Jeff Green should be traded next

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: Jeff Green should be traded next

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With no impact players entering Free Agency until after the 2014-15 season, DA can afford to keep Bass and take on the contracts of players like Joel Anthony as they will be expiring contracts during the 14-15 season, just in time for the big fish to hit the marker. players with guarenteed contracts beyond 2014-15 should be trade priority #1. With Lee gone, that leaves Wallace, and Green. Green is by far the more tradable asset at this time. Boston may not get a #1 draft pick for him because he is overpaid and has sucked donkey balls. But they might get an expiring contract or a young raw prospect.

[/QUOTE]

Problem is, Green fills a huge void. You want Wallace getting all those minutes at SF? Bass can defend some SF's but who else do we have to play that position?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With no impact players entering Free Agency until after the 2014-15 season, DA can afford to keep Bass and take on the contracts of players like Joel Anthony as they will be expiring contracts during the 14-15 season, just in time for the big fish to hit the marker. players with guarenteed contracts beyond 2014-15 should be trade priority #1. With Lee gone, that leaves Wallace, and Green. Green is by far the more tradable asset at this time. Boston may not get a #1 draft pick for him because he is overpaid and has sucked donkey balls. But they might get an expiring contract or a young raw prospect.

[/QUOTE]

Problem is, Green fills a huge void. You want Wallace getting all those minutes at SF? Bass can defend some SF's but who else do we have to play that position?

[/QUOTE]

You trade Green to fill our most pressing need(center) or a SF. The void you allude to is by no means filled considering his inconsistency. If we get a center for him, then hunt for a SF via free agency or the draft. We rolled the dice on him & lost. Roll again on someone else...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You trade Green to fill our most pressing need(center) or a SF. The void you allude to is by no means filled considering his inconsistency. If we get a center for him, then hunt for a SF via free agency or the draft. We rolled the dice on him & lost. Roll again on someone else...

[/QUOTE]

You're off base. It IS filled. His calibre of play has nothing to do with what i'm talking about. Who else, currently on our roster can play SF other then Wallace? Even with his inconsistant play, he's still our leading scorer, averaging 16 points a game. If you wanna say "get a SF back in return for trading JG", that's fine. But the only talk I've heard of with Green being traded was either him or Bass + ...... for Asik. I've not heard of any interest in any SF's to replace Green. This Chris Johnson is not a replacement for Green. Even in a tanking situation DA wouldn't go to THAT extreme. At 6'6, I woundn't even consider him a forward in the NBA. Besides, I think he's here mainly as a backup/last resort at SG (Bogan's minutes, or lack there of).

"i personally couldn't care less if Wallace or Joe Shmo fill the minutes. what's the difference when you're a lottery team?" - mossad-did-911

As I stated earlier. I don't think the C's would go to THAT extreme to tank. Besides, with that analogy, why not keep the inconsistant Jeff Green?

I'm not defending this guy. I'm just saying we don't have any other options from what i can see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're off base. It IS filled. His calibre of play has nothing to do with what i'm talking about. Who else, currently on our roster can play SF other then Wallace? Even with his inconsistant play, he's still our leading scorer, averaging 16 points a game. If you wanna say "get a SF back in return for trading JG", that's fine. But the only talk I've heard of with Green being traded was either him or Bass + ...... for Asik. I've not heard of any interest in any SF's to replace Green. This Chris Johnson is not a replacement for Green. Even in a tanking situation DA wouldn't go to THAT extreme. At 6'6, I woundn't even consider him a forward in the NBA. Besides, I think he's here mainly as a backup/last resort at SG (Bogan's minutes, or lack there of).

"i personally couldn't care less if Wallace or Joe Shmo fill the minutes. what's the difference when you're a lottery team?" - mossad-did-911

As I stated earlier. I don't think the C's would go to THAT extreme to tank. Besides, with that analogy, why not keep the inconsistant Jeff Green?

I'm not defending this guy. I'm just saying we don't have any other options from what i can see.

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but your post elicited our two responses by adding the word huge. Then you go about answering your own question by adding 3 possibilities(Wallace, Bass, Trade). In the future you may want to ask and answer your own questions so that you get the response that you desire.

All I know is that the Jeff Green experiment should be winding down. It may not have been a huge mistake, but his presence is no longer required...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not rush in trading Jeff Green.

He could end up being a great 3rd option in 2-3 years.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but, Chris Johnson  starting could put us in a top 3 lottery spot this year. Smile

I don't think it will happen though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but your post elicited our two responses by adding the word huge. Then you go about answering your own question by adding 3 possibilities(Wallace, Bass, Trade). In the future you may want to ask and answer your own questions so that you get the response that you desire.

All I know is that the Jeff Green experiment should be winding down. It may not have been a huge mistake, but his presence is no longer required...

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I"m not the one who mentioned a trade as a possibility. It may or may not be. Nor did I suggest playing Bass as a possibility. I merely mentioned that he's guarded Melo and Lebron in the past. Bass is no SF, and there's a reason for that. So that leaves just Wallace.... that sure looks like a huge void to me. Not looking for a "desired response" to my question. In fact, it really wasn't a question at all. It's logic. Sorry if I fooled you. "his presence is no longer required" ? Are you speaking for the organization? The fans? Or just yourself?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

A tade of Green for a SG, SF, or C of the future is fine.  I do not see green as the future SF of a contending team.  Too inconsistet, tooflat, something.  If he was the future he would be putting up bigger numbers this year as the "man".  As far as who plays SF this year if he is traded...I'm sure whatever team is trading for him has a SF that can be a throw in, and maybe you go small and play 3 guards sometimes, and three bigger Forwards others.  We are not trying to get to the championship game this year...if it helps the future you do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not rush in trading Jeff Green.

He could end up being a great 3rd option in 2-3 years.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I"m not the one who mentioned a trade as a possibility. It may or may not be. Nor did I suggest playing Bass as a possibility. I merely mentioned that he's guarded Melo and Lebron in the past. Bass is no SF, and there's a reason for that. So that leaves just Wallace.... that sure looks like a huge void to me. Not looking for a "desired response" to my question. In fact, it really wasn't a question at all. It's logic. Sorry if I fooled you. "his presence is no longer required" ? Are you speaking for the organization? The fans? Or just yourself?

[/QUOTE]

A trade would be the most obvious way to fill that huge void that apparently only you can see. No use even bringing up Bass if he is not a viable candidate. Most importantly-who cares; were tanking. And those last three questions remind me of a dog trying to bite his own tail. Congratulations-you've succeeded! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A trade would be the most obvious way to fill that huge void that apparently only you can see. No use even bringing up Bass if he is not a viable candidate. Most importantly-who cares; were tanking. And those last three questions remind me of a dog trying to bite his own tail. Congratulations-you've succeeded! 

[/QUOTE]

Someone is mad again. Grr.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would try and package Rondo and Green for Love at some point. No one is going to touch Wallace so I can eventually see Ainge using amnesty on him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Someone is mad again. Grr.

[/QUOTE]

+1 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Danny is Bellichickian.  He is sand-bagging with Green.  Green is skilled and he is also always been Danny's guy.  They are in the know and Gerald Wallace is an ignorant malcontent with an inflated contract.  (I hate saying that, I always loved his game until this season) They neglected to tell Gerald why JG throttles it back because Gerald isn't included in the reindeer games.

"I don't understand my role"...riiiight, that's because you're not part of the big picture

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Fellas - Green is what he is.

A 13 - 15 PPG scorer. 

On a good team, or a bad team.

He can't "step up", that's not his game.

He needs to be the 2nd or 3rd option on a team - any team.

He will never lead us to the promised land - but if we had a "Durant" type player, we'd all appreciate Jeff a lot more!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would try and package Rondo and Green for Love at some point. No one is going to touch Wallace so I can eventually see Ainge using amnesty on him.

[/QUOTE]

Wallace is not eligible for amnesty.  They either trade him, buy him out, or cut him.  A trade is like trying to trade Crl Crawford.  You will have to include an Adrian GOnzalez to get virtually anyone to bite on a trade.  If he gets unhappy enough he might accept a reasonable buy out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fellas - Green is what he is.

A 13 - 15 PPG scorer. 

On a good team, or a bad team.

He can't "step up", that's not his game.

He needs to be the 2nd or 3rd option on a team - any team.

He will never lead us to the promised land - but if we had a "Durant" type player, we'd all appreciate Jeff a lot more!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He is a decent small forward, he is neither the answer nor is he the problem.  He could start on most teams on the NBA and would be a star on none of them.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pine8ball. Show pine8ball's posts

If we could get some more draft picks go ahead and trade him. He will be a decent player for his career but will never be a star. Jeff is not a go to player and he never will be. The trade sending Perkins to OKC is a wash because Perk has not panned out for OKC either. On a good team Green comes off the bench or is a player that has to work to get his on a given night. Green doesn't really have any leadership ability and he never will. He plays with some heart on one night then he disappears on the next. Sullinger is a much more valuable commodity then Green and he has a much better upside. We've seen all Green has to offer and for what he's being paid it isn't much.

25. This post has been removed.