Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?

There appears to be a problem with Jeff Green's deal:

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Celtics-sign-four-players-Green-acquisit?blockID=749251&feedID=3

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?

We have gone from "imminent" to "i think it will get resolved soon."

DA quote:

"I'm not going to talk about what the hold up is," Ainge told CSNNE.com. "But we're involved in a negotiation that I think will get resolved soon."

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Has to be medical, don't you think?  Insurance or some kind of partial guarantee if his heart gives out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?:
    [QUOTE]Has to be medical, don't you think?  Insurance or some kind of partial guarantee if his heart gives out?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

That has to be it! Neither side is stating it is $$ related.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff Green will still be a Celtic. No need to overreact.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope you are correct!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If Jeff Green  isn't done it is either something fussy and not very important, or it is something really important like health stuff. 

either way no need to stress on it, as Fierce says it is most likely done and either way, Jeff Green is not Kevin Durant. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Acie must be ecstatic with the chance we don't sign Green

I mean, if we don't, maybe now we can get Peaches back and win 6-8 less games as Acie was desperately hoping happened...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'm getting EDGY with this Jeff Green thing.....I've honestly NEVER seen anything like it .....

is it about giving the Celtics an out on the 4th yr ? Or what about a trade kicker ?

We will know for sure by the trade deadline who is more important to the Celtics - Jeff Green or Brandon Bass , and it better be obvious Jeff Green is WAY better than Brandon Bass.....

and let's remember Brandon Bass is pretty damn good. But I'm talking about the 4 yr/$36M deal....

by the deadline, we will know which guy needs to go because one of them will need to....I'm thinking Green might be spooked about being offered a trade kicker, like it's not a 4yr deal as far as Ainge is concerned , it's a 4 month deal, and then if it doesn't work here, he has Green as an attractive asset with a reasonable deal, I'm thinking the holdup is a no-trade wanted by Jeff Green

Only time will tell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?:
    [QUOTE]There appears to be a problem with Jeff Green's deal: http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Celtics-sign-four-players-Green-acquisit?blockID=749251&feedID=3
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]sounds like an insurance or guaranteed money situation (likely for the 4th year). it will be resolved as green performs better ontests and so forth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If the hold-up is contract language, why not state that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff Green will still be a Celtic. No need to overreact.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

It definitely isn't good news.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No news isn't good news!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : That has to be it! Neither side is stating it is $$ related.
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

i sure hope it's $$$$$$ related.  4 years @ 9M is ridiculous.  "good faith" would be giving green a one year deal at his OLD salary to see if he still can do what he did before the surgery- most teams wouldn't do that.  then go from there.

there is no precedent for heart valve guys returning from the surgery and continuing to ascend as players.  none of them have done it.  yet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Acie must be ecstatic with the chance we don't sign Green I mean, if we don't, maybe now we can get Peaches back and win 6-8 less games as Acie was desperately hoping happened...
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Ram, are you obsessed much?  Or just don't have many thoughts of your own so you lash out at others who tend to think for themselves?

I'm all for signing green, with reasonable parameters involved.  4 years at 9M per is not reasonable duration or dollars per year coming off of aortic valve replacement.  i don't know what a "peaches" is, but there is nothing out there that we've already had our hands on that is coming back to help us at the 3-4-5 position

so i guess that shoots the crap out of whatever your passive aggressive theory was

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

To PHX:  JG is WAY better than BB?!!!   How do you come up w/ that reasoning?   Break it down for me.   What does JG do better.   Doesn't shoot better.   Doesn't shoot fts better.   They rebound close to the same.   JG assist to turnover is better, but for being touted the 'all around player', JG doesn't handle the ball that well.  A/T ratio is about 1 to 1.   JG can probably cover sf position better, but we've never seen him stopping anybody.   In fact in the 2011 playoffs he seemed scared playing D.   He didn't show good footwork or arm movements while playing D.   He's not an impact player (BB can be w/ his shooting) at any phase of the game.   He's not a replacement for when PP retires.   He's not worth the same $ (10mil/yr) and RR nor close to it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'M NOT SAYING JEFF GREEN IS BETTER , I'M JUST SAYING HE BETTER BE BETTER - MUCH BETTER , THAN BRANDON BASS....

FOR THE MONEY AND THE LONG TERM COMMITMENT, JEFF GREEN HAD BETTER BE A BIG THREE CONTRIBUTER RATHER THAN A ROLE PLAYER LIKE BASS.

MY POINT IS THIS: THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH MINUTES FOR ALL THE FORWARDS AND ONE OF THEM HAS TO GO.

BY THE ALL STAR BREAK, JEFF GREEN HAD BETTER HAVE PROVED HE IS A "BORDERLINE ALL-STAR" , OR I THINK HE WILL BE TRADED FOR A DIFFERENT "ASSET"

FOR $36M OVER 4 YRS ? , THESE ARE THE BIGGEST QUESTIONS GOING FORWARD - IS JEFF GREEN WORTH IT AND IS HE THE LEGIT HEIR TO PAUL PIERCE AS CELTICS SF 

I NEVER SAID GREEN IS BETTER THAN BASS, ONLY THAT FOR THE LONG TERM DEAL THEY'RE GIVING HIM, HE BETTER BE

AND I HOPE HE IS BECAUSE BRANDON BASS IS A GOOD ROLE PLAYER BUT NOT A STARTING POWER FORWARD IN MY OPINION...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

way too much money for JG ..medical reasons alone should have made this a short contract.  I think he was underwhelming in his time here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Any player with heart issues that has the courage to play for the Celtics should be paid and paid well. It is very risky business in Boston as we have seen with too many others.

just sayin'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://articles.boston.com/2012-07-26/sports/32857761_1_celtics-aortic-aneurysm-david-falk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I'd like the name of the insurer of Green's contract ... "Dewey, Gett, Cheated & Howe?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like the name of the insurer of Green's contract ... "Dewey, Gett, Cheated & Howe?"
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Love the Stooges references, man.  But it's "Dewey, Cheatem and Howe"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Any player with heart issues that has the courage to play for the Celtics should be paid and paid well. It is very risky business in Boston as we have seen with too many others. just sayin'
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Of course, some  Laker players have different heart issues ( lack of) to deal with...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]Any player with heart issues that has the courage to play for the Celtics should be paid and paid well. It is very risky business in Boston as we have seen with too many others. just sayin'
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]
    This is a low blow job even for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : i sure hope it's $$$$$$ related.  4 years @ 9M is ridiculous.  "good faith" would be giving green a one year deal at his OLD salary to see if he still can do what he did before the surgery- most teams wouldn't do that.  then go from there. there is no precedent for heart valve guys returning from the surgery and continuing to ascend as players.  none of them have done it.  yet
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Glad you are not the decision maker.   Danny and the Doctors have likely done a LOT of diligence on this and we need his athletic ability and youth (and I wouldn't want to lose him to someone else and have a much weaker team).