players in many aspects
    Posted by Sev133[/QUOTE]

1) First, I agree with you on the skillsets of Green and Posey being different. 
    My point is that the "smallball" does NOT need to always include the skillset of Posey to be a "darn good Strectch PF". You can also have the skill set of a Green to take other PFs off the dribble (think Royce White), and beating other bigs down the court. Its not the the specifc skillset that make "smallball" effective, its the mismatches that either Jeff or James can create with the different skillsets.

2) My 2nd point is this IS NOT MY COMPARISION (alone). Its actually BOTH Doc and DA's "comparision". 

"...Krstic is a good piece for us as well. He spreads the floor, which I think is great for [Rajon] Rondo. Jeff Green spreads the floor, too..."

"...We needed to get that [small forward or power forward] swing guy," Rivers added. "One of the things I was just saying is that this gives us the ability -- like the year we won it -- at times we can go small with Green at the 4 and Kevin [Garnett] at the 5, with Paul [Pierce] and Ray [Allen] spreading the floor. We've been trying to get that lineup ever since [James] Posey left. You forget how many times we did that in the playoffs, which was every fourth quarter. We haven't been able to duplicate that and, in some ways, it's hurt Rondo ..."

Really lets not sound silly and discredit ourselves by begginning to IMPLY that DOC/DA/C's do NOT have a game plan. U are entitled to second guess their game plan, as a fan, BUT YOU CANNOT DOUBT FOR ONE SECOND THAT THEY HAVE ALREADLY PUT HOURS OF THOUGHT INTO THIS TOPIC THAN the MERE MINUTES YOU AND I SPENT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Danny had some great signings this off season and I don't think Jeff's contract is any less a good one for both sides.  There aren't any contracts signed, that if one of the young players steps up, the Celtics won't be able to move to open up some minutes.

There are hints of a very solid player in Jeff Green.  We can question all we want, if he is or isn't, but Danny has been high on this guy for a reason.  Let's give him the benefit of the dought for now.

This team, as assemble, is very versitile and can rise to the different match up situations.  It can run.  It can play solid defense.  It has players that can fill the basket.  It has depth for the inevitable injuries.  It has a good mix of vets and young players.

You guys are nit picking Jeff Greens game apart and none of us are quite certain how this player is going to used.  It could be vastly different from one game to the next, depending on the matchups.  Lets not forget you have a GM and Coach that have assembled well above average teams for 5 straight years using players that can fill different roles.

Remember last offseason.  No one had the Celtics making out of the first round and that was before the rash of unfortunate injuries.

This team has talent and I can't, like most of you, wait until this coming season for it to take the court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : " you are not proving anything by copying and pasting... " Ans: They're just simple questions. By you not answering them proves the case is pretty much closed. "not your  original position on Green as noted already... " Ans: Ok, go ahead copy and paste ANY part of my original post(s) where it indicated that Green will be the C's Starting PF for the entire season against, He will play 36 mins of PF for the Celtics or more than . Go Right On Ahead And Look.  If Kirk is still saying he shouldn't be a PF at all then he is wrong b/c there are several situations where Green is the better option  Ans: Its Not a matter of "If" Kirk said this. Kirks exact quote was "never" play the PF position so there no other way to interpret that than what it says "never".  Kirk , as all of us, should have the right to elaborate on exactly what he meant without fear of an attack, since he hasn't that is a pretty good clue that he meant exactly that "never". " some of us here don't think Doc will take Green out vs. taller stonger PF's and it worries us"  Ans: Look I'm thinking either Some of you fans give these professionals, like Doc/DA, Too Little Credit OR Your giving yourselfs Way Too Much Of It. "Smallball" can be effectively applied to (A) Matchup against the Opposing Team's "Smallball" unit OR it can be (B) Applied to Force the Oppossing Team to matchup (see USA men squad, Miami Heat). Now you and others as fans are still entitled to question anything the "pros" are doing but, really you or myself do NOT have any qualifications nor credibility over Doc or DA enough to predict when or if Doc (a pro) should deploy the "smallball" technique. Now how teams determine when to deploy it depends on obviously who you have on the roster. If your best 5-8 players are mostly 3s,4s,5s (not ussually the case) than your going with a 'big' linup. If your top 5-8 players are (1s,2s,3s) then your more likely to go with the "smallball" lineup as the 08 Celtics did to create mismatches and to hold onto leads late in games. It really sounds SILLY for you or anyone else on this forum to say "...Oh I can see a bad PF matchup for Jeff Green and Doc Rivers, his stable of assistants/analysist, and DA will somehow MISS IT leaving GREEN in TOO LONG at PF to deteriment of the Celtics BUT OF COARSE I'll CATCH IT BEFORE thE CELTICS DO". My question would be can u name the game/series since 08 where DOC  clearly has done so but you of coarse knew better? Bruh dont play that "...most posters agree..." B#&&$#!@. Kirk and others can speak for himself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions so its ok for u to stand on your own two feet, and pull your skirt down. I can def see your heehaw. I could care less who agrees or disagree with my "opinion" cause its an opinion that I equally feel "strong" about. Again my stance or 'POSITION' has not change at all. You just never asked me to elaborate on my initial post before you had decided (for me) what I meant by "my Own" comment.

the FIRST thing you said was that in Oklahoma City Jeff Green was a 'darn good PF'

He was NOT

end of story, facts proved it

now you want to spin in circles saying in the brief Posey-like 10-12 mins he plays small-ball PF here there are teams with smaller 4's Green will be effective against

great job, I have said that since the trade

yet you were wrong that he was even a good PF in OKC, and that is my point, so why are you now trying to say the SAME stuff as me but as if in some way to create an argument? When you entered this thread you were making comments about Green that were wrong, in the last 48 hours you have made points that are correct

jeez

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : the FIRST thing you said was that in Oklahoma City Jeff Green was a 'darn good PF' He was NOT end of story, facts proved it now you want to spin in circles saying in the brief Posey-like 10-12 mins he plays small-ball PF here there are teams with smaller 4's Green will be effective against great job, I have said that since the trade yet you were wrong that he was even a good PF in OKC, and that is my point, so why are you now trying to say the SAME stuff as me but as if in some way to create an argument? When you entered this thread you were making comments about Green that were wrong, in the last 48 hours you have made points that are correct jeez

Green was a "darn good PF" at OKC, a "darn good stretch PF", one of his parttime roles that at OKC as was "the backup SF to Durrant". My point was that if he could get away with playing the entire season he def will have a similar role with the Celtics. 

1) Where am I wrong in saying that?
    2) Why is it do i have to stipulate specifcs like this role will be played for 10-12 mins? No One on this Forum Knows that only Doc so ITS DUM TO EVEN ENTERTAIN SUCH SPECIFICS.
    3) Or why do i need to say that Doc will need to pay attention to matchups?? THATS OBVIOUS. 
    4)How did you somehow think that those were ALL YOUR Original IDEAS??? Doubt anyone on this forum has a need to "say the same stuff as" you seeing that noone can make out what your trying to say wth your lips smacked tightly over Fierce's bum. Dude you DONT have any 'proof' just PERs.

1) Your ideas are not really that original enough to admire.
    2) My points have never waivered. Your jus TOO stupid n ignorant to raise ur hand and ask for elaboration.
    3) Extrapolate and add whatEVA you want from this comment since you will anyways...

"JEFF GREEN WILL PLAY PF FOR THE BOSTON C'S IN 2013"

No need to elaborate unless asked. Thats is and has always has been my point from jump.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Green was a "darn good PF" at OKC, a "darn good stretch PF", one of his parttime roles that at OKC as was "the backup SF to Durrant". My point was that if he could get away with playing the entire season he def will have a similar role with the Celtics. 

1) Where am I wrong in saying that?

Ummm? The part where every fact and stat shows that the Jeff Green who played PF in OKC was below average and not even good, let alone 'darn' good.

We won't win a title with him 'getting away with' starting 26 mins as our PF and backing up PP for 10 mins, b/c Durant played 38 a game and Pierce needs to play 28, and Green was not a good PF when played big mins there.

2) Why is it do i have to stipulate specifcs like this role will be played for 10-12 mins? No One on this Forum Knows that only Doc so ITS DUM TO EVEN ENTERTAIN SUCH SPECIFICS.

It is apparent a large role for him at PF will lead to below league average production there, duh, thats what happened for years in OKC.

If you say he is going to be a 'darn good' stretch 4, in 10-12 mins, you may be correct... if you say he will still be good if Doc gives him 20-30 mins at PF like OKC did, you will be wrong

3) Or why do i need to say that Doc will need to pay attention to matchups?? THATS OBVIOUS.

You don't need to say this, of course it is obvious, except you said Green was 'darn good' in OKC at PF, when he was getting destroyed there by the PF's he played big mins against in the west. If you started off by listing several stretch 4's like J Smith/Battier who Green could do well against in limited mins this year in response to Kirk saying he NEVER should play PF, then you'd have been accurate, but the way you original discussed his skills and role at PF was wrong.

4)How did you somehow think that those were ALL YOUR Original IDEAS???

I never said they were.

I said they were the things I've said since the trade. So did others here and NBA experts. It is just that you only started saying them in the last 48 hours, not 17 months ago like I did, and stats proved what you said about Green 3 days ago to be wrong, while what I was saying about Green for 17 months cannot be proven to be wrong yet until he plays a full season here.

Doubt anyone on this forum has a need to "say the same stuff as" you seeing that noone can make out what your trying to say wth your lips smacked tightly over Fierce's bum. Dude you DONT have any 'proof' just PERs.

Hahahahaha

I disagree as much with Fierce, mostly over his girl-fights with Mployee, but on many topics, as I agree with him. He'd be the first to say it. I think we have a solid relationship on here b/c I support ideas of his I think/know are right. But he knows I am quick to disagree with him when I think he is wrong.

But I actually use stats and facts to support myself when I disagree with someone, like I did with you, please go back and READ and see all the OTHER stats that show Green was a poor PF besides PER, even if the fact that he was a 12.8 PER PF who let other PF's be 21.7 PER guys against him proves you wrong the SECOND that stat is posted.

Do you understand what that means??? There is 100% NO WAY you can say a 12.8 below league average PER PF, is 'darn good' to begin with, let alone when you see that his man, the average of EVERY PLAYER HE DEFENDED was a 21.7 near HOF PER guy against him.

WAKE UP Pirate

1) Your ideas are not really that original enough to admire.

Where did you go to insult school? I need to find that place so I can learn to insult others with your skill level...

2) My points have never waivered.

No? This 'darn good' PF at OKC whose role in that position you supported and skills you took no issue with has suddently become James Posey, a backup SF who playes sparingingly at the 4. So now you want to see Green play small mins at PF or only against a select few players. You did a MASSIVE 72 hour flip-flop

Your jus TOO stupid n ignorant to raise ur hand and ask for elaboration.

Hahahahaha

Sorry you have been DESTROYED on this topic, and the only reason I am continuing a tear you a new one after trying to be polite is b/c you want to act like a teenager and come back at me with weak sauce like this when you were shown wrong.

All you were yesterday Pirate was wrong about Green in OKC, but we were polite enough to let you off the hook about it. Today you are a crying baby trying to insult people with way more intelligence about the game than you.

That deserves this beating

3) Extrapolate and add whatEVA you want from this comment since you will anyways... "JEFF GREEN WILL PLAY PF FOR THE BOSTON C'S IN 2013" No need to elaborate unless asked. Thats is and has always has been my point from jump.

That was not your point flip-flopper, you were caught with your pants down on Green, with no clue what type of player he was in OKC and why so many of us here like myself, Kirk and fierce have legit concerns about him at PF.

Then when shown the truth of his past and the likely future role he has, you tried to backtack and say that was what you thought about him from the start... people who cannot admit they are wrong are guilty of doing such backtracks. But you were not a an obnoxious jerk about it yesterday, you were given so many chances to just say you were wrong, say you didn't know his OKC stats showed him to be that bad, and turn around and be excited about what Green can bring to the C;s in a new role... nobody here wanted to tear you down.

But then you act like this. Try to claim your position never changed, PER is not worth using, and I'm an 'idiot'.

So you couldn't salvage yourself as a person and poster, thats a shame

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward :

Destroyed? :'D Guess AGAIN!!
    PER is not even recognized by the NBA as a legitimate statistic.

If you recognize that Green played both the "Backup SF" and the "Stretch PF" roles for OKC/SEA, then tell us...

How much (or what percentage) of that 12.8 PER was him defending the opposing PF with at the "Stretch PF" role versus him defending the SF as the "Backup Sf" role?

Now How much of each of those roles contributed to the 7.7 PER with the Celtics (Also the Better Defensive Team)? 

The PER stat has HOLES. 

-You CANNOT determine who or what posistion the player was guarding 
    -It doesnt determine who his other frontcourt mate bigs that he played alongside at this period.
    -It doesnt really use what position he was playing at that point of the PER rating
    -Players and Coaches DONT use it.

You def are not more knowledgable on Jeff Green's carreer than myself. Sharing a parttime role at both roles Jeff Green (at 14.0ppg 6rpg) was darn good at both roles comparable to other players who successfully played the same exact role... 

Thaddeus Young 12.6rpg 5.0
    Josh Smith 15.0ppg7.9rpg
    Boris Diaw 9.5ppg 4.9rpg
    James Posey 7.4ppg 4.4rpg

What were those guys PER's?? Rhetorical who cares really.

Face it "darn good PF" can mean "darn good stretch PF". The facts are just like all "stretch PFs", even the good ones, run into a bad matchup when left in too long. The difference with Green in OKC is that OKC had to leave him in, probably he was too "darn good" to sit down. The Celtic dont have this problem but make NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT.

1) JEFF GREEN IS A TOP 5 PLAYER ON THE CELTICS ROSTER MAYBE TOP 4.

2)So that clearly means...AND SAY IT WITH ME..."JEFF GREEN WILL PLAY PF ON THE CELTICS" in my response to Kirk entry of "never"

No need for you to go to any school, since you won't raise ur hand or asked any questions. Really its ok. Take your Butt Wooping Like a Man. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Destroyed? :'D Guess AGAIN!! PER is not even recognized by the NBA as a legitimate statistic. If you recognize that Green played both the "Backup SF" and the "Stretch PF" roles for OKC/SEA, then tell us... How much (or what percentage) of that 12.8 PER was him defending the opposing PF with at the "Stretch PF" role versus him defending the SF as the "Backup Sf" role? Now How much of each of those roles contributed to the 7.7 PER with the Celtics (Also the Better Defensive Team)?  The PER stat has HOLES.  -You CANNOT determine who or what posistion the player was guarding  -It doesnt determine who his other frontcourt mate bigs that he played alongside at this period. -It doesnt really use what position he was playing at that point of the PER rating -Players and Coaches DONT use it. You def are not more knowledgable on Jeff Green's carreer than myself. Sharing a parttime role at both roles Jeff Green (at 14.0ppg 6rpg) was darn good at both roles comparable to other players who successfully played the same exact role...  Thaddeus Young 12.6rpg 5.0 Josh Smith 15.0ppg7.9rpg Boris Diaw 9.5ppg 4.9rpg James Posey 7.4ppg 4.4rpg What were those guys PER's?? Rhetorical who cares really. Face it "darn good PF" can mean "darn good stretch PF". The facts are just like all "stretch PFs", even the good ones, run into a bad matchup when left in too long. The difference with Green in OKC is that OKC had to leave him in, probably he was too "darn good" to sit down. The Celtic dont have this problem but make NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. 1) JEFF GREEN IS A TOP 5 PLAYER ON THE CELTICS ROSTER MAYBE TOP 4. 2)So that clearly means...AND SAY IT WITH ME..."JEFF GREEN WILL PLAY PF ON THE CELTICS" in my response to Kirk entry of "never" No need for you to go to any school, since you won't raise ur hand or asked any questions. Really its ok. Take your Butt Wooping Like a Man. 

I'm hoping Green will be a top 3 player before the year is over!!  You guys have really been putting on a good show these past few days, If i had to pick a winner, i would give you the edge on style points!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Destroyed? :'D Guess AGAIN!! PER is not even recognized by the NBA as a legitimate statistic. If you recognize that Green played both the "Backup SF" and the "Stretch PF" roles for OKC/SEA, then tell us... How much (or what percentage) of that 12.8 PER was him defending the opposing PF with at the "Stretch PF" role versus him defending the SF as the "Backup Sf" role? Now How much of each of those roles contributed to the 7.7 PER with the Celtics (Also the Better Defensive Team)?  The PER stat has HOLES.  -You CANNOT determine who or what posistion the player was guarding  -It doesnt determine who his other frontcourt mate bigs that he played alongside at this period. -It doesnt really use what position he was playing at that point of the PER rating -Players and Coaches DONT use it. You def are not more knowledgable on Jeff Green's carreer than myself. Sharing a parttime role at both roles Jeff Green (at 14.0ppg 6rpg) was darn good at both roles comparable to other players who successfully played the same exact role...  Thaddeus Young 12.6rpg 5.0 Josh Smith 15.0ppg7.9rpg Boris Diaw 9.5ppg 4.9rpg James Posey 7.4ppg 4.4rpg What were those guys PER's?? Rhetorical who cares really. Face it "darn good PF" can mean "darn good stretch PF". The facts are just like all "stretch PFs", even the good ones, run into a bad matchup when left in too long. The difference with Green in OKC is that OKC had to leave him in, probably he was too "darn good" to sit down. The Celtic dont have this problem but make NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. 1) JEFF GREEN IS A TOP 5 PLAYER ON THE CELTICS ROSTER MAYBE TOP 4. 2)So that clearly means...AND SAY IT WITH ME..."JEFF GREEN WILL PLAY PF ON THE CELTICS" in my response to Kirk entry of "never" No need for you to go to any school, since you won't raise ur hand or asked any questions. Really its ok. Take your Butt Wooping Like a Man. 

He was NOT a 'darn good PF' in OKC

you lost, and it wasn't even close

all the spinning you want to do now about PF's reen could match-up against this season cannot take away from the fact that MULTIPLE stats showed Green was not even a good PF and you can't move past it but need to blather on about other situations and possibilities to try to mask your original false claim

you were destroyed and exposed

say it with me... "when Jeff Green was playing big minutes at the starting PF spot in Oklahoma City he was NOT A GOOD POWER FORWARD'

won't that feel better to get off your chest? you know.... the truth?? Cuz there is no way around the truth my friend, no matter how much you blather and spin, post the same ideas as me that he can be a good stretch 4 in small mins for specific players, yada yada yada

the intitial comment you made was wrong... please accept and move on

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Greens problem on both sides of the floor is that he lacks killer instinct. That limits his abilities at the 3 and 4, but on the 3 he at least dominates physically against most opponents. Besides his lack of lateral speed or is Kirk right with the stiff knees? At the 4, it his mind exposing him not his body.

If he can step up (mentally) and regain his fitness level after the heart injury which ket him out for one (1 !) year without playing ball, then he has all the tools to be a stud...big if though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The quotes Green and his agent were making (as he gunned for a contract) were that we will see this all-new amazing bball player b/c the heart issue gave him a new outlook on life, he recognized he was passive, he deferred too much in OKC and wasn't a natural PF, he had no clue what to do and didn't want to step on anybody's toes in Boston, etc. etc.

Now we shall the player/man Jeff Green has always aspired to be and knows he can be

[holding my breath and crossing all my fingers]

Sections
Shortcuts