Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?

The latest from Bleacher report:

According to A. Sherrod Blakely of Comcast Sports Net, the Celtics have yet to work through the remaining details of the deal that would bring Jeff Green back to Boston. Blakely states that Danny Ainge is confident an agreement will be reached, but no details on the holdup have been discussed publicly. Gary Washburn of Boston.com reports that Greens' agent, David Falk, is confident they will soon work out the remaining details of the four-year, $36 million framework the team and his client agreed to earlier this month.

Jeff Green missed all of last season due to a surgery he needed to correct an aortic aneurysm found by the Celtics' doctors. It is likely the two sides are trying to work through how much the first year of Green's deal will be, as the Celtics are up against the luxury tax after signing of Jason Terry to the full mid-level exception.

They may also be trying to leave enough room to allow for the signing of an additional player during the season. I imagine a deal will be reached in the next week or two, and the Boston Celtics will finish out their roster by adding the very promising and young Jeff Green.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Jeff is a nice player if healthy but not a superstar,Sullinger will play in the rotation this season and next will be ready to shine. As for Bass he is a PF and can be a dominating force on the C's if KG can play the post. Melo is a project,Collins is a pure b/u defensive Center. The kids to watch is Joseph and maybe even Christmas to a certain degree,as both have game!It should be a great season and possibly even one to remember.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

From Celtics Green Blog:

Celtics fans are getting a bit antsy waiting on Jeff Green's contract to be officially signed. Lex is bringing up some conspiracy theories over on Lex Nihil Novi. He's got a point. We have very often had something strange happen. A player has a strange injury. Danny doth protest too much about it. You know the drill. It's nothing serious. Just a slight setback. Nothing to worry about. Then either Danny drops a bomb about a serious injury (ie: heart surgery) or we find out it's a lot more serious than they let on because the player never returns (ie: Shaq's injury or KG's knees). We've all seen it before and we're all wondering what Danny is hiding and we will all keep wondering until Danny either comes clean or Jeff is signed, sealed and delivered.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

DA is not going to discuss anything about contract negotiations other than vague 'We will get it done soon', statements. It is the nature of the beast. It will be done when it is done and we still won't hear much more than what they want to tell us. That is the nature of negotiations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Jeff is a nice player if healthy but not a superstar

If I remember Pierce was the same when he started but bloosomed at the end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?": [QUOTE]DA is not going to discuss anything about cotract negotiations other than vague 'We will get it done soon', statements. It is the nature of the beast. It will be done when it is done and we still won't hear much more than what they want to tell us. That is the nature of negotiations. Posted by KennCelt53[/QUOTE] I hope you are right! The C's need a heslthy J. Green this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : This comment has been reported to BDC for being over the top juvenile, even for a loser like you!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Look, unlike the majority of Celtic fans, I do not wish injury or tragedy upon players of teams that I do not cheer for. I am merely stating a fact that the Celtic organization, for whatever reason, has a terrible history of their players with heart issues succombing to horrific endings. Jeff Green apparently is mulling this over. I have very high ethics and morals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : Look, unlike the majority of Celtic fans, I do not wish injury or tragedy upon players of teams that I do not cheer for. I am merely stating a fact that the Celtic organization, for whatever reason, has a terrible history of their players with heart issues succombing to horrific endings. Jeff Green apparently is mulling this over. I have very high ethics and morals.
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

Of course you do.....we can tell by your your moniker, and the fact you think MWP really didn't hit Harden.  Oh yeah, how's that "Stern didn't suspend MWP, any one with basketball sense knows that" comment holding up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : Of course you do.....we can tell by your your moniker, and the fact you think MWP really didn't hit Harden.  Oh yeah, how's that "Stern didn't suspend MWP, any one with basketball sense knows that" comment holding up?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Lesson of the day for you kid:

"Stu Jackson, the NBA's Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations, has been in professional basketball for more than a decade as an assistant coach, head coach, general manager and league official.

Jackson is the NBA executive in charge of all on-court operations of the sport, including scheduling, officiating, game conduct and discipline. He is also the Chair of the Competition Committee, which recommends rules changes to the Board of Governors."

I even attached a link for you since you are so gullible. Cool

http://www.nba.com/nba101/stu_jackson.html

As always, thank you very, very much for playing. Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Finally! a glimmer of hope:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1284592-celtics-rumors-jeff-greens-return-to-boston-is-key-to-topping-miami-heat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Finally! a glimmer of hope: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1284592-celtics-rumors-jeff-greens-return-to-boston-is-key-to-topping-miami-heat
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

+1  Good news indeed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Get the deal done DA, then take a much deserved vacation!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : i sure hope it's $$$$$$ related.  4 years @ 9M is ridiculous.  "good faith" would be giving green a one year deal at his OLD salary to see if he still can do what he did before the surgery- most teams wouldn't do that.  then go from there. there is no precedent for heart valve guys returning from the surgery and continuing to ascend as players.  none of them have done it.  yet
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

None of who has done it?  I am only aware of one in the past,  Ronnie Turiaf.  Are there others?  Let me tell you something about heart surgery..  Back surgery, knee surgery are harder to come back from that heart surgery.  I am sure I am speaking with more knowledge on the subject than you are,  unless you have experienced all three surgeries as I have.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Green was diagnosed with the following condition: Aortic aneurysm - a general term for any swelling (dilation or aneurysm) of the aorta to greater than 1.5 times normal,[1] usually representing an underlying weakness in the wall of the aorta at that location. While the stretched vessel may occasionally cause discomfort, a greater concern is the risk of rupture, which causes severe pain; massive internal hemorrhage; and, unless treated immediately, death. Luckily for Green, the aortic aneurysm was detected by the C's medical staff and quickly corrected. It is my understanding the prognosis, is for a full recovery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

On a positive note, JG got his degree from Georgetown: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-05-15/amare-stoudemire-university-of-miami-jeff-green-georgetown-graduation-playoffs

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I hear Jeff Green deal will get done. Team and player are planning on Europe #CelticsTalK #UNOSPORTSTONIGHT

Gary Tanguay is hardly Bleacher Report

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Neither party has stated the delay is medical condition related! No news on that front is good news!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

jeff green is going to sign...he wants to be a celtic...don't worry about it...it will happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : Glad you are not the decision maker.   Danny and the Doctors have likely done a LOT of diligence on this and we need his athletic ability and youth (and I wouldn't want to lose him to someone else and have a much weaker team).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

name me one aortic valve replacement guy who came back and was BETTER than before.  no precedent there.  i like green- he's a welcome break from the ego-laden nba player of the day.

however, HOW MUCH did we pay him last year?  and now up to 9M?  with the heart surgery involved?  and 4 years?  smells like a mini eddy curry liability festival to me.  this IS a business after all, right?  not just an overpayment program, as much as it seems like that might be the case

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff is a nice player if healthy but not a superstar If I remember Pierce was the same when he started but bloosomed at the end.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

yes, but pierce never underwent heart surgery

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : None of who has done it?  I am only aware of one in the past,  Ronnie Turiaf.  Are there others?  Let me tell you something about heart surgery..  Back surgery, knee surgery are harder to come back from that heart surgery.  I am sure I am speaking with more knowledge on the subject than you are,  unless you have experienced all three surgeries as I have.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

etan thomas
    rony turiaf

both players returned and played less minutes and got less done PER MINUTE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Did JG have heart surgery, or did he have surgery to repair a non-ruptured aortic anuerysm?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green Signing No Longer Imminent? : etan thomas rony turiaf both players returned and played less minutes and got less done PER MINUTE
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Neither player was any good to begin with. You will have to do better than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I found this post on DocTalkBlog:

DocTalk Blog

the aorta

Monday, December 19. 2011

Having to move to a new city and change jobs is difficult for most people but not as tough as it has become for NBA player, Jeff Green. After being traded from Oklahoma City to Boston, his career has come to grinding halt because a routine preseason physical exam found some not so routine results. An echocardigram or ultrasound of Mr. Green’s heart detected an aortic aneurysm or abnormal bulging of the main artery that leads from the heart to the rest of his body and surgery is scheduled. Without repair, the aorta can leak or rupture potentially causing sudden death.

Usually, aortic aneurysms are found in older people and are associated with hypertension or high blood pressure. The increased force of blood being pushed from the heart against the walls of the aorta combines with gradual breakdown of the protein and elastic fibers in the blood vessel wall to cause a weak spot.. When a portion of the aorta weakens, it can balloon out just like a tire wall can have a weak spot that balloons out. In younger patients, the mechanism is different and a couple of different risk factors are present. With Marfans Syndrome, a gene mutation can cause an abnormal protein in the building blocks that make up the aorta and lead to weakened walls. Another alternative cause is an abnormal aortic valve, the one way valve that allows every heart beat to squeeze blood from the heart into the aorta.

There are a variety of other causes as a result of infections and other inflammatory diseases but one thing is true for most situations, the aneurysm is silent in hiding until potential disaster strikes. Symptoms occur when either aneurysm starts to dissect or leak causing pain and potentially sudden death. In older people, the aneurysm is often found incidentally on a routine chest x-ray, where the aorta’s shadow is abnormally enlarged. The diagnosis is confirmed by echocardiogram or by CT or MRI angiography.

Depending upon the age of the patient, associated medical problems and the size and location of the aneurysm, surgery is often recommended to prevent the consequences (including death) of a ruptured aneurysm. While techniques and outcomes have improved dramatically in the past 20 years, there is still a small risk of major complications including stroke, heart attack and even death.

If Mr. Green returns to play pro basketball, he’ll join a couple other players with aortic aneurysms who recovered from surgery and were able to play again. The spectre of a player collapsing on the court with sudden death has led the NBA to require screening echocardiograms as part of the pre-participation physcial exam. Unfortunately, the test is expensive and requires the skill of a special trained cardiac ultrasonographer or physician cardiologist to gather the images and interpret them and that prevents it from being available for every high school athlete. Of course, it may be a matter of priorities since an echocardiogram costs about as much as an iPad, but perhaps one day there will be an app for that.