Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?

In Response to Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?:
    [QUOTE]There appears to be a problem with Jeff Green's deal: http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Celtics-sign-four-players-Green-acquisit?blockID=749251&feedID=3
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Signing Jeff Green would be the final maneuver of this year's off season. 4yr/$36-mil. is substantial. So, if you are a wheeler-dealer like DA, why would you close the door on the possibility of a great opportunity falling in your lap so soon? I believe that he is sitting on this deal in case other GM's approach him with that unforeseen blockbuster. Sure it most likely won't happen, but it makes no real sense to close shop until you absolutely have too. Jeff Green is a Celtic if Danny wants him. Period. I believe the delay is simply due to the C's leaving the door open for an unpredictable opportunity to show itself. Thats what happens when you have the leverage over the player.......And if you are in BIG BUSINESS, it is the smart thing to do. IMHO.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : Signing Jeff Green would be the final maneuver of this years off season. 4yr/$36-mil. is substantial. So, if you are a wheeler-dealer like DA, why would you close the door on the possibility of a great opportunity falling in your lap so soon? I believe that he is sitting on this deal in case other GM's approach him with that unforeseen blockbuster. Sure it most likely won't happen, but it makes no real sense to close shop until you have too. Real businessmen understand that you don't commit until you absoltely have to. Jeff Green is a Celtic if Danny wants him. Period. I believe the delay is simply due to the C's leaving the door open for an unpredictable opportunity to show itself. Thats what happens when you have the leverage over the player.......And if you are in BIG BUSINESS, it is the smart thing to do. IMHO.....
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right! The C's could also be delaying the deal to make certain JG does not suffer any set-backs or complications.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : etan thomas rony turiaf both players returned and played less minutes and got less done PER MINUTE
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

jeff green is 10x the player as them...you can't compare green to turiaf and thomas. both are scrubs..both should play less minutes because they are not that good...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : jeff green is 10x the player as them...you can't compare green to turiaf and thomas. both are scrubs..both should play less minutes because they are not that good...
    Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE]

+1  In addition, the C's have a great medical staff, and DA would not offer a 4/36 deal if 100% recovery was not certain.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

This article from ESPN:

Fred Hoiberg feels Jeff Green's pain

Updated: December 19, 2011, 5:41 PM ET
    By Ric Bucher | ESPN The Magazine

Add a grave-sounding issue such as heart surgery to the Boston Celtics' notorious penchant for misleading injury diagnoses -- see: Garnett, Kevin in 2008 -- and it's hard not to wonder if Jeff Green indeed will be back next season.

Former NBA guard Fred Hoiberg, one of four previous NBA players to suffer the same heart condition Green has -- an aortic aneurysm -- is confident Green will return. At full strength. Even though Hoiberg never did. At all.

"He can definitely come back and play," Hoiberg says. "I had every intention of coming back, too, but I had a lot of complications."

Hoiberg is the only one of the previous four NBA players to have heart surgery not to play again. Etan Thomas, Robert "Tractor" Traylor and Ronny Turiaf all had the same procedure. Thomas and Turiaf are in the league today. Traylor didn't return to the NBA after his surgery in 2005 but played six more seasons of professional basketball overseas before dying of a heart attack last spring in Puerto Rico. The cause and circumstances of Traylor's death never have been publicized, but at 6-8 and well over 300 pounds, Traylor battled obesity for a good part of his life.

Green actually can thank Hoiberg, in part, for the discovery of his aneurysm. Hoiberg, then with the Minnesota Timberwolves, became aware of his condition only because he took an echocardiogram as part of a medical examination to qualify for a life insurance policy.

The insurance company didn't tell him why he failed, so Hoiberg assumed it was for an abnormal valve he'd had since birth and became aware of as a sophomore at Iowa State. He finished the season, led the league in 3-point shooting percentage and then went for another exam in May, where he learned the startling news.

Hoiberg's surgery, coupled with the death of Atlanta Hawks center Jason Collier a few months later from an enlarged heart, prompted the league to make echocardiograms a mandatory part of preseason physicals.

Five days after the original operation, a routine check-up revealed that in the process of repairing Hoiberg's aneurysm, the firing mechanism that triggers a heart to beat was damaged and that Hoiberg needed a pacemaker implanted.

After eight months of recovery, he had offers from both the Phoenix Suns and Minnesota Timberwolves to finish the 2005-06 season with them, along with the chance to make history by becoming the first pacemaker-equipped NBA player. After discussing the risks with his wife and as a 32-year-old father of four kids, he elected to go into coaching instead, joining the Timberwolves' staff. He is now head coach at his alma mater, Iowa State.

If Green's experience is anything like Hoiberg's, the toughest challenge will be now through his recovery from the surgery.

"It's a tough blow, it really is," Hoiberg says. "There are no symptoms, so it's like a kick to the gut. I'll never forget the day they told me. But the hardest thing is the recovery process. You don't think you're going to run again. It's a very invasive procedure. They shut down your system and then they have to crack you open and wire you back together again."

Hoiberg says the abnormal valve now requires more surgery, so for the time being he is limited in the kind of exercise he can do. But he remains convinced that the only permanent impact on Green will be a change in his outlook on life. Green has only thanked everyone, via his Twitter account, for their concern and good wishes, but has not spoken publicly since the Celtics announced he would be undergoing surgery.

"It definitely changes your perspective on what's important," Hoiberg says.

Ric Bucher is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

After reading the articles contained in the last few posts, if the C's do have hesitation about JG's deal, it is 100% understandable.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]I am really worried that Jeff will never be offered a contract by the Celtics. Since most teams have used up all of their cap space, Jeff should pursue a lawsuit against Boston if they don't sign him.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]
    Stupid post, even for your laker loving a__. They will sign him unless something is seriously wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

JG says he feels great, post surgery! http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2012/08/jeff_green_says_he_feels_bette.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Nice article! I like JGs mindset! Now if we could just get him signed! http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/8/8/3226854/one-on-one-with-jeff-green

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Another week and no news! I can only come-up with two logical reasons for the continued delay: 1. The C's are waiting until the last minute to sign JG to ensure he is healthy to mitigate their risk 2. The C's are attempting to purchase an insurance policy, to protect themselves against JG's contract, in the event he suffers a set-back and is unable to play

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

why do people think we won't sign green?  come on people move on...if we wasn't going to sign him ainge would have said somthing...and they would have told green so he could look for a team to sign him...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]why do people think we won't sign green?  come on people move on...if we wasn't going to sign him ainge would have said somthing...and they would have told green so he could look for a team to sign him...

I think the bigger question is why haven't we signed JG! DA introduced him along with JT and BB and stated his signing was imminent. That was over 1-month ago!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : I think the bigger question is why haven't we signed JG! DA introduced him along with JT and BB and stated his signing was imminent. That was over 1-month ago!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

yes..and he said it was (imminent)that's good for me...everybody is trying to think of somthing bad...just let it go...he will be signed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : Agree.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yep, totally agree, should have kept Perkins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : yes..and he said it was (imminent)that's good for me...everybody is trying to think of somthing bad...just let it go...he will be signed.  

I actually think he will be signed, as well, but cant help but wonder what is the hold-up. If I had a guess, it would be the hold-up is insurance coverage related.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

With the shock of the Lakers getting Howard (and Nash) whether Green signs or not has become pretty pointless now, don't you think? The only thing that will save the Celtics is a blockbuster move, or moves, but the Lakers pretty much have done all the blockbustering.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j5S_0nN8Sw&feature=related

this is jeff green.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

We have to save the green money to sign a "top five" center... Paying over the salary cap... This is about win not about money

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : No way the Celtics can sign a top 5 Center now or in the near future. The only time the Celts can go after top 5 Centers is if KG's salary is off the books.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

exactly...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?": [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j5S_0nN8Sw&feature=related this is jeff green..... Posted by raider3524[/QUOTE] Nice!

Sections
Shortcuts