Jeff Green is NOT a power forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward:
    In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : He was NOT a 'darn good PF' in OKC you lost, and it wasn't even close all the spinning you want to do now about PF's reen could match-up against this season cannot take away from the fact that MULTIPLE stats showed Green was not even a good PF and you can't move past it but need to blather on about other situations and possibilities to try to mask your original false claim you were destroyed and exposed say it with me... "when Jeff Green was playing big minutes at the starting PF spot in Oklahoma City he was NOT A GOOD POWER FORWARD' won't that feel better to get off your chest? you know.... the truth?? Cuz there is no way around the truth my friend, no matter how much you blather and spin, post the same ideas as me that he can be a good stretch 4 in small mins for specific players, yada yada yada the intitial comment you made was wrong ... please accept and move on
    Posted by rameakap

Quantify exactly how many "big minutes" did Jeff Green play "at the PF spot".
    Look at your PER ratings I hear those might help. LMAO!

Dude your the King of Spin and Stat manipulation lol #bogus

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

The quotes Green and his agent were making (as he gunned for a contract) were that we will see this all-new amazing bball player b/c the heart issue gave him a new outlook on life, he recognized he was passive, he deferred too much in OKC and wasn't a natural PF, he had no clue what to do and didn't want to step on anybody's toes in Boston, etc. etc. Now we shall the player/man Jeff Green has always aspired to be and knows he can be [holding my breath and crossing all my fingers]
    Posted by rameakap

Not according to Doc :'D  "at times we can go small with Green at the 4 and Kevin [Garnett] at the 5, with Paul [Pierce] and Ray [Allen] spreading the floor."

I must be the WINNER cause I only use ACTUAL QUOTES. bahahaha

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6155082

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My God you lost this one big time and continue to humiliate yourself

Nobody cares if Doc says he will play the 4 'at times' that is exactly what I and others here have said since the trade. It has nothing to do with ur being on the record as having no idea just how MEDIOCRE a player he was at OKC. This pathetic refusal to accept that truth and admit you DID NOT KNOW what you were talking about has made you delusional. Anyone who thinks Green was a 'darn good PF' his first 4 years in the league is clueless.

You have yet to show me what it was that made Jeff Green a 'darn good PF' in OKC. He wasn't even good. Get over it. The truth and stats proved you wrong. If you want to say NBA experts who use PER are wrong then you are even more ignorant than you already sound. There is no way to spin away from his 12.8 PER being worse than a guy like Bass and his defense making every PF he played (on average) look like a 21.7 PER all-star. Get a clue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There were many other stats given as well to show Green was a poor PF besides PER.

Rebound rate per minute, among the worst of all PF's in the game, and he is coming to a team that already struggles to rebound.

The adjusted +/- of the team when he was on and off the court. OKC was MUCH better when Green sat. FACT. Is that stat worthless too? Remember how they kept showing +/- OVER and OVER during the playoffs? How many points we outscored teams by with KG on the court and how we got blown out when he sat?? This sinking in yet? The opposite was true of Green... the team outscored others by more when he was off the court. He was simply not a good PF.

So keep spinning in circles and try to mask your wrong opinion of Green in OKC with obvious predictions of what he 'could' bring in Boston (as mostly a SF) or what stretch 4's on other teams he would be able to defend. This does nothing when you cannot simply say the truth and admit not knowing anything about how absolutely average and often detrimental Green was in a Thunder uniform

again.... you've been owned

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

My God you lost this one big time and continue to humiliate yourself Nobody cares if Doc says he will play the 4 'at times' that is exactly what I and others here have said since the trade. It has nothing to do with ur being on the record as having no idea just how MEDIOCRE a player he was at OKC. This pathetic refusal to accept that truth and admit you DID NOT KNOW what you were talking about has made you delusional. Anyone who thinks Green was a 'darn good PF' his first 4 years in the league is clueless. You have yet to show me what it was that made Jeff Green a 'darn good PF' in OKC. He wasn't even good. Get over it. The truth and stats proved you wrong. If you want to say NBA experts who use PER are wrong then you are even more ignorant than you already sound. There is no way to spin away from his 12.8 PER being worse than a guy like Bass and his defense making every PF he played (on average) look like a 21.7 PER all-star. Get a clue.
    Posted by rameakap

Listen I already bestowed upon u way too much knowledge on this topic for free. Honestly I will have to charge you the next time I offer Legit stats and quotes from credible sources. 

Your Welcome

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Green will get most of his mins as 6th man....but I can envision many scenarios where Pierce and Green will be on the floor at the same time. Kind of like what Pat Riley calls a positionless lineup!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Green is not a power forward. Though he is physically close to a lot of power forwards in the league, he plays smaller than his size and would rather be on the perimeter than baging down low. The argument here centers on the use of the term "stretch pf or 4," which is a term that implies a kind of hybrid 3-4. Green will be on the floor in the 4 spot and the Celtics will struggle rebounding with a front line of pierce/green/and garnett, but obviously moreso against certain teams, and it is true that there are fewer and fewer teams sporting imposing front lines. I think the worry is that the team's greatest weakness (rebounding) has not really been addressed so the team better run, better be very efficient on the offensive end of the floor, and better defend really hard as a team because they are not going to beat anyone on the boards. They have Bass, who is also not  strong rebounder at the 4, Wilcox who is fine at the 4 but undersized at the 5. Garnett, who is also undersized (weight/bulk-wise) at the 5 and Collins, who is a big body and fine man-to-man defensively, but does not block shots or rebound partiuclarly well. The loss of stiemsma left them without a true shot blocking presence other than garnett and depending on melo and sullinger is impossible at this point. They'll survive fine during the regular season mixing and matching with wilcox/lee/terry/bradley/pierce/bass because there's enough talent there to win 50 games and be a top 3-4 seed in the east. One just wonders about the size in the playoffs and if it's enough to get it done against the miami/chicago/san antonio/okc/la clips of the world. Any significant contribution from sullinger and or melo will really, really help this team because it's in the exact spots they need it most to be a championship contender. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Listen I already bestowed upon u way too much knowledge on this topic for free. Honestly I will have to charge you the next time I offer Legit stats and quotes from credible sources.  Your Welcome
    Posted by PuPirate

hahahahahaha

and you take the cowards way out

Green was NOT a good PF at OKC, end of story, you can't prove otherwise, so many stats were provided by me and MANY others here that you can sit on your clueless island and believe in a lie all you want

I'll just root for Jeff Green when he puts on a Celtics uni, regardless, but I won't spout ignorant lies abouthe mans past as you did, let's hope his future here as a SF and part-time PF is better than his below average mediocre career in OKC as an out of position statistically poor PF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Green is not a power forward. Though he is physically close to a lot of power forwards in the league, he plays smaller than his size and would rather be on the perimeter than baging down low. The argument here centers on the use of the term "stretch pf or 4," which is a term that implies a kind of hybrid 3-4. Green will be on the floor in the 4 spot and the Celtics will struggle rebounding with a front line of pierce/green/and garnett, but obviously moreso against certain teams, and it is true that there are fewer and fewer teams sporting imposing front lines. I think the worry is that the team's greatest weakness (rebounding) has not really been addressed so the team better run, better be very efficient on the offensive end of the floor, and better defend really hard as a team because they are not going to beat anyone on the boards. They have Bass, who is also not  strong rebounder at the 4, Wilcox who is fine at the 4 but undersized at the 5. Garnett, who is also undersized (weight/bulk-wise) at the 5 and Collins, who is a big body and fine man-to-man defensively, but does not block shots or rebound partiuclarly well. The loss of stiemsma left them without a true shot blocking presence other than garnett and depending on melo and sullinger is impossible at this point. They'll survive fine during the regular season mixing and matching with wilcox/lee/terry/bradley/pierce/bass because there's enough talent there to win 50 games and be a top 3-4 seed in the east. One just wonders about the size in the playoffs and if it's enough to get it done against the miami/chicago/san antonio/okc/la clips of the world. Any significant contribution from sullinger and or melo will really, really help this team because it's in the exact spots they need it most to be a championship contender. 
    Posted by bt33

Jeff Green is not ONLY a PF he is a SF/PF.  

"...he plays smaller than his size...""...would rather be on the perimeter than baging down low..." Ans: I thought you were describing these guys ...
    Thaddeus Young
    Josh Smith
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Shane Battier
    Andrea Bargnani
    Ryan Anderson
    Boris Diaw
    Kevin Garnett

"the Celtics will struggle rebounding with a front line of pierce/green/and garnett" Ans: What5 if I were to say that rebounding is the MOST overated storyline for Celtics of the past 4 years?  In that time period the Celtics struggled to rebound with pierce/perkins/and garnett, PLUS Perkins couldnt make layups. 20 NBA Teams are superior rebounders to the HEAT. I dont think anyone really doubts whether or not the Celtics are a very good defesive team. Their defense is a will be fine. I'm in the camp that believes their primary problem was (and no it was just not Ray) losing the 50/50 and "loose" ball battles night in and night out rather. Their Team Speed reflected Not so much on the balls ABOVE the rim but the ones "BELOW" it because of the lack of capable atheletes such as Avery Bradleys, Jason Terry, Courntey Lee, Chris Wilcox, and O yeah Jeff Green. 

"...The loss of stiemsma left them without a true shot blocking presence? other than garnett..." Ans: Celtics are a better shotblocking team than Miami. How that worked out? Shot blocking stat doesnt always accurate determine a successful defesive posession. Teams like Washington, Utah, Pheonix, Indiania, are Charlotte (lol) are all better shotblocking teams then Miami. OKC is a better shotblocking, rebounding, taller and bulkier team than the Heat and the FINALS was not really a CLOSE. 

I rather lead the league in STEALS, Opp Turnovers, Opp FG% and 50/50 balls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

While I do not want to get in the middle of this...my lone point will be.  How much worse of  a rebounding front line would Pierce Bass and KG be vs Pierce Green and KG?  Not much, I'm guessing.........these are the players we have, and we are going to struggle rebounding regardless!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : hahahahahaha and you take the cowards way out Green was NOT a good PF at OKC, end of story, you can't prove otherwise, so many stats were provided by me and MANY others here that you can sit on your clueless island and believe in a lie all you want I'll just root for Jeff Green when he puts on a Celtics uni, regardless, but I won't spout ignorant lies abouthe mans past as you did, let's hope his future here as a SF and part-time PF is better than his below average mediocre career in OKC as an out of position statistically poor PF
    Posted by rameakap

Sorry Amateur, 

Too busy using Facts, Legitimate Statistics, and Actual quotes to back up what I discuss on this board. Its become more obvious that I have forgotten more basketball than you ever knew. You can play make-believe with some other poster. I don't want the be linked stupidity (rameakap). U Know what they say,

"...From a distance No One can tell whose the Idiot (rameakap) when 2 persons are quarreling"

Nowww thank you for that easy victory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Sorry Amateur,  Too busy using Facts, Legitimate Statistics, and Actual quotes to back up what I discuss on this board. Its become more obvious that I have forgotten more basketball than you ever knew. You can play make-believe with some other poster. I don't want the be linked stupidity (rameakap). U Know what they say, "...From a distance No One can tell whose the Idiot (rameakap) when 2 persons are quarreling" Nowww thank you for that easy victory.
    Posted by PuPirate

Word of advice my friend.......................you do not know more than this guy, seriously.  And don't wake the sleeping giant. 
    "If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad."..............The Waco Kid!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bass is just a slightly better PF than Green, neither of them are of the quality at that position that a champion would want. Now if they are both part of your bench, or Green starts and PP is NBA 6th man of the year, the C's could have something special

Green in 20 mins at SF and 8 at PF and Bass in 16-20 mins at PF (and Sully at 16-20 as well) with a starter eventually brought in who can upgrade Wilcox and play 12 mins at PF and 20 at Center, being an elite rebounder and active defender, could lead to a title.

Hedley there is nothing really to 'get in the middle of' here. Pirate claimed Jeff Green was a 'darn good PF' in OKC. Was instantly shown multiple stats by multiple posters proving he was not even average to good... and instead of saying 'oh I guess I didn't know much about his game out there' like you'd expect from a decent person with humility and class... he moved the goalposts around to start listing 4's Green could defend in small-ball and saying he will have the Posey role, etc. etc. (not a problem with that from me) but all the while refusing to admit that stats like PER, reb's per min and +/- are worthwhile indicators and refusing to admit Green was nowhere near a darn good PF in OKC, and that is a problem for me b/c it's been statistically proven.

I'm not a huge Jeff Green fan, but I don't dislike him, and even supported the trade when it happened. but it was clear then as it is now that he is the guy to rest Pierce and use his length and athleticism to hopefully bother LeBron, Melo and Deng on both ends of the floor and not play much PF at all. If Green is playing big mins at PF for us in the way he did at OKC (at least 26 mins b/c KD played 38) then the c's will be in trouble.

hopefully Sully is better than both Green and Bass at the 4 and Doc actually plays him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Word of advice my friend.......................you do not know more than this guy, seriously.  And don't wake the sleeping giant.  "If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad."..............The Waco Kid!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Relax 

The Waco Kid was a coward who committed a cowardly act, so I can see the comparison. My background knows how to handle those types. 

".you do not know more than this guy, seriously" - :'D I'm sure my qualifications are comparable, so I beg to differ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bass is just a slightly better PF than Green, neither of them are of the quality at that position that a champion would want. Now if they are both part of your bench, or Green starts and PP is NBA 6th man of the year, the C's could have something special Green in 20 mins at SF and 8 at PF and Bass in 16-20 mins at PF (and Sully at 16-20 as well) with a starter eventually brought in who can upgrade Wilcox and play 12 mins at PF and 20 at Center, being an elite rebounder and active defender, could lead to a title. Hedley there is nothing really to 'get in the middle of' here. Pirate claimed Jeff Green was a 'darn good PF' in OKC. Was instantly shown multiple stats by multiple posters proving he was not even average to good... and instead of saying 'oh I guess I didn't know much about his game out there' like you'd expect from a decent person with humility and class... he moved the goalposts around to start listing 4's Green could defend in small-ball and saying he will have the Posey role, etc. etc. (not a problem with that from me) but all the while refusing to admit that stats like PER, reb's per min and +/- are worthwhile indicators and refusing to admit Green was nowhere near a darn good PF in OKC, and that is a problem for me b/c it's been statistically proven. I'm not a huge Jeff Green fan, but I don't dislike him, and even supported the trade when it happened. but it was clear then as it is now that he is the guy to rest Pierce and use his length and athleticism to hopefully bother LeBron, Melo and Deng on both ends of the floor and not play much PF at all. If Green is playing big mins at PF for us in the way he did at OKC (at least 26 mins b/c KD played 38) then the c's will be in trouble. hopefully Sully is better than both Green and Bass at the 4 and Doc actually plays him
    Posted by rameakap

Agree, and as I've said my dream lineup would be Rondo, Lee, Pierce, Sully and KG   bench of Dooling (until AB returns), Terry, Green, Bass and Wilcox is very deep.  Play them all, then go get that PJ Brown type at the deadline.  Obviously Green will have to play together with Pierce at times, but hopefully not too often.....my point of PP, Green and KG vs PP Bass and KG is that we will struggle to rebound regardless of our lineup.  But like Fierce says, getting to the 50-50 balls will be crucial!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

pirate, if you and rame are going to be squaring off in an extended battle of board titans, please try and make it a more entertaining dual than that of fierce and mployee. thanks in advance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Relax  The Waco Kid was a coward who committed a cowardly act, so I can see the comparison. My background knows how to handle those types.  ".you do not know more than this guy, seriously" - :'D I'm sure my qualifications are comparable, so I beg to differ.
    Posted by PuPirate

Hedley was correct in saying I know more than you Pirate, and while he was also jabbing me a lil for being too aggressive and not letting something go after it is clear to the board I've won, I just find your childish rebuttals too amusing and clueless to let go.

Let's see....

I ask you for proof that Green was a 'darn good PF in OKC' and you give none, instead deciding that overwhelming us with reasoning as to why Jeff Green can play limited/small-ball mins at PF in Boston will somehow divert attention away from your claim he was a darn good PF in many mins there OKC.

He was not

I (and others) showed you stats that proved this. You were incorrect. Green:

- turned all PF's he played on avg into all-star level players with his terrible defense
    - had poor +/- numbers
    - was a terrible per minute rebounder for a big
    - didn't even score a ton for the high number of minutes played and shots put up (The O.J. Mayo of forwards)
    - The team was better, outscoring the opposition by more when he went to the bench
    - Below league average PER, that is a rating of how 'efficient' you are that ALL NBA EXPERTS use... and Green was worse than Bass

So you take all that, attempt to discredit half the stats (an effort in futility) and then come back with... 'well look what he can be in Boston... look at all the team who have players like Diaw, Smith and Battier who Green can defend...here is a quote from Doc that says he will play some PF'

HA

That is not winning an argument... it is moving it, changing it and frankly taking 90% of this boards opinion on Green and making it your own. We all said that already.

Nobody was saying he was a darn good PF in OKC but you. He was not.

Pathetic that you cannot admit that... it is all I ask... what you are doing now is childish name-calling and talking about Green in the same way everyone else is/was and ignoring your initial wrong statement while never being man enough to admit it wasn't correct. Sad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Hedley was correct in saying I know more than you Pirate, and while he was also jabbing me a lil for being too aggressive and not letting something go after it is clear to the board I've won, I just find your childish rebuttals too amusing and clueless to let go. Let's see.... I ask you for proof that Green was a 'darn good PF in OKC' and you give none, instead deciding that overwhelming us with reasoning as to why Jeff Green can play limited/small-ball mins at PF in Boston will somehow divert attention away from your claim he was a darn good PF in many mins there OKC. He was not I (and others) showed you stats that proved this. You were incorrect. Green: - turned all PF's he played on avg into all-star level players with his terrible defense - had poor +/- numbers - was a terrible per minute rebounder for a big - didn't even score a ton for the high number of minutes played and shots put up (The O.J. Mayo of forwards) - The team was better, outscoring the opposition by more when he went to the bench - Below league average PER, that is a rating of how 'efficient' you are that ALL NBA EXPERTS use... and Green was worse than Bass So you take all that, attempt to discredit half the stats (an effort in futility) and then come back with... 'well look what he can be in Boston... look at all the team who have players like Diaw, Smith and Battier who Green can defend...here is a quote from Doc that says he will play some PF' HA That is not winning an argument... it is moving it, changing it and frankly taking 90% of this boards opinion on Green and making it your own. We all said that already. Nobody was saying he was a darn good PF in OKC but you. He was not. Pathetic that you cannot admit that... it is all I ask... what you are doing now is childish name-calling and talking about Green in the same way everyone else is/was and ignoring your initial wrong statement while never being man enough to admit it wasn't correct. Sad.
    Posted by rameakap

;)  marshmallow tap!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : ;)  marshmallow tap!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

haha, yea well sometimes I am too long-winded, you know where I am coming from tho

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

When I think of the quote 'darn good PF' I am thinking a borderline all-star is being discussed who puts up the expected stats of a POWER FORWARD. You know who comes to mind for me? Paul Millsap. He and Green are the same height (slighty undersized 6'8") and around the same age.

Do you know how many times Millsap put up 13+ points and 8+ rebounds in the SAME GAME... the last 2 seasons? 66 times. In 144 games and 33.5 minutes per.

Green? In his full seasons of '08-'10 as OKC's starting PF... 37 times... just over half the time Millsap did. And Green played 37 minutes per game and 166 games (22 more chances).

Those are the types of disparities between an actual 'darn good PF' and a tweener who is exposed and mediocre in big mins at PF. And Millsap avg's 17 pts overall to Green's 15.8. It is not like one guy is a 10-10 player and the other a 20-5 player. They have similar stats. Millsap is just DARN GOOD and Green is just mediocre.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

GIVE IT A REST ~!

GIVE JEFF GREEN A BREAK

LET HIM PLAY BALL AFTER A FULL TRAINING CAMP

JUST SHUT UP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

GIVE IT A REST ~! GIVE JEFF GREEN A BREAK LET HIM PLAY BALL AFTER A FULL TRAINING CAMP JUST SHUT UP
    Posted by PHX85014

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Jeff Green is not ONLY a PF he is a SF/PF.   ".. .he plays smaller than his size...""...would rather be on the perimeter than baging down low... " Ans: I thought you were describing these guys ... Thaddeus Young Josh Smith Dirk Nowitzki Shane Battier Andrea Bargnani Ryan Anderson Boris Diaw Kevin Garnett " the Celtics will struggle rebounding with a front line of  pierce/green/and garnett " Ans: What5 if I were to say that rebounding is the MOST overated storyline for Celtics of the past 4 years?  In that time period the Celtics struggled to rebound with  pierce/perkins/and garnett , PLUS Perkins couldnt make layups. 20 NBA Teams are superior rebounders to the HEAT. I dont think anyone really doubts whether or not the Celtics are a very good defesive team. Their defense is a will be fine. I'm in the camp that believes their primary problem was (and no it was just not Ray) losing the 50/50 and "loose" ball battles night in and night out rather. Their Team Speed reflected Not so much on the balls ABOVE the rim but the ones "BELOW" it because of the lack of capable atheletes such as Avery Bradleys, Jason Terry, Courntey Lee, Chris Wilcox, and O yeah Jeff Green.  " ...The loss of stiemsma left them without a true shot blocking presence? other than garnett... " Ans: Celtics are a better shotblocking team than Miami. How that worked out? Shot blocking stat doesnt always accurate determine a successful defesive posession. Teams like Washington, Utah, Pheonix, Indiania, are Charlotte (lol) are all better shotblocking teams then Miami. OKC is a better shotblocking, rebounding, taller and bulkier team than the Heat and the FINALS was not really a CLOSE.  I rather lead the league in STEALS, Opp Turnovers, Opp FG% and 50/50 balls.
    Posted by PuPirate

not sure what point you are arguing. the celtics don't need to rebound the ball well because they have gotten better athletically? the celtics don't have to rebound the ball well because miami doesn't? the celtics don't have wade and james so they need to do everything well. i guess the point is you contend that the celtics are fine as they are down low and green is not an issue in terms of playing the four. as I stated, I think he might be okay in stretches against certain teams, but overall the team's lack of size and strength down low may be a factor. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : not sure what point you are arguing. the celtics don't need to rebound the ball well because they have gotten better athletically? the celtics don't have to rebound the ball well because miami doesn't? the celtics don't have wade and james so they need to do everything well. i guess the point is you contend that the celtics are fine as they are down low and green is not an issue in terms of playing the four. as I stated, I think he might be okay in stretches against certain teams, but overall the team's lack of size and strength down low may be a factor. 
    Posted by bt33

haha

yes he went off on a who knows where he was going tangent there, that should make all C's fans wince as we know there is A LOT of work to do if the team wants to get past Miami and the current roster may not be able to get it done.

And the main reason our current team might just be a runner-up again would be b/c it is depending on two PF's in Green and Bass, who are not very good PF's... they are both guys you want playing a role at the 4, but not combining for the bulk of the game there.

Hopefully Sully and Wilcox are very good. But to get past the Heat an upgrade in the frontcourt is still likely needed, and since we are all hoping Green is the answer in backing up the 3 position, being like the '08 Posey and also defending quicker 4's in some lineups... Bass will likely be the one who has to be moved.

But regardless of that realistic stance on the frontcourt, the fact remains that Green was not a 'darn good PF' in OKC, and Pirate has now spun this conversation out of control and well away from his initial error. I just wished he could have admitted he was wrong so we could all get back to rooting for Jeff Green the Celtic and what he might be able to do here and not lying about his past.

But if Doc is giving the guy 24 mins of PF and crossing his fingers he'll be 'darn good at it' well history has shown that he 100% was NOT... so please Doc, use him sparingly there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is NOT a power forward : Word of advice my friend.......................you do not know more than this guy, seriously.  And don't wake the sleeping giant.  "If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad."..............The Waco Kid!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Yup, def not a PF

Sections
Shortcuts