Jeff Green - undiscolsed medical issue?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Jeff Green - undiscolsed medical issue?

Damn I hope this isnt serious -

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4687002/green-remains-out-after-physical-red-flag 

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/12/green_out_with.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Jeff Green - undiscolsed medical issue?

being very cautious here - cut him

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This was my thought that Green's situation was a ploy.  I hope he is fine but wonder if Danny is trying to make one last move that could change the course of our season. That is what I am hoping.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Wow - I never thought of that, interesting theory.  If he doesnt pass a physical with us, would we still be able to use him as trade bait for another team?  Wouldnt he need to pass a physical with a different team - and if so, how do the C's maneuver that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rock,
    I forgot when Green came to shoot around on Sunday or Saturday I can't remember which, did he appear physically fine?  If he did then this medical issue is bogus and the theory may have legs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

conspiracy theory?...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I guess I'm a little perplexed by the various posts.  How can someone suggest to "cut him" and "this may be a ploy"?  Jeff Green having a "serious" medical issue would be horrible news for the Celtics.  There is nothing we could do with him that would benefit the Celtics.

If he had a serious illness, we could not play him and if he was ready to return to his OKC play, that would not benefit the Celtics.  We could not trade him in exchange for a much-needed piece because if he cannot pass a physical, he is un-tradeable.  If we cut him he's no good because we get nothing for him AND his salary would still count against the cap.

The best thing that could happen for the Celtics is this is just a minor issue that will allow Green to return ready to play at full tilt shortly.  This is no "ploy" and this situation does not "position" us to make a final run at ANYONE.  This sets us further away from obtaining someone because he is one of a couple young, true trade chips we have available to us.

Besides, right now, there just aren't too many players out there that we could trade Green for who could step in and help right away.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The report out of practice as I remember it was he had a three point shooting contest with someone his deal was not final at that point.  So his serious illness came on after that Petey.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I hope he's ok.  I always was thinking the worst that these guys sit around all year and then show up unable to play.  Sort of like Ty Warren last year when he needed surgery .... why not get it 6 months earlier....idiot. 

That said the reports today straightened me out.  Hope all is well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/conversations/_/id/7348287/all-good-not-sure-doctors-found

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Allright this is getting odd now...Says he's fine but doctors are conferring.  Certainly alarming to me. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Hate to be the one to say it, but you might be looking at a potential heart-related issue. That' what usually comes out of stress tests. If that's the case, it could spell the end of Green's career.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

He must have passed the same physical / stress test last year, when traded to the Cs. The timing of this unidentified issue is a bit odd!

With the above stated, I certainly hope he is OK health wise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I hope he is well.  There is no doubt he is a good player and needed on this team.   With that said, the Celtics need to see what it is going to take to get Kamen!  They need to offer Jermaine O'Neals expiring contract, a second round pick and Moore or maybe Johnson.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green - undiscolsed medical issue?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green - undiscolsed medical issue? : Salaries don't match, Kaman is a 12m player.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Do you see any package they can put together?  Because it would be nice.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.