Jeff Green must outplay James Jones.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Jeff Green must outplay James Jones.

The Heat beat us by going small. Their small units outscored us by 15 points. That's the game. When James Jones was in the game there were times KG had to guard him, a wing player running around screens for threes. That matchup favors the heat.

Doc could counter this small lineup by moving KG to center and putting Jeff Green on Jones, but i don't think doc trust Green who is still having waaaay too many lapses on defense. 

In order to win, Jeff Green has to outplay Jones. he is a lot more talented and this shouldn't be a question, but it is... a big question. Green is bigger, quicker, and more athletic than Jones. he has to play like it, Or KG/baby better get alot better at chasing and stopping 3 point shooters (which is nuts because they are post players.)  

The lineup that really killed was Joel Anthony at the five and James Jones at the four. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Jeff Green must outplay James Jones.

Bingo!  If we can'tget BBD or Green to outplay someone off their bench we're in trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Jeff Green must outplay James Jones.:

The Heat beat us by going small. Their small units outscored us by 15 points. That's the game. When James Jones was in the game there were times KG had to guard him, a wing player running around screens for threes. That matchup favors the heat. Doc could counter this small lineup by moving KG to center and putting Jeff Green on Jones, but i don't think doc trust Green who is still having waaaay too many lapses on defense.  In order to win, Jeff Green has to outplay Jones. he is a lot more talented and this shouldn't be a question, but it is... a big question. Green is bigger, quicker, and more athletic than Jones. he has to play like it, Or KG/baby better get alot better at chasing and stopping 3 point shooters (which is nuts because they are post players.)   The lineup that really killed was Joel Anthony at the five and James Jones at the four. 

Posted by jtkl

-

I agree that Doc doesn't trust Green (who would?).  For cryin out loud I bet his trust in Rondo & KG has been shaken & I bet he hopes Paul shows more self-control and doesn't wait for the 2nd half to get it going.

I don't think Jones will have another Game-of-his-life tonight, but the C's better tighten up their D rotation because everyone had defensive lapses on Sunday.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I think you're all overreacting to one game.  Don't you think Doc saw the same game you did and will make the necessary adjustments?  They only lost by nine points and Jones played way over his head and Wade did as well; even though he's a great player he doesn't average 38 points.  A few minor changes and just doing what they do best will win this series.  Pierce got jobbed big time and was frustrated by it - he is unlikely to do that again soon.  Rondo was playing tight - even his layups were short; and KG was +6 (the Queen was +8) for the night, so as far as his team game, he did ok.  The +/- in the box score says they could have won.  Fewer turnovers, maybe two, and equitable FTs maybe six, and it's a different outcome.  Maybe you just want better point production from both, I do too, but I'm not sure that much needs to change in their game plan, nor do I feel that calling out players is productive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Green had a nice 2nd half. He needs to maintain those aggressive thoughts on both ends of the court.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green must outplay James Jones.:
    I think you're all overreacting to one game.  Don't you think Doc saw the same game you did and will make the necessary adjustments?  They only lost by nine points and Jones played way over his head and Wade did as well; even though he's a great player he doesn't average 38 points.  A few minor changes and just doing what they do best will win this series.  Pierce got jobbed big time and was frustrated by it - he is unlikely to do that again soon.  Rondo was playing tight - even his layups were short; and KG was +6 (the Queen was +8) for the night, so as far as his team game, he did ok.  The +/- in the box score says they could have won.  Fewer turnovers, maybe two, and equitable FTs maybe six, and it's a different outcome.  Maybe you just want better point production from both, I do too, but I'm not sure that much needs to change in their game plan, nor do I feel that calling out players is productive.
    Posted by painter

No I don't the heat beat us going small. That means they played Jones at the power forward spot. You know who plays power forward for us right? KG and baby. They cannot guard a 3 point wing player running around screens. Can't do it. That means Jeff Green has to step up. 

Sections
Shortcuts